Main Menu

Master Plan

Started by stevenflow1989, Jan 02, 2009, 11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenflow1989

Anyone a fan? Haha. It seems like every few months a song hits me and I kick myself for not realizing how great it is earlier.

What a great song.

xmascriminal

One of my favorites. Then again, they have so few songs that aren't. There's no way I could ever make a top ten.

malloy

Definitely one of my favorites - would love to hear it live.

sweetheartlover

A for sure favorite! I've been waiting to hear this one live for some time. Thought that it might've had a chance in Chicago. Oh well, I've still enjoyed all of my Jacket experiences.

Janet

Absolutely one of my faves.   I think this song is super sexy.  ;D

songdiver

well, way to go, i was supposed to go to the store and buy food b/c i haven't eaten today, but now i want to hear Master Plan, which means i have to listen to ISM in its entirety b/c it's sounding like a really good idea.  fine, i'll starve...good call on the master plan.

I also like this song b/c it is a hint at what they were going to be doing in the future.  I get a little surprised at people who love ISM and can't get behind Z or Evil Urges very much, b/c a song like Master Plan shows a bridge between the albums.  It has a sort of steel sound w/ the guitars, just like a song such as Off the Record or much of EU.  But it took me like 2 years to figure this out, so what the hell do i know?  That's what i love though, the Jacket gives off so many subtle messages that end up being really amazing once you figure out the riddle.
"where we are, in the blink of an eye you get several meanings"

stevenflow1989

Quotewell, way to go, i was supposed to go to the store and buy food b/c i haven't eaten today, but now i want to hear Master Plan, which means i have to listen to ISM in its entirety b/c it's sounding like a really good idea.  fine, i'll starve...good call on the master plan.

I also like this song b/c it is a hint at what they were going to be doing in the future.  I get a little surprised at people who love ISM and can't get behind Z or Evil Urges very much, b/c a song like Master Plan shows a bridge between the albums.  It has a sort of steel sound w/ the guitars, just like a song such as Off the Record or much of EU.  But it took me like 2 years to figure this out, so what the hell do i know?  That's what i love though, the Jacket gives off so many subtle messages that end up being really amazing once you figure out the riddle.

That's a pretty good connection actually, i like thinking of that.

General

Gorgeous song, great harmonies, killer minor key chorus, very intense. It has slayed me many times.

Love Dogg

Once I heard that song...I never stopped listening.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Im The Dude

QuoteOnce I heard that song...I never stopped listening.

I love the song but has anyone heard them play this one live?  Ive seen them three times and havent gotten to heard this song.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Love Dogg

QuoteOnce I heard that song...I never stopped listening.

I love the song but has anyone heard them play this one live?  Ive seen them three times and havent gotten to heard this song.

I haven't either.  I believe they played it in Kansas City this past summer though.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."