MMJ Guitar Book- anyone seen this?

Started by Johnny_Yac, Mar 04, 2010, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

http://www.amazon.com/My-Morning-Jacket-Collection/dp/1423482948

Product Description (from Amazon.com)
Notes and tab for 14 of the finest from these Kentucky rockers. Includes: Bermuda Highway * Dondante * Evil Urges * Gideon * Golden * Highly Suspicious * I'm Amazed * Lay Low * Look at You * Off the Record * One Big Holiday * Smokin' from Shootin' * Thank You Too * The Way That He Sings.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

FiddleCastro

http://www.amazon.com/My-Morning-Jacket-Collection/dp/1423482948

Product Description (from Amazon.com)
Notes and tab for 14 of the finest from these Kentucky rockers. Includes: Bermuda Highway * Dondante * Evil Urges * Gideon * Golden * Highly Suspicious * I'm Amazed * Lay Low * Look at You * Off the Record * One Big Holiday * Smokin' from Shootin' * Thank You Too * The Way That He Sings.

Hah, i finally figure out Smokin' from Shootin' and then they release a book. figures.  :D
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

jones

Nice find JohnnY.  Did you notice the publish date?  

Publisher: Hal Leonard Corporation (March 1, 2010)

Pretty fresh.

mahg33ta

The book's been out 4 days.  man, nothing gets by this guy.

I picture JohnnYYac siting in front of a bank of 10 computer screens monitoring anything MMJ-related going on in the world.

johnnYYac

I'm not as pathetic as I seem, though my wife will fall over laughing when she reads your replies.  Each night, I check eBay for Omnichords and MMJ-related stuff.  That's where I found this MMJ guitar book.

Each night and occasionally during my lunch, I check the forum.  Also, I can type pretty fast and have figured out posting pics and copy/paste techniques.  Now, the trick will be trying to buy MMJ/Tom Petty tickets at noon during one of my classes.  Gotta keep the students busy and hope the principal doesn't walk in.  ;)

Now, quiet!  My spidey-sense tells me someone is watching Okonokos on their iPhone... in Spokane, WA.  His name is... Tim.  Gotta get back to work.

jones

These are a couple of shots of JohnnY's home office.  The top one is a before picture prior to his recent equipment update.  JohnnY is the guy in the bottom picture in the blue shirt.

aMillionDreams

Sweet! The first official MMJ Tabs book.  I'll have to order a copy.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

mahg33ta

Hahaha Flyguy- that's EXACTLY what I was picturing.

good luck w/ the tix JohnnYYac... as I told you, I'm taking the "wait until last minute approach" for those... let me know which day you get though...

johnnYYac

QuoteThese are a couple of shots of JohnnY's home office.  The top one is a before picture prior to his recent equipment update.  JohnnY is the guy in the bottom picture in the blue shirt.

LOL!!! ;D ;D ;D

You're not so far off...  Here is a picture of my workstation from my gamers post in Off-Topic Ramblings

jones

I don't game, but that looks like a serious setup.  

"MMJ Control, this is JohnnYYac, do you read me?"

johnnYYac

QuoteHahaha Flyguy- that's EXACTLY what I was picturing.

good luck w/ the tix JohnnYYac... as I told you, I'm taking the "wait until last minute approach" for those... let me know which day you get though...

Hey Kyle,

I caved and got tickets for MMJ/TP for Aug. 21 today.  Ended up with front row!  of section 13.  Here's a link to the seat view.  

http://seatingcharts.livenation.com/ballena/479/test/?pano_name=sec_13_2

They were the $65 dollar seats, but with fees 4 tickets cost $348!!  I need to find a cheaper hobby!

johnnYYac

QuoteI don't game, but that looks like a serious setup.  

Probably not as complex as your cockpit, I imagine.  

(Did that come across as perverted to anyone else?)  

Its been a long week...

johnnYYac

Wow, what does it say that the last three posts are from me?  Too much time on my hands?

Just a heads up that the least expensive place for the MMJ guitar tabs book looks to be eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400106795371&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Amazon can be cheaper if you combine the book with something else, totalling over $25, then shipping is free.  That link is at the top of this thread.

jones

Its been a long week...

How dare you.

AMightyCaporal

Its been a long week...

How dare you.
;D he said cockpit  ;D

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

jones

Its been a long week...

How dare you.
;D he said cockpit  ;D

I was in the USAF from 1996-2000 and they made us use the term flight deck.  Cockpit was not politically correct, even in 1996.

:-X ::)

jones

I don't have the best ear and I have learned the majority of the music that I know by tab/chord sheets (self-taught guitar player circa 1993, thank you).  I tend to forget how to play songs a lot sooner if I didn't figure it out on my own.  I am still a fan of convenience and usually use tab/chords.

Has anyone received their tab book yet?

johnnYYac

QuoteI don't have the best ear and I have learned the majority of the music that I know by tab/chord sheets (self-taught guitar player circa 1993, thank you).  I tend to forget how to play songs a lot sooner if I didn't figure it out on my own.  I am still a fan of convenience and usually use tab/chords.

Has anyone received their tab book yet?

Repeating flyguy, has anyone gotten this book?  I've ordered it, but was curious what others think.