Main Menu

New EP

Started by JacketGirl, Mar 11, 2009, 02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tangerine

QuoteI went ahead and bought it from musicdirect.com because I NEED this ep. I am goign to buy it at the local record store too.

I'm in DC and was in Crooked Beats last weekend and Bill, the owner, said that they would be stocking the EP and said he'd have 10-15 copies. It's prob the best place inside the beltway to find new stuff. They always have new releases on time.

Washington, DC 20009
(202) 483-2328

open at noon on saturday. i am lining up!!

I ordered it from the same site.. how many days do u think it will take to arrive?

Vadie Stark

Record store day has now been changed to sit on your ass and order from home online you lazy bastards day!
Thank you vey much!
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

tangerine

QuoteRecord store day has now been changed to sit on your ass and order from home online you lazy bastards day! Thank you vey much.

lol well I did try most of the closer philly stores and southern NJ ones but nothing :( It was my last resort :D

goose

QuoteHi,
   I just spent the last two hours calling eleven stores in DC / VA area, asking if any of them have copies of the new stuff:

"yea we'll have one copy, open at noon"

"yip hope to have three copies, first come first serve"

Yea should have 15 copies, but there will be a line outside, I believe there is a guy coming from PA to buy a copy"

Other stores

"No we are not selling ANY stuff, goodbye"

Can anyone help me out as what I should do?

Thanks

Drive to Louisville tonight.  We have the best record store on earth.  Empire Records ain't got shit on it.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

capt. scotty

Just called like 6 or 7 stores, found 2 that are gonna have it  8-)

1 that I called though, I ask if theyre getting some record store day albums in, and he replies with, "no, we couldnt get in on that. we dont have tom waits, we have tom jones, we dont have green day, we have doris day, does that answer your question?"

kind of funny, but kind of superdoosher as well. dont think Ill ever shop there.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

lyricjunkie

I got lucky....
I'm not sure if anyone else in my area knows about MMJ or not...although I don't understand why they DON'T!  The store I went to remembered me from my squeals over the Okonokos DVD I got from them way-ago and I was able to sweet talk two copies out of em.  gawd I'm glad I have a decent smile. :)
The manager laughed at me when I called to see if they were in cause I squealed again.   ::) what can I say?  I'm a happy girl!!  
*SMOOCH* <--- that's for the most excellent band that ever popped out in muthafuckin' Louisville Kentucky!  
Talk less....
Say more.

Janet

QuoteRecord store day has now been changed to sit on your ass and order from home online you lazy bastards day!
Thank you vey much!

Thanks for making me spit my coffee!  Through my nose!

Vadie Stark

This is what happens when people don't go to their local record store.
They tear them down.Hey look here's homegrown Tower Records going down.Happy ?:'( I'm not :(

Penny Lane

QuoteI just got a copy from a store in the Village in NYC through Amazon.com, no local record stores in my  area of Brooklyn!

which store?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Isobella

Record store day sounds like another liberal idea to prop up a dying business ;)

Vadie Stark

edtombell  discovers that the apes, who can talk, are in control and are divided into a strict class system: the gorillas as police, military, and hunters; the orangutans as administrators, politicians and lawyers; and the chimpanzees as intellectuals and scientists. Humans, who cannot talk, are considered feral vermin and are hunted and used for scientific experimentation.

Vadie Stark

April 18th, music lovers worldwide will descend on local independent music shops to celebrate the second annual Record Store Dayhttp://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/04/17/record-store-day-a-guide-to-the-best-rock-hitting-1000-shops/

youngvedder

Sonic BOom IN toronto has about 6 copies left on the shelves...went in at 10:05 and I saw at least 4 people holding the ep...

the ep is excellent I may add (so far) ...librarian, Phone, and dondante to go.

enjoy!!

Yv

searchinbig

Okay. Just got back home.

Time for some lunch and:

:D

Got lucky and picked up C & I on vinyl too. White and Blue vinyl.

Anybody know which pressing this is?
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

joey_rogo

just got home from the record store. no mmj. in fact, they didnt have any of the new releases. so i picked up some oldies including cosmos factory, focus 3, and the soundtrack to death wish 2, featuring the greatest picture of charles bronson ever. they gave me the special record store day record even though i didnt spend $50. ho hum. i special ordered the new ep, i think, we'll see this week.

Shouldnt Be Ashamed

Just got back, luckily snagged a copy at Red Onion in DC. The line for crooked beats was around the block so I took a chance. They had 2 copies so I grabbed one, pushed my greed aside and let another customer have the other. :) the sound is great. awesome version of dondante. love the picking before patrick's solo. the guy said they didn't press many. this will tide me over for awhile...

fleabag

I just got back from Rainbow Records in Newark DE, and they had some... I didn't inquire how many though.

I got two free cd's two free LP's --both samplers, a slip pad for my turntable, and all sorts of stickers, iron-ons, posters and cool stuff because I spent more than 50 bucks.  Ironic... one of the posters was Nicole Atkins.  I don't suppose any ladies in the house want it.... hello ....hello?

Anyway it was a great morning.

Happy hunting for yours!
...words only got in the way

Shouldnt Be Ashamed

where to begin ... dare i say JJ's best song ever written? i had to re-place my needle about 5 or 6 times before i could move to the next song. amazing. gives me the chills.

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

CTdeadhead

I hate you all, just jealous.  I called every store in CT listed on the site as having it, not a one store had it.. I finally called Ear X Stacy and ordered it from them.  Damn Connecticut.  We can't even buy booze after 8PM or Sundays.  Why am i rambling.... just pissed i was so looking forward to today!!!