Main Menu

KOL vs. MMJ

Started by SuperKarateMonkyDC, Apr 28, 2009, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vadie Stark

QuoteCheck this Dawgs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyt6byJP3Ac&feature=related

Ha, nice Rhodesian Ridgeback!  I've got one of those.  That one looks way more aggressive than mine.  Mine is a 120 lb. softy.

On topic, I remember in [highlight]eighth grade[/highlight] when me and my friend Joey Rickenbacker * used to argue about Motley Crue vs. Ratt.  Those were the days.

* Made up name to protect his identity.  I mean come on, Ratt better than Motley Crue?  How embarrassing for him.

Key words
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

BH

QuoteCheck this Dawgs

Ha, nice Rhodesian Ridgeback!  I've got one of those.  That one looks way more aggressive than mine.  Mine is a 120 lb. softy.

On topic, I remember in [highlight]eighth grade[/highlight] when me and my friend Joey Rickenbacker * used to argue about Motley Crue vs. Ratt.  Those were the days.

* Made up name to protect his identity.  I mean come on, Ratt better than Motley Crue?  How embarrassing for him.

Key words

Wow, you picked up on that all by yourself?  You should be a CSIer ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Vadie Stark

QuoteCheck this Dawgs

Key words

No. I had help ;)
They're sayin BH was Joey Rikenbacker now ;) I smell a Ratt.
So what do you think of The Jonas Bros Vs Fleet Foxes?

BH

QuoteCheck this Dawgs

Key words

No. I had help ;)

That's a tough call, I mean the Fleet Foxes sound EXACTLY like MMJ right so they have to be good don't they?  But the Jonas Bros. LOOK EXACTLY like MMJ without beards so it's a real tough call.  I guess if the Jonas Bros grow beards and start singing more songs about Jesus, I'll go with them.  Otherwise the Foxes.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Bigsky

[quote (im not sure I know what can be more gay than watching MTV movie awards though  ::))
quote]

It is very gay, but my beautiful wife wanted to watch it and it gave us some time to hang out together.

I watched that youtube clip...and I still think they are not even close to being MMJ...the lead singer's voice did nothing for me. I actually need to go listen to Jim James just to get that screaming out of my head.  
Compared to MMJ [size=24]KOL SUCKS![/size]

Vadie Stark

QuoteCheck this Dawgs

Key words

No. I had help ;)

That's a tough call, I mean the Fleet Foxes sound EXACTLY like MMJ right so they have to be good don't they?  But the Jonas Bros. LOOK EXACTLY like MMJ without beards so it's a real tough call.  I guess if the Jonas Bros grow beards and start singing more songs about Jesus, I'll go with them.  Otherwise the Foxes.

I thought I was at an MMJ show once but it was Fleet Foxes. I think the Jonas Bros. could kick fleet Foxes ass in a bar fight though. They all have those Purity Rings on so that would hurt if they hit you. I don't think they can grow beards yet. Maybe the world needs more songs about Jesus. I'm sure The Pearl Jams new record will fill that gap.

the sun and moon

QuoteCheck this Dawgs

Key words

No. I had help ;)

I thought I was at an MMJ show once but it was Fleet Foxes. I think the Jonas Bros. could kick fleet Foxes ass in a bar fight though. They all have those Purity Rings on so that would hurt if they hit you. I don't think they can grow beards yet. Maybe the world needs more songs about Jesus. I'm sure The Pearl Jams new record will fill that gap.

i don't know about that. fleet foxes has j. tillman and he is one big viking man. i'm positive he can take two of those younger ones.

Vadie Stark

It seems they have booked a co-headlining tour and there will be no fight >:(

BH

Dude, you are a master of internet photographs.  Seriously, how do you do it?  Do you have an intersect in your head?  

(That was a nerdy Chuck reference on my part.)

Vadie Stark

You mean this intersect ;)

marino13

I really like Aha Shake Heartbreak and some songs off of the 1st and 3rd albums.  I saw them at Lolla two years ago and they put on a good show.  However, that band is gone, never to return.  Everything about them now is orchestrated for pop radio success.  To their credit, they were successful in that, but they are no longer my cup o' tea.  It's hilarious to me to look at their publicity photos.  The chubby-handed guitar player always tries to have this dreamy, mouth-opened look on his face.

I love MMJ, but they haven't had the widespread appeal.  Maybe a better comparison to KOL would be Jack White.  He sells tons of records no matter which project he's in, and he didn't have to sell out to do it.   Much props to him.

capt. scotty

Dude, you are a master of internet photographs.  Seriously, how do you do it?  Do you have an intersect in your head?  

(That was a nerdy Chuck reference on my part.)

I said this a few months back, I believe in the random image thread saying lets just call it the ETB thread. He is the master of the picture, no doubt.

We Are Not Worthy!!!

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteI really like Aha Shake Heartbreak and some songs off of the 1st and 3rd albums.  I saw them at Lolla two years ago and they put on a good show.  However, that band is gone, never to return.  Everything about them now is orchestrated for pop radio success.  To their credit, they were successful in that, but they are no longer my cup o' tea.  It's hilarious to me to look at their publicity photos.  The chubby-handed guitar player always tries to have this dreamy, mouth-opened look on his face.

I love MMJ, but they haven't had the widespread appeal.  Maybe a better comparison to KOL would be Jack White.  He sells tons of records no matter which project he's in, and he didn't have to sell out to do it.   Much props to him.

This makes A LOT of sense to me Danny Marino.

I think the door is still open on KoL though. Their next album will be the determining factor on whether theyve officially gone for the $$$ or still have integrity.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons