Ideas for MMJ to consider - Bonnaroo

Started by sweatboard, Feb 16, 2007, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

They seem to keep toping themselves.  It's going to get difficult at some point so I think maybe we should start storing up ideas for them so that they can fall back on them if need be.  

1.      You know how Kings Of Leon flew into Bonnaroo in helicopters?  Well, What if MMJ skydived onto the stage and what if each band member had different colored smoke streams coming off their helmets.  They could play freebird over the PA while they were descending.  

There's Still Time.........

DaFunkyPrecedent

I think they should all be shot out of cannons that are coming from a giant bears ass into a huge water tank where they will preform their entire new album in full underwater.
God damn those shaky knees.

sweatboard

DaFunkyPrecedent

Angry Ewok

Oh yeah? I think the band should step onto stage as they normally do and start rocking out... and just when we think everything is normal, the crowd, the stage, the whole area gets surrounded by circling wagons... These wagons, with puppets whipping away at pink painted stallions, circling around and around, closing us into a tighter pack... and then the band pulls out potato launchers and fires peeps into the crowd.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

sweatboard

DaFunkyPrecedent

i think they should play hanging upside down, held up by COBRA's!  

or...

just more costumes...costumes rule and thats what really made new years special.  you felt lost in a world you have never seen before.  

cmccubbin@work

great article and very funny:

http://media.www.tuftsdaily.com/media/storage/paper856/news/2007/02/20/Arts/Mikey.Goralnik.Paint.The.Town.Brown-2730189.shtml

Mikey Goralnik | Paint the Town Brown
June 14-17, 2007: Bonnaroo
Mikey Goralnik

"...As far as I'm concerned, bands that play loud power chords and catchy hooks are the optimal kind of music to see at a festival. Hip-hop acts and solo artists tend to be consumed by the huge stage, and the sonically rich sounds of arty bands never seem to fare well outside. In Franz Ferdinand, The White Stripes, Spoon, The National and The Hold Steady, Bonnaroo has culled together five of the best, purest, guitar-heavy rawk bands making music today. When My Morning Jacket eventually signs on for the festival, Bonnaroo will feature at least six of the most festival-ready bands around. Boo-yah Coachella."
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

gimmedisco

here's an idea for them to consider...

PLAYING!!!

and yes, i understand it's not entirely up to them.  to be honest, i could totally see them taking a BIG break for a while.  they toured like mofo's last year.

DaFunkyPrecedent

but they're a touring band....they live to preform live.

I can see them just playing fest. and some other big shows though.  

The DARK

Have them play their entire catalogue over all three days, including covers, early recordings, and all of their new album! Mixed in are live fights between cobras and bears, longest beard contests, and photos with every member of the forum who attends. To open, the band with an entire horn section drops in on parachutes and kicks up the intro to Easy Morning Rebel. Jim opens with the lines "The Easy Morning Rebels, well we have come!"

QuoteThey seem to keep toping themselves.  It's going to get difficult at some point so I think maybe we should start storing up ideas for them so that they can fall back on them if need be.  

1.      You know how Kings Of Leon flew into Bonnaroo in helicopters?  Well, What if MMJ skydived onto the stage and what if each band member had different colored smoke streams coming off their helmets.  They could play freebird over the PA while they were descending.  

Not Freebird. The last thing we need are more Skynard comparisons.
In another time, in another place, in another face

sweatboard

Fair Enough, Play "your hand in mine" by Explosions In The Sky then".

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

Dorothy_Mantooth

i've just got two things to say.

fog machines

+

the dance from the Love Is A Battlefield video
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

whothrewthecake

Quotei've just got two things to say.

fog machines

+

the dance from the Love Is A Battlefield video

AND
2 bird heads worn by douchebags (us) complete with egg shakerz

Dorothy_Mantooth

QuoteAND
2 bird heads worn by douchebags (us) complete with egg shakerz

"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

DaFunkyPrecedent

I think they should play naked....i can only hope their pubic hair is as long as their head hair.

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteI think they should play naked....i can only hope their pubic hair is as long as their head hair.

like this?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

DaFunkyPrecedent

cmccubbin@work

so a friend of mine ran into Pat last night in Louisville and shot some pool with him at Dundees.  he asked him if they are going to play Bonnaroo and he said they would love to, but will probably be working on the new record then.

so there is hope...but it doesn't look good.
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.