Main Menu

New EP

Started by JacketGirl, Mar 11, 2009, 02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

QuoteI hate you all, just jealous.  I called every store in CT listed on the site as having it, not a one store had it.. I finally called Ear X Stacy and ordered it from them.  Damn Connecticut.  We can't even buy booze after 8PM or Sundays.  Why am i rambling.... just pissed i was so looking forward to today!!!

Ha! I feel the same way right now.  I should have drove the 40 minutes to a better record store but I'm going to gamble on them still having one on Monday.  If not though, then I'll have to order online and wait another few days.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

Great sound quality!

Great banter!

Sweet PWW and Dondante. Thought Patrick's drums really stood out on the Gideon. Only complaint is the solo on Evil Urges sounded really muffled. Not sure if that was the guy on the soundboards at the show, Jim flubbing it, or what, but it was hard to decipher.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

DavidCrosby

QuoteI hate you all, just jealous.  I called every store in CT listed on the site as having it, not a one store had it.. I finally called Ear X Stacy and ordered it from them.  Damn Connecticut.  We can't even buy booze after 8PM or Sundays.  Why am i rambling.... just pissed i was so looking forward to today!!!

....I am from CT too and saw that coming so I went to Brooklyn and found everything there....
listen to vinyl

CTdeadhead

Ha! I feel the same way right now.  I should have drove the 40 minutes to a better record store but I'm going to gamble on them still having one on Monday.  If not though, then I'll have to order online and wait another few days.

How u been BH, hope I'll see you again at a show!

Dillsnufus

yea i was out of luck here in long island. i was banking on my brother getting it at looney tunes but no luck . getting tho from a place in wilkes-barre
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

axround3r

so the record store in red bank NJ never got the new EP!
so I just got it still moves on vinyl instead =]

but still
Fuck me

Can you order this thing online?

lisaskye

Got It Love it.  Love this stuff.  I love this band.
My store was "Music Theory" in San Diego CA  http://www.mtheorymusic.com/

got the last CD.  The  vinyl  sold out too.

Love it all,  my favorite cut it "Phone went West"

your Luv Dawg,
Lisa Marie in sunny San Diego

Ghosts_on_TV

Got mine today at Gallery of Sound in Wilkes-Barre PA. I had it on special order but they had a bunch. Got the Wilco DVD as well plus TONS of free shit. Record Store Day kicks ass.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Bumbeli

QuoteGot mine today at Gallery of Sound in Wilkes-Barre PA. I had it on special order but they had a bunch. Got the Wilco DVD as well plus TONS of free shit. Record Store Day kicks ass.

Why aren't there any participating record stores in stupid austria  :(
Feelings hour, every tuesday morning.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli"]http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli[/url]

Dillsnufus

QuoteGot mine today at Gallery of Sound in Wilkes-Barre PA. I had it on special order but they had a bunch. Got the Wilco DVD as well plus TONS of free shit. Record Store Day kicks ass.

Cool that's where I'm getting mine too.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Ghosts_on_TV

Do you live in the W-B?
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Penny Lane

i got the last copy at Tunes in Hoboken. flying like hotcakes!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bmn0547

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Went to every record store in the DC/NOVA area in the past 2 days and nobody has anything left! I can't believe it! Although I did finally get my hands a copy of the swirl edition of Chocolate & Ice at store here that's about shut its doors for the last time.

I just wanna hear at this point! Can anybody share? Would be extremely grateful..

crimsonghost

Just got mine!!! Drove 84 miles round trip to Salzer's in Ventura Ca. Great drive along the coast, listened to the cd the whole way home (Dondante got me through the bit of traffic) just got home about to listen to it again through some good headphones  ;D  ;D  ;D
"yea he dreams in the daytime too!"

Dillsnufus

Do you live in the W-B?

I don't. my mom lives in White Haven and i visit here sometimes .
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

el_chode

I don't know if this warrants a new thread or not, but in the spirit of Record Store day, does anyone have any stories about how "social" their music experience wound up being?

I hit up Pure Pop in Burlington Vermont, discussed with the folks there Dark Was The Night, how things were generally, how record store day was shaping up, what was the new hotness, and I felt at home.

And now, until I have room to unpack my vinyl and turntable, I'll just put the album in a place of prominence.

I'm surrounded by assholes

capt. scotty

QuoteI don't know if this warrants a new thread or not, but in the spirit of Record Store day, does anyone have any stories about how "social" their music experience wound up being?

I hit up Pure Pop in Burlington Vermont, discussed with the folks there Dark Was The Night, how things were generally, how record store day was shaping up, what was the new hotness, and I felt at home.

And now, until I have room to unpack my vinyl and turntable, I'll just put the album in a place of prominence.

I guess my experience wasnt very social  :-/. I said thanks for getting the album though and the store had a lot of people in it. Then again, it was 70 degrees and saturday at 3pm.

120 minute IPA...you must be ballin' ! That, or you put your best beer out front  ;D

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

el_chode

QuoteI don't know if this warrants a new thread or not, but in the spirit of Record Store day, does anyone have any stories about how "social" their music experience wound up being?

I guess my experience wasnt very social  :-/. I said thanks for getting the album though and the store had a lot of people in it. Then again, it was 70 degrees and saturday at 3pm.

120 minute IPA...you must be ballin' ! That, or you put your best beer out front  ;D

Ha no, that's my extension of my bottle hall of fame, organized by brewery and geographically. That area has all the Dogfish, Flying Fish and Victory.

Oh and a great album that was played repeatedly on the 4.5 hour trip from VT-NJ
I'm surrounded by assholes

Vadie Stark

Ha no, that's my extension of my bottle hall of fame, organized by brewery and geographically. That area has all the Dogfish, Flying Fish and Victory.

Oh and a great album that was played repeatedly on the 4.5 hour trip from VT-NJ

I thought you put your record in headdy's fridge ;)
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

pawpaw

This is what happens when people don't go to their local record store.
They tear them down.Hey look here's homegrown Tower Records going down.Happy ?:'( I'm not :(

Poor Tower... :'(
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."