Instrumentals

Started by el_chode, Apr 06, 2009, 11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

Maybe some of you truly uber-fans with encyclopedic knowledge will know better, but does the band have a full out instrumental? I'm not talking like "untitled" or "instrumental", but a song that lets the music do the singing. Maybe I'm just brainfarting on this and missing the obvious.

I'm talking something like Yo La Tengo's "I Heard You Looking" or the ubiquitous "Jessica" by the Almond Brothers.

If not, I'd like to formally request the band record one. They can use vocals, in the same way like the wordless chorus in "wordless chorus" but sometime I'm just in the mood for a melodic piece with no words.
I'm surrounded by assholes

capt. scotty

To the best of my knowledge, they dont have an instrumental song. Theres probably a dozen tunes that some here have heard that I havent, but I cant say I know of one.

Almond Bros...hahah
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

tomEisenbraun

Check out the last track of ...Does Xmas Fiasco Style and you've got your answer right there. Not only is it a beautiful instrumental, but it's Christmas-y, too!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

el_chode

QuoteCheck out the last track of ...Does Xmas Fiasco Style and you've got your answer right there. Not only is it a beautiful instrumental, but it's Christmas-y, too!

Isn't that a variation on something else? It gives me Deja Vu. Still, good call.

But I want something more over the top. Something that combines the last halves of Steam Engine, Lay low, Off the Record, I Will Sing You Songs, Run Thru, and Touch Me II, only something so new and awesome it could be its own record store-only EP

st. john

el  u read my mind.  

it's exactly what i have been craving for months.

maybe one of the wizzards on here could mix that and put it up for the more lame like me.

i can taste just how good it would sound.

tomEisenbraun

It is indeed the instrumental version of Xmastime Is Here Again, but that doesn't stop it from being beautiful in its own right.

I do see what you're saying, though.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

BH

Only other thing I can come up with is "Epichord" from a Louisville Is For Lovers CD.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

B

Well there is the instrumental track that ends "Tennessee Fire", not an all out jam, just bells I believe, great track though and I think it's even listed as instrumental in the track listing.

el_chode

Quoteel  u read my mind.  

it's exactly what i have been craving for months.

maybe one of the wizzards on here could mix that and put it up for the more lame like me.

i can taste just how good it would sound.

This may or may not be a worthwhile project for me during this easter break.

Love Dogg

Don't forget about the last +/-14 minutes of COBRA!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

lasvegas

yeah the last track on tennessee fire is the only true instrumental of theirs i can think of.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

el_chode

Prayers = answered. That is all

darkglow

yeah... the first time i listened to "octoplasm" i was immediately reminded of the jazzy sax/guitar jam of "dondante" at T5 or the grateful dead improv solo during "PWW"

mind = blown