Main Menu

New EP

Started by JacketGirl, Mar 11, 2009, 02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tangerine

mine is set to arrive on my doorstep this time tomorrow by UPS :D Along with the new Wilco DVD... Happy Happy days!

Bigsky

QuoteI hate you all, just jealous.  I called every store in CT listed on the site as having it, not a one store had it.. I finally called Ear X Stacy and ordered it from them.  Damn Connecticut.  We can't even buy booze after 8PM or Sundays.  Why am i rambling.... just pissed i was so looking forward to today!!!

I had the same issue...I don't live near any of the stores (I'm up in the Hartford area) in CT and when I called them they were either sold out or never got it. BUT I was able to find a copy for sale online and it's being shipped to me...I hope. I can't wait to get it. I don't even own a record player, but I'll play the CD and frame the record.

I got it from this site: http://www.insound.com/My_Morning_Jacket_Celebraci%F3n_De_La_Ciudad_Natal_2x10"+CD/productmain/p/INS53322/

goodjam2bn

:-[ >:(

rats!! Grimeys sold out. They said it was a limited run, only 2,500 copies released.

:'( :(
Ride the music wave and wipe out really good!

dhooseyawaddy1

there were 2 vinyl for sale on Amazon... I got one so the other might still be up!

Vadie Stark

I preordered the EP and picked it up on the 16th they called on 15th said it was in. We didn't listen to it until the 18th on our way to the record store for the Wilco DVD and NY Sugar Mt. cd 8-) When we got home another person from the store had left a message that the mmj EP was in :D. The store (Dimple in Citrus Heights CA) had 4-5 of each format that I saw.I think it was real cool it was released like that, seemed to put an old school spin on going to get music and hanging at the record store :) You used to be able to get anything and everything at the record store  :P Stopping by Tower Records was a friday night sat. night ritual to get the finer things in life when I was a kid, if you know  what mean.
In my last  3 trips to that Dimple I picked up ISM- Acoustica Acoustica Backwards-Okonokos-Z and the new one. All but Okonokos included cds, thoughtful. ;) My turntable is in a closet right now, not to hard to hook up but I just like having the albums, comforting that you can actually see the art and read the text :)
Here's a blast from the past: In 1974 I got a newsletter from the Grateful Dead in it they said that in the future we would all listen to music on shiny silver discs that are read by a beam of light.What a crock of shit :D  It was later I thought man I need to pay more attention and not discount so much. Still working on it. :P
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Leontheslut

QuoteI preordered the EP and picked it up on the 16th they called on 15th said it was in. We didn't listen to it until the 18th on our way to the record store for the Wilco DVD and NY Sugar Mt. cd 8-) When we got home another person from the store had left a message that the mmj EP was in :D. The store (Dimple in Citrus Heights CA) had 4-5 of each format that I saw.I think it was real cool it was released like that, seemed to put an old school spin on going to get music and hanging at the record store :) You used to be able to get anything and everything at the record store  :P Stopping by Tower Records was a friday night sat. night ritual to get the finer things in life when I was a kid, if you know  what mean.
In my last  3 trips to that Dimple I picked up ISM- Acoustica Acoustica Backwards-Okonokos-Z and the new one. All but Okonokos included cds, thoughtful. ;) My turntable is in a closet right now, not to hard to hook up but I just like having the albums, comforting that you can actually see the art and read the text :)
Here's a blast from the past: In 1974 I got a newsletter from the Grateful Dead in it they said that in the future we would all listen to music on shiny silver discs that are read by a beam of light.What a crock of shit :D  It was later I thought man I need to pay more attention and not discount so much. Still working on it. :P
This post reminds me of this

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8KJ29qph0&eurl

I hope Col. Klink doesn't get too upset.

Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Vadie Stark

QuoteI preordered the EP and picked it up on the 16th they called on 15th said it was in. We didn't listen to it until the 18th on our way to the record store for the Wilco DVD and NY Sugar Mt. cd 8-) When we got home another person from the store had left a message that the mmj EP was in :D. The store (Dimple in Citrus Heights CA) had 4-5 of each format that I saw.I think it was real cool it was released like that, seemed to put an old school spin on going to get music and hanging at the record store :) You used to be able to get anything and everything at the record store  :P Stopping by Tower Records was a friday night sat. night ritual to get the finer things in life when I was a kid, if you know  what mean.
This post reminds me of this

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8KJ29qph0&eurl

I hope Col. Klink doesn't get too upset.

Nice! What a trip I'm saving that link I forgot Jim was still alive and in the interweb 8-)
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Ruckus

Yeah, mine didn't have it on vinyl but oh well, another time.  Per usual, love the Where to Begin [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Angry Ewok

I wonder what the edition size is?
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Jamie44

I read somewhere that the pressing was of 2,500 copies.  I can't remember where I read this.

Angry Ewok

Thanks a lot, Jamie.

2,500 is a pretty limited edition considering the concert held about 10,000 (ballpark from my memory, I might be way, way off).

Love Dogg

QuoteThanks a lot, Jamie.

2,500 is a pretty limited edition considering the concert held about 10,000 (ballpark from my memory, I might be way, way off).

You're right.  Actually, by the time it was all said and done, it was closer to 11,000.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

capt. scotty

You're right.  Actually, by the time it was all said and done, it was closer to 11,000.

Wow, that many women gave birth during that concert?!

No wonder people were saying it was almost like a religious experience
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

AllyDee

I love the record, the packaging is beautiful

my one teeny complaint is that it would've been nice to do a gatefold for the double ten-inches. The jacket is a bit tight over both of 'em.

Angry Ewok

Wow, that many women gave birth during that concert?!

No wonder people were saying it was almost like a religious experience

Funniest post of the day, sire.

;D

Bumbeli

QuoteYeah, mine didn't have it on vinyl but oh well, another time.  Per usual, love the Where to Begin [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Where to begin is really outstanding, I also enjoy Dondante a lot (who would have thought  ;))
Feelings hour, every tuesday morning.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli"]http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli[/url]

Bigsky

I just got mine in the mail...it only took two days. Evil Urges has just begun...Oh Man! :D

Bigsky

I just uploaded it to my iTunes...and how the fuck does iTunes put it under as "Gospel & Religious" genre. I quickly changed it to "Thrust-in-your-face Rock-n-Roll"

Angry Ewok

QuoteI just uploaded it to my iTunes...and how the fuck does iTunes put it under as "Gospel & Religious" genre. I quickly changed it to "Thrust-in-your-face Rock-n-Roll"

I feel partly responsible for the whole Gospel identification.

Love Dogg

QuoteI just uploaded it to my iTunes...and how the fuck does iTunes put it under as "Gospel & Religious" genre. I quickly changed it to "Thrust-in-your-face Rock-n-Roll"

I feel partly responsible for the whole Gospel identification.

It is the Gospel...according to Jim.  ;)
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."