Chicago Theatre 10/9 - 10/10

Started by oceanbilly, May 15, 2008, 11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OB

[/quote]
that they are... 3rd row, nice f'n work dude!

did you get them on TM online? approx what time did they pull up?[/quote]

That's the crazy thing -- I got em at around 10:30.  I had already got four crappy seats, and I was just messing around.  Probably tried 100 times while talking on the phone, got shitty seats over and over, and then all the sudden.....

I got so excited I almost lost them clicking the wrong shit.  

solace

very cool!

i just sent you a PM btw  ;)

dhollensbe

QuoteI hate to be the "brag about seats" guy, but I'm so pumped I had to share this....

4 seats for Friday, PIT row CCC

Are these as amazing as they appear to be?  I've never been to the Chicago Theatre.  Anyone know if they are lower than the other seats (thus "pit"), or anything else about this section?  Thanks in advance.  My 4th MMJ show could very well be my fav.

Nice, Pit seats are nice especially if you like the sound flying over your head ;)
Dead on the beach,
Is where I wanna make my home......

OB

[/quote]

Nice, Pit seats are nice especially if you like the sound flying over your head ;)[/quote]

As long as it flies into my ears on its way, I'm cool.

archie manning

I have been in those seats.  You will love them!

capt. scotty

how would floor 1L seats be (furthest left, Row A)? Still a decent view or is it real far off to the side? would i have been better off with mezzanine's?...any info??

either way, I heard this venue is sweet. My fave indoor ive ever been to is the 9:30 Club, and with that being about a 1000 capacity place and seeing a couple shows 10 ft from stage and center, its probably gonna be hard for the CT to top it, but im sure itll rock anyhow
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ultravisitor

The 9:30 Club is a TOTALLY different type of venue from The Chicago Theatre.  No comparison, really, except that they both host concerts.  The Chicago Theatre is on par with Radio City Music Hall, not a dark club like 9:30 Club or Black Cat.

I mean, really.  This is The Chicago Theatre:

Swordfishtrombones

Snagged floor row PP and row L seats for Thursday and Friday respectively.  Seeing MMJ the week before in Milwaukee.  Nick Cave and My Bloody Valentine in the same stretch of weeks - I've got a lot to look forward to!

JacketGal

We've got main floor both nights! Way to score on the pit tix!

MNFL4L, row H, seats 401-403 - Thursday
MNFL2R, row M, seats 218-220 - Friday

I got 2 extra tix in the balcony for Thursday if anyone needs tickets....PM Me please. Face value of course.

The question remains now is how the heck to we wait until Rocktober for the show! :)

I've been singing Evil Urges for days on end....
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

cantrell-r

Oh man, this is going to be a huge concert year...The Wiggles in August, The Jacket both nights in October.  The only way it could get better is if The Wiggles opened one or both of those nights!  What are the odds?

MarsMoonLuna

I got one dead center in the balcony, 4 back, late Friday afternoon for Thursday.
Would rather Friday but wtf.  Went to the box office at lunch and they had nothing good.
I completely forgot about the presale(s).  

Never been anywhere but the main floor, I think this will be a good seat.

As fast as these went I wouldn't be surprised if they do Saturday.

capt. scotty

QuoteThe 9:30 Club is a TOTALLY different type of venue from The Chicago Theatre.  No comparison, really, except that they both host concerts.  The Chicago Theatre is on par with Radio City Music Hall, not a dark club like 9:30 Club or Black Cat.

understood, and I knew what kind of venue the CT was. Just came out to the midwest from Pittsburgh, and Ive seen shows in the Benedum Center in the 'Burgh which is very similar. Ive just heard its a great venue, and Im not sure if thats more for the aesthetics, or the acoustics if you get my drift. Im sure they have a lot of plays there, so does MMJ tone it down?!?

I was mostly just wondering about the view for my seats, which that pic finally gave me a good perspective, gracias..but shit, looks like the mezzanine's would been a better call than wide left on the floor..i feel like norwood after he blew that kick for the Bills, WIDE
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MarsMoonLuna

QuoteThe 9:30 Club is a TOTALLY different type of venue from The Chicago Theatre.  No comparison, really, except that they both host concerts.  The Chicago Theatre is on par with Radio City Music Hall, not a dark club like 9:30 Club or Black Cat.

understood, and I knew what kind of venue the CT was. Just came out to the midwest from Pittsburgh, and Ive seen shows in the Benedum Center in the 'Burgh which is very similar. Ive just heard its a great venue, and Im not sure if thats more for the aesthetics, or the acoustics if you get my drift. Im sure they have a lot of plays there, so does MMJ tone it down?!?

I was mostly just wondering about the view for my seats, which that pic finally gave me a good perspective, gracias..but shit, looks like the mezzanine's would been a better call than wide left on the floor..i feel like norwood after he blew that kick for the Bills, WIDE

I've seen both Neil Young and Jeff Beck at the Chicago Theater.  The sound is absolutely first rate.

Neil was during the unplugged days and Jeff Beck, well was Jeff Beck, LOUD!
The CT does both well, so I'd guess MMJ will sound great here.

capt. scotty

I've seen both Neil Young and Jeff Beck at the Chicago Theater.  The sound is absolutely first rate.

Neil was during the unplugged days and Jeff Beck, well was Jeff Beck, LOUD!
The CT does both well, so I'd guess MMJ will sound great here.

works for me brotha..Ill take your word..only thing is - I dont wanna wait 5 months for the damn show..as my gramma says, patience is a virtue

dhollensbe

Just playing around trying to get an extra for Friday...looks to be sold out.  
Dead on the beach,
Is where I wanna make my home......

Jim

got a single for the thursday show if anyone is interested!

hippiern

hey there folks, ive got a set of 4 extras for the thursday show i need to sell.

pretty cool seats, the 4 together fill a balcony box so youd have it all to yourselves.  its box 4 on the map, seats 27-33.

face value.

drop me a line at
tylermitchellrn@gmail.com

Jernigan

Anybody know what the camera policy for CT is? I have tickets to both night, so I guess I'll find out on the first night ( worse case scenario ) just thought I'd ask though.