Main Menu

New EP

Started by JacketGirl, Mar 11, 2009, 02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

searchinbig

I LOVE the bombs that Two Tone drops in Highly Suspicious!

Turn the bass way up and blast it.

Nice to have quality sound. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

goose

QuoteI LOVE the bombs that Two Tone drops in Highly Suspicious!

The recording is so pure.  One of the best parts is that it is hard to determine which songs were at which venues if you didn't know better.  One was outside with around 11,000 people and the other was inside with about 500 peopple, but the crowd sounds eerily similar at the end of some of the tracks.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

BH

The recording is so pure.  One of the best parts is that it is hard to determine which songs were at which venues if you didn't know better.  One was outside with around 11,000 people and the other was inside with about 500 peopple, but the crowd sounds eerily similar at the end of some of the tracks.

Yeah, when they blend the crowd noise from EarXtacy to the riverfront it sounds awesome.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Love Dogg

Yeah, Tommy has that '90s Miami Bass sound!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

capt. scotty

I had to turn my bass levels down when that song came on  :o ;D

I forget which were where when I first read it, but Id bet that EU and HSuspicious were both def EarXtacy, and the PWW and Dondante both Waterfront.

Id say the WTBegin was waterfront, Librarian EXT, but the Gideon is a toss up. Id guess EXT
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

From Rolling Stone....

Billboard Chart Debuts: Besides Day26, there was only one other fresh LP in the Top 100, and it belonged to Los Angeles shoegazers Silversun Pickups, who amazingly finished at Number Seven with their excellent second album Swoon. What a difference a week makes: Had Swoon and its 43,000 copies sold debuted last week, it would've finished 12th instead of seventh. Even a Record Store Day exclusive managed to infiltrate the charts: My Morning Jacket's live EP Celebracion De La Cuidad Natal took 158.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

AMightyCaporal

QuoteFrom Rolling Stone....

Billboard Chart Debuts: Besides Day26, there was only one other fresh LP in the Top 100, and it belonged to Los Angeles shoegazers Silversun Pickups, who amazingly finished at Number Seven with their excellent second album Swoon. What a difference a week makes: Had Swoon and its 43,000 copies sold debuted last week, it would've finished 12th instead of seventh. Even a Record Store Day exclusive managed to infiltrate the charts: My Morning Jacket's live EP Celebracion De La Cuidad Natal took 158.

hollaaaaaa

mine comes today FINALLY!!! but I can't listen to it until late on monday since I wont be home this weekend  :'(  I can't wait though!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Bob Loblaw

I had been listening to the vinyl and finally got around to importing the CD into itunes.  It recognized the CD but labeled the genre as Gospel & Religious.  Hilarious.

rcs

FINALLY!  I just got mine today and am giving it it's first spin right now.  Phone Went West is (as always) incredible!!! :D

So happy to have my grubby little hands on this gem.

.Walt

QuoteFINALLY!  I just got mine today and am giving it it's first spin right now.  Phone Went West is (as always) incredible!!! :D

So happy to have my grubby little hands on this gem.

;D grubby - love it!

Just got mine today! Awesome.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Angry Ewok

Got mine in, today, as well. Lovely stuff. It felt so good to finally give a new MMJ vinyl some spin time!
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

AMightyCaporal

finally got to listen to my copy last night and the trip to work this morning. so friggin good- i can't wait to listen to the actual records though. thats for tonight me thinks
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

AMightyCaporal

just discovered what Celebración De La Ciudad Natal translates to in english. thats just beautiful- I love this friggin band

incase some of you don't know what it means

Celebración De La Ciudad Natal= Celebrating the birthplace

searchinbig

Quotejust discovered what Celebración De La Ciudad Natal translates to in english. thats just beautiful- I love this friggin band

incase some of you don't know what it means

Celebración De La Ciudad Natal= Celebrating the birthplace

I'm glad I popped out right here in motherfuckin' Louisville!  ;D
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Dillsnufus

my god! dondante is worth it alone. how this wasn't a single amazes me . guess too long to be but damn sir damn, that and pww.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

FiddleCastro

I couldn't get my hands on the vinyl, but I did pick up the CD, and my goodness it's amazing.

Phone Went West, Evil Urges and Dondante are freakin incredible!!!

And it also imported into iTunes for me as "Gospel and Religious".... well, live Jacket is pretty much, a religious experience.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Angry Ewok

My CD didn't import any information at all... Had to put it all in there manually.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

.Walt

QuoteMy CD didn't import any information at all... Had to put it all in there manually.

If you're wondering the genre, it's Gospel & Religious.  No lie.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

rcs

The version of Dondante on this record is officially my new favorite.  It is just so visceral.  Listening to it through headphones honestly makes me feel like I'm at the concert.  I love it when the crowd starts to cheer just before Carl starts his sax solo.  Gives me chills every time.

harpua51

I have an extra copy of the New EP on Vinyl....i ordered one from Music Direct and My local record store actually had an extra on hold for me.  

I am just looking to recoup what I spent on the music direct copy,  I will sell for $25 plus shipping....the 10' LP is still in the wrapper and in Perfect condition.

If your interested please email me
captainmarshall51@gmail.com

thanks so much