My Morning Jacket Karaoke Night!!!

Started by Dodobird, Nov 02, 2010, 01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodobird

Has anyone thought of this yet? How much fun would it be to do an MMJ Karaoke night at some bar in the city! We can all do our best JJ. Anything from their extended MMJ catalog including covers the band has done! I know we are all having the post T-5 blues. Lets make this happen! I am just the idea man. Anyone on the board have Karaoke equipment or know someone who may. I could recommend a few bars that would host us.

I would love to attempt to sing "The Bear" followed by "Hot Legs!"

:D :D :D
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

e_wind

My favorite Kareoke song is Lisa Loeb - Stay. just throwin that out there...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

tdb810

I would need to be really really really drunk......that being said, I'm in!  :)

In fact, I am considering buying a karaoke machine for my daughter for Christmas (she would like to sing Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga songs blech!) so if we do that, we can party here!  Will keep you posted!

.....Back at the Model Home

Dodobird

That's the spirit! The whole point is to get wasted and have fun watching each other make fools of ourselves.

e_wind

where do you all live? what city are you referring to?

lil sis

"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

e_wind

Dodobird

QuoteI would need to be really really really drunk......that being said, I'm in!  :)

In fact, I am considering buying a karaoke machine for my daughter for Christmas (she would like to sing Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga songs blech!) so if we do that, we can party here!  Will keep you posted!

TDB!
Where do you live??

FiddleCastro

My friend has a legit karaoke machine, and Friday night, I sang Careless Whisper, Hot Legs, and Wonderful Tonight  ;D
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Honest Man

Great idea but what actual MMJ songs are available in Karaoke form? Or is this just us Jacketeers getting together for a night of debauchery?
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

tdb810

QuoteI would need to be really really really drunk......that being said, I'm in!  :)

TDB!
Where do you live??

Cranford, New Jerzeeeeeeeeeeeeee (30 mins from the city) Winter Wonderland MMJ-Karaoke party ?  AND there is a train stop 3 blocks from here for all you NYC folk!  Seriously need to start plotting and planning something for the dead of winter.  Will keep you posted!!

tdb810

QuoteGreat idea but what actual MMJ songs are available in Karaoke form? Or is this just us Jacketeers getting together for a night of debauchery?

Debauchery with some attempted karaoke-ing :)

bluesky

Lets do it!!! And those from far cn come back to NYC! T5 reunion!!!
;)

TDB!
Where do you live??

Cranford, New Jerzeeeeeeeeeeeeee (30 mins from the city) Winter Wonderland MMJ-Karaoke party ?  AND there is a train stop 3 blocks from here for all you NYC folk!  Seriously need to start plotting and planning something for the dead of winter.  Will keep you posted!!

Dodobird

TDB!
Where do you live??

Sounds good! Yeah, this is def more a reason to get together again. Karaoke will just be one of the many fun things we can do. I'll have to dust off my xmas music that I can play on the pipes. Joy To The World and The Little Drummer Boy! LOL  :D

Lookig foward to it! Any dates in mind yet?

tdb810

TDB!
Where do you live??

Sounds good! Yeah, this is def more a reason to get together again. Karaoke will just be one of the many fun things we can do. I'll have to dust off my xmas music that I can play on the pipes. Joy To The World and The Little Drummer Boy! LOL  :D

I am thinking Jan or Feb......need to look at the calendar and see what works.....I want as many people to be able to make it as possible, so I am thinking Feb....maybe a Valentine's weekend MMJ jamboree??  

johnnYYac

TDB!
Where do you live??

I am thinking Jan or Feb......need to look at the calendar and see what works.....I want as many people to be able to make it as possible, so I am thinking Feb....maybe a Valentine's weekend MMJ jamboree??  
Don't forget to invite the boys.  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Dodobird

TDB!
Where do you live??

Jan or Feb sounds good to me! Keep in mind that football playoffs will be hapenning in Jan. I have season tickets for the Giants and it looks like they should be in the playoffs if they keep this up!

So Feb might be perfect. Maybe the weekend in between the superbowl when nothing is going on? Sound good? The Superbowl is on Feb 6th this year. The weekend before that would be Jan 29/30. Sat Jan 29 would prob be best.  

tdb810

TDB!
Where do you live??

Jan or Feb sounds good to me! Keep in mind that football playoffs will be hapenning in Jan. I[highlight] have season tickets for the Giants and it looks like they should be in the playoffs if they keep this up! [/highlight]So Feb might be perfect. Maybe the weekend in between the superbowl when nothing is going on? Sound good? The Superbowl is on Feb 6th this year. The weekend before that would be Jan 29/30. Sat Jan 29 would prob be best.  

You are too funny! Yes, we are Giants fans too so no worries about a conflict there.  Bob has been to 3 games this season -- and he will probably be at more)

That being said, the weekend of Jan 29-30 is usually booked for some non-football male bonding activities with Bob & friends -- poker or some other activity to ease the pain of a no football weekend -- so that won't work.
I am seriously looking at the weekend of February 12th because I think that is also some sort of holiday weekend, which may make it easier for people who might be travelling to us.  I need to check it and get back with something more concrete.....
In the meantime, for anyone who is looking at this, and interested, how does that weekend work?
Obviously we won't be able to get everyone, but I would like to aim for a majority :)

headhunter

beth and i can't sing but we can drink and we love our mmj forum buddies so if invited we would cross the river to the jersey side
was some shakin' and some record playin'

tdb810

Awesome Jeff!  Check "the band" threads.....2.12.11 is a date I have thrown out there! let me know peoples