Main Menu

MMJ on UK TV

Started by mickoafc, Dec 09, 2008, 06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickoafc

My Morning Jacket are on Sky Arts live music show 'From The Basement'. They are playing live in a studio with no audience. The performance lasts for about 25 mins.
You can see it now on Sky Anytime, or wait until Wednesday 10th at about 10pm.
http://www.skyarts.co.uk/music/article/from-the-basement
P.S.
There is some cape action, for cape fans. :D

dragonboy

Thanks for the heads up!

Some of those line-ups look great...Radiohead, Andrew Bird, Fleet Foxes?!
The Raconteurs, Seasick Steve, Band of Horses?!
Queens of the Stone Age, Terry Callier and Mercury Rev?!

Presumably you have to be a Sky subscriber to access Sky Anytime?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mickoafc

Yes you have to be a subscriber, watched it last night on Anytime in HD. Set list was: Thank You Too, One Big Holiday, Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Part 1, Librarian, Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Part 2.
It is on the Sky Arts channel tomorrow night if you can't get Anytime.

EvilGirl

Thanks for that.  I am on Virgin but now Virgin are showing all the Sky channels too, so I can see it!

BH

This is supposed to be on IFC in America sometime soon.  You can see a list of artists and several clips including full sond performances from Andrew Bird, Seasick Steve and the Fleet Foxes here....

http://www.fromthebasement.co.uk/show.php?number=01&page=welcome
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

hizzo

I searched IFC's website but couldn't find when it was coming on. Did you just search "from the basement?"
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

BH

QuoteI searched IFC's website but couldn't find when it was coming on. Did you just search "from the basement?"

I couldn't find anything on IFC either.  It was the above "from the basement" website link that states that it will be shown soon on IFC.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Sparkle

Awesome, thanks for the heads up  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

hizzo

Oh, okay. Cool! Can't wait!! If anyone sees it coming up on the guide or anything, let me know!
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

Sparkle

Just finished watching this. Had my housemates join me and they were converted on OBH - beautiful! They were slightly lost on the cape action though :)

Dillsnufus

is this on ifc yet?
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

coldnebraskablue

Don't suppose any kind soul managed to record this ?

Blimey - MMJ, Sparks, Fleet Foxes, Radiohead....  ;)