Is this their Revolver?

Started by jmiles70, Jun 22, 2008, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmiles70

Not to compare the boys to The Beatles,but at the time of Revolver's release it was a giant jump from where they were before.They had made a mild jump with Rubber Soul ,much like the change with Z.I have faith that Jim will continue to experiment and play the music that HE wants to play and hear and not what is expected by his fans.A true artist paints the pallette which his mind creates,not the one which ends up on a bargain table at a flea market in 3 years.I'm just sitting back eagerly awaiting our boys White Album.I think we can all feel it coming.

The DARK

If that means we'll be getting a Sgt Pepper next then absolutely!
In another time, in another place, in another face

capt. scotty

Its really hard to compare, but Id almost say Z was the 'Revolver' due to its surpsise in sound, and this is 'Sgt' due to the total 360 with songs like Highly Suspicious and Touch Me Twice

I take it you consider the White Album to be the Beatles masterpiece? IMHO, with the direction the seem to be going, it will be hard for them to ever top ISM and AD in my eyes. Thats not a knock, simply because I view both as masterpieces, but if they do, then Ill truly be 'amazed'
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Love Dogg

Quote......I have faith that Jim will continue to experiment and play the music that HE wants to play and hear and not [highlight]what is expected by his fans[/highlight].

I don't know what to expect...ever!  My mind gets blown to bits everytime he writes a song.  I am always surprised...which I guess, is what I expect from them.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Angry Ewok

QuoteI don't know what to expect...ever!  My mind gets blown to bits everytime he writes a song.  I am always surprised...which I guess, is what I expect from them.

That's my approach. I expect nothing specific, and I am always blown away.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.