Before My Morning Jacket

Started by Johnny_Yac, Jun 08, 2010, 08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headhunter

both of you guys took nice pills today.

i'm going to all 5 and wasn't planning on who to take for  1 and 5 yet as it is still 2 months away.  not afraid that i can't find someone but if one of you needed it for yourself, i'd be happy to part with one to help a true dedicated fan.  otherwise i can indoctrinate a newbie.

johnny, i live in ny (long island anyway) and could probably also offer u a place to stay if need be.  i'd have to ask my wife but she would probably be fine.  she saw the pix of you and yim and your girls and her smile was as big as mine..he was with me at merriweather and newport and will also be at philly.  she met bluesky at newport and thinks mmj fans are the nicest people (she is pretty smart).
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Quoteboth of you guys took nice pills today.

i'm going to all 5 and wasn't planning on who to take for  1 and 5 yet as it is still 2 months away.  not afraid that i can't find someone but if one of you needed it for yourself, i'd be happy to part with one to help a true dedicated fan.  otherwise i can indoctrinate a newbie.

johnny, i live in ny (long island anyway) and could probably also offer u a place to stay if need be.  i'd have to ask my wife but she would probably be fine.  she saw the pix of you and yim and your girls and her smile was as big as mine..he was with me at merriweather and newport and will also be at philly.  she met bluesky at newport and thinks mmj fans are the nicest people (she is pretty smart).

Dude, this is very nice.  I will talk to Dr. Yac, the wife (PhD toxicologist).  Its very generous of you, if your better half is cool with it.  I'll email or PM you soon.  If you have a better use for the ticket, don't hold it on my account, but its okay if you do.  ;)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

headhunter

my wife would be fine.  it would take us about an hour to get home after the show and you could leave anytime early sunday morning to drive home.  big enough house that we could easily make room for you.  could even show you the various mmj posters from shows including the one from boston we have that we couldn't make (despite having awesome seats)

johnnYYac

Quotemy wife would be fine.  it would take us about an hour to get home after the show and you could leave anytime early sunday morning to drive home.  big enough house that we could easily make room for you.  could even show you the various mmj posters from shows including the one from boston we have that we couldn't make (despite having awesome seats)

Boston '08?  My first show.  I just got the poster a couple of months ago.

headhunter

i remember-- u had told me once.  

i traded 2 front row seats for a poster after out trip fell apart a few hours before the show.  

seeing them at msg on nye a few months later made up for it.

johnnYYac

Quotei remember-- u had told me once.  

i traded 2 front row seats for a poster after out trip fell apart a few hours before the show.  

I bet.  I was new to the MMJ scene and not ready to make the run to NYC, though you live nearby, which helps.  Made up for it this April and again in August and October.  

We are crazy, huh?  I talked to an old friend of mine tonight.  Like my other close friends, he can't get into the Jacket, says its Jim's voice among other things.  They all respect my devotion and obsession, but its not for them.  

Sucks not having many old friends to turn on to MMJ, but I've met some cool people, in person and virtually, from all over the world.  That is very cool.  Case in point, h2.  

SaraBananaBear

I bet.  I was new to the MMJ scene and not ready to make the run to NYC, though you live nearby, which helps.  Made up for it this April and again in August and October.  

We are crazy, huh?  I talked to an old friend of mine tonight.  Like my other close friends, he can't get into the Jacket, [highlight]says its Jim's voice [/highlight]among other things.  They all respect my devotion and obsession, but its not for them.  

Sucks not having many old friends to turn on to MMJ, but I've met some cool people, in person and virtually, from all over the world.  That is very cool.  Case in point, h2.  

Jim's voice as a reason NOT to like it?! Oh dear, what is the world coming to?  :o There is no hope for the poor man...  ;) Have you showed him Okonokos?  :-?
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

johnnYYac

We are crazy, huh?  I talked to an old friend of mine tonight.  Like my other close friends, he can't get into the Jacket, [highlight]says its Jim's voice [/highlight]among other things.  They all respect my devotion and obsession, but its not for them.  

Jim's voice as a reason NOT to like it?! Oh dear, what is the world coming to?  :o There is no hope for the poor man...  ;) Have you showed him Okonokos?  :-?

This particular friend, whom I've known since 4th grade, mirrors comments made by two other life-long buddies- that can't stand the voice.  I KNOW!  Go figure.  I asked him if I could send him the Charleston DVDs or Okonokos.  He said, honestly, he wouldn't watch them.  He actually lived with my family for a year following an ugly divorce.  I gave him a sizable collection of MMJ.  He says he hasn't listened to it since the first listen.  

I hate making comparisons, but these same three good friends have accompanied me to many a show, including Neil Young and the Grateful Dead, oh, and Bob Dylan.  To complain that Jim James's voice is "irritating" when he often sounds like N. Young and infinitely better vocally then Garcia or Dylan, I'm at a loss.  Still, it is a common response.

It seems you either love MMJ 105% or you can't stand 'em.  More for us, I guess.