A few things...

Started by mmwmmj, Jun 12, 2008, 11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mymonkeyfriend

OK, this album is different. But it is seriously pretty badass. Dont care much for 2 Halves or Librarian, but time will tell.

I wanted to see what other people thought about a few things I noticed. One, Pat's drums sound real "soft" on more than a few songs. That guy brings the thunder and it sounds overproduced on EU (primarily Sec Walkin and TMIGTS 1 and 2). Jim's voice sounds almost strained (including falsetto), where it always sounds smooth. I have seen half of this album live, and it really sounds so much more like them when these songs hit the stage. sec walkin and highly suspcious sound totally different live. a second live release would be awesome.

What are yalls thoughts? still a solid album.

rob

To me, Sec Walkin sounds muffled or something on the CD. Almost like noise-reduction was used or something. This song should sound much more open. Smokin From Shootin also sounds slightly muffled.....strange......not sure why.

As far as Pat's drumming......the whole album has a sort of production 'sheen' on it, which might explain why the drums aren't that loud.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

maisie

a second live release may be in the works.  the ear-x-tacy instore show was taped. it's supposed to get released if it turned out good enough.  we'll see ;D
[url="//www.myspace.com/elegantfires"]www.myspace.com/elegantfires[/url]

cmccubbin25

QuoteTo me, Sec Walkin sounds muffled or something on the CD. Almost like noise-reduction was used or something. This song should sound much more open. Smokin From Shootin also sounds slightly muffled.....strange......not sure why.

As far as Pat's drumming......the whole album has a sort of production 'sheen' on it, which might explain why the drums aren't that loud.

wait till you hear Pat's drumming live....he doesn't hold back and it sounds great!!!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

Billo

It's not great to hear people saying
Wait until you hear this song or that live compared to the disc release.
I've heard Highly Suspicious Live and it was unrestrained,  yet on EU its uugghh weak.  Off the Recored Live is soo much better than the studio, so what I'm saying the studio needs to be more organic and perhaps less sheened.  
More Patrick in the mix, less Lay Low drum machine.
When you have the greatest drummer in the world please let him shine.