Main Menu

THE DARK!

Started by axround3r, Sep 21, 2008, 10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axround3r

So no one had posted any suggested meanings or interpretations of this tack on songmeaings.net. I love the song as well as the dark (night time) both so much...but cant draw anything from the lyrics, i cant even begin to try. but i will

trapped in gasoline, a lizard on a string, no one ever screams any
more. its called THE DARK. its not a sunny day for the dark. let in the
dark, then you you can sleep and fuck and park. let in the dark, it's not
another day for the dark. let in the dark, then you can sleep and move and park.
so tight, i can't breathe, gods fingers chokin me, like a prisoner on his
knees, beggin won't do a thing for me so c'mon (you can't fight it)
people, oh they're my thing these days, they like to swim, and catch them
rays. MONEY, dont do a thing for me, im happy now, thats how i be.
it's called the dark.

Ill take the last line starting from Money. Material possessions like money can have ones mind in a fog during the daytime. The basic feeling yearning that is with the writer each day. This is what money symbolizes here. But now that the day has past it is now Dark. A time of day the writer enjoys and brings peace of mind.

ANy takers

DaFunkyPrecedent

this song has no meaning to me at all...

it's not the words that he says, but the feeling that I understand...
God damn those shaky knees.

Erik26

I would love to hear what that song would sound like now. If can get into seattle sound check i am going to try to request it...
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

stu42

Quotethis song has no meaning to me at all...

I'd say theres plenty going on in the song to glean meaning out of, its far from up front, and I can't say I've deciphered it, but that certainly doesnt mean it was just nonsense thrown together.

DaFunkyPrecedent

I'd say theres plenty going on in the song to glean meaning out of, its far from up front, and I can't say I've deciphered it, but that certainly doesnt mean it was just nonsense thrown together.

sorry...i didn't mean it in that way.  It gives me more of a feeling when i listen to it, rather than a song like "I Will Sing You Songs" which has a direct meaning to a loved one.  The Dark makes me feel like I'm breaking through something...
God damn those shaky knees.

axround3r

yah man i totally agree with you the song is good whatever

stu42

sorry...i didn't mean it in that way.  It gives me more of a feeling when i listen to it, rather than a song like "I Will Sing You Songs" which has a direct meaning to a loved one.  The Dark makes me feel like I'm breaking through something...

I totally missed the "to me" part in your post, my fault.  I totally agree though that sometimes just the feeling in the song is far more powerful then the words, I get that a lot from MMJ.

axround3r

Most certainly agreed sometimes i get carried away with lyrics, one of my favorite parts of connecting to musicians.

But when it comes to MMJ just some songs especially this one its juts the way he sings not the words at all.