SF Giants love MMJ

Started by bbill, Apr 15, 2010, 12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

Or, at least the producer who makes their commercials promoting upcoming games on KNBR 680 does. I've been listening to a lot of sports talk radio and game broadcasts since the season has started, and so far I've heard bits from OBH and Evil Urges in Giants commercials. I think the MMJ influence is the reason los Gigantes are off to such a great start!  8-)

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

.Walt

Our radio station does the same thing. It goes something like...your listening to Fox Sports Radio (or KFAN), and in the background it plays the music of the Jacket. They play like 4 or 5 different Jacket songs.  8-)

Are the A's your AL team?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

pawpaw

Yeah, I like to see the A's do well, they're my AL team. Truthfully, I'm not a huge baseball fan, don't follow it like I do football or basketball. I used to go watch a handful of Giants and A's games each season when I lived down in the Bay Area and casually follow each team throughout the season, but since my son was born my sports intake has been destroyed - last baseball season was a blur and I didn't even make it to a Raiders game last year!

There have just been Giants games on the radio when I get in the car to go places lately, and when I get home I'll turn it on inside, so by chance I've just had a lot of Giants radio thrown my way so far this season.

Love hearing the MMJ playin' during the games too!

capt. scotty

Niiice!!!

Those SF jerseys that actually say Gigantes might be my favorites in the MLB

Note to self: never have a kid because your mind will implode without being able to watch sports when you want to
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

So cool! The MMJ universe is in constant expansion...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

pawpaw

QuoteNiiice!!!

Those SF jerseys that actually say Gigantes might be my favorites in the MLB

Did you guys hear about this one? Eugenio Velez hit the field for one of the games in Houston last week with a misspelled "San Francicso" jersey.

BH

I just read that tonights "SNL Greatest Hits of the 2000s" or whatever it's called, will feature several musical guests including My Morning Jacket!   So out of the entire decade they chose MMJ as on of the very few to make the list!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

.Walt

QuoteI just read that tonights "SNL Greatest Hits of the 2000s" or whatever it's called, will feature several musical guests including My Morning Jacket!   So out of the entire decade they chose MMJ as on of the very few to make the list!

Hell yeah! That's awesome!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Erik26

QuoteI just read that tonights "SNL Greatest Hits of the 2000s" or whatever it's called, will feature several musical guests including My Morning Jacket!   So out of the entire decade they chose MMJ as on of the very few to make the list!

I saw that as well! There was a few really cool performances they weaved into that show. Great SNL behind the scenes/best of 2000's episode overall I thought.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

Erik26

Oops, i didn't notice you posted this in the afternoon before the show aired. My bad. Did anybody else catch it last night?
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

walterfredo

Vamos Gigantes!!!

I'll be at the Dodgers/Giants game at Dodger stadium this sunday, in full Giants gear.  Let's home I make it out alive!

pawpaw

QuoteVamos Gigantes!!!

I'll be at the Dodgers/Giants game at Dodger stadium this sunday, in full Giants gear.  Let's hope I make it out alive!

Have fun! Who's pitching for the Giants?

I just realized that the Subject line for this thread could understandably be completely misunderstood:

mjkoehler

Note to self: never have a kid because your mind will implode without being able to watch sports when you want to
don't worry, you're to f'n tired to care that you're missing the big game.

walterfredo

looks like Zito will be pitching.  I'm gonna miss Lincecum by a day.  damn.

capt. scotty

QuoteVamos Gigantes!!!

I'll be at the Dodgers/Giants game at Dodger stadium this sunday, in full Giants gear.  Let's hope I make it out alive!

Have fun! Who's pitching for the Giants?

I just realized that the Subject line for this thread could understandably be completely misunderstood:

Isnt it an amazing story that Lincecum went from being a pitcher in Dazed & Confused to one of the best in the MLB?! Crazy
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

walterfredo

that's funny, I've thought that he looked like the kid since I first saw him.

And he puffs tough too.  

pawpaw

Wooderson: "Say Timmy, you're a freshman, so tell me, how's this new crop of freshman chicks comin' in?"
Lincecum: Forces uncomfortable laugh and looks at ground, awkwardly grabs bridge of nose and shakes head.
Pink: "Wooderson, you dog, you're gunna get busted one of these days!"
Wooderson: "Nah man, that's what I love about these High School girls...I get older, and they stay the same age..."

Jon T.

Wooderson: "Say Timmy, you're a freshman, so tell me, how's this new crop of freshman chicks comin' in?"
Lincecum: Forces uncomfortable laugh and looks at ground, awkwardly grabs bridge of nose and shakes head.
Wooderson: "Nah man, that's what I love about these High School girls...I get older, and they stay the same age..."

That is hilarious. Did you memorize that scene?  What cracks me up is the "grabs bridge or nose" part.  It is insane how many times that kid grabs his nose in that scene.   ;D

pawpaw

That is hilarious. Did you memorize that scene?  What cracks me up is the "grabs bridge or nose" part.  It is insane how many times that kid grabs his nose in that scene.   ;D

;D I guess I kinda have memorized it, but I saw it recently too. It's a go-to movie in my house - we end up watching it a couple times a year. Dazed & Confused always delivers!  8-)

Penny Lane

;D I guess I kinda have memorized it, but I saw it recently too. It's a go-to movie in my house - we end up watching it a couple times a year. Dazed & Confused always delivers!  8-)

Memorize? Bbill lives it!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill