nye msg meetup

Started by sshho, Oct 17, 2008, 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vespachick

I'm obviously all about whatever Penny & Sean come up with.  Def not down with cruising into Queens.  :-/
The more divey and the more Irish the more I want to be there RIGHT NOW.  Reenie, you with me?   :D ;D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

bluesky

hey...have been out of the loop. I'm up for anything penny's about...a dive up the road and meeting early. I'm heading back to Michigan for xmas and will be back on the 29th....would like to have plans as sorted as possible before hand. maybe we should pick a post show place too? or just a street corner to meet up on after.... ::)

DirtyJerzee

I was finally able to sign off on the contract this weekend and here is the scoop. Apparently, they are not giving us three hours, but FOUR HOURS between 3-7  The price of admission is still $50 a person (it would come to $12.50 per hour) and it includes the following:

-Open bar for 4 hours which includes all beers on tap (25 beers on tap to be exact), 12 oz bottles, all well drinks, and first tier liquors. No cognacs and high end tequilas will be served.
-Buffet will be open for four hours and will include Penne a La Vodka, Buffalo Wings, Quesadillas, Mozzarella Sticks, Chicken Fingers, Jalapeno Poppers, and salad.
-Rockband and Guitar Hero will be available for your rockin pleasure on a big screen during the duration of the party.

You must be 21+ to enter and they will card at the door.
The place is called Sunswick and is located at 35-02-25th St in Astoria Queens. In case you are lost , their phone number is 718-752-0602. The train ride is about 15 min and you can catch the R train to Steinway or the N or W to 36th Ave.

Payments will be made in advance and the deadline is the 22nd of December (a Monday) I will be taking payments by paypal or by check if you don't have a paypal account set up. PM me if you wish to go and I shall send you my paypal account or mailing address.If you are a little strapped for the cash and would like to attend, please feel free to PM me and I will try to work out something.  

I hope I have covered everything. If there are any questions you guys (and gals) know where to find me.

Salacious D

DirtyJerzee--you rock for setting that up!!!
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

DirtyJerzee

Ghostess on TV

We can all bring our own alcohol and party in the back of my car...   ::)

Ghosts_on_TV

We could all go to the pants party. I love lamp.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

kydiddle

Brick killed a guy!
Cow temperature.

ChiefOKONO

There is a bar Inside of MSG that some of us met at in 2005, why not just do that??  or do the doors not open early enough?

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

NoVa_NoLa

The Blarney about a block away closed  :(  but maybe it's not the same one that you are thinking of...

I also in the neighborhood, but not too divey is The Ginger Man.  If you're looking for good beer, this might be a good option.  It's at 11 East 36th St.

http://www.gingerman-ny.com/  

There should be a good divey option for those looking for PBR  ;) ...I'll check and post it here when I find it.  :)

Penny Lane

hmmm that's strange i think i walked by last week and it was still there--i know there is the blarney rock and the blarney stone (lol) they are both in that area. the one i'm thinking of is right next to old navy/across from manhattan mall, a block down from Macys? i think that one is blarney rock and it's right next to Stout, another option because of it's sheer size.

i'm up for wherever. I don't think bars will be packed at this time, which will be good :-)

i'd be up for gingerman, also
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

October

haven't read through all the various threads, but just wondering....

is there a sort of definitive plan, where the bulk of members will be meeting up pre-show?  or are we still trying to work that out?

Penny Lane

Quotehaven't read through all the various threads, but just wondering....

is there a sort of definitive plan, where the bulk of members will be meeting up pre-show?  or are we still trying to work that out?

i think we're still trying to work that out but stay tuned--it will probably be some dive bar w/in a couple blocks of MSG which will be convenient for everyone :-)

ALady

There are at least 10 of us meeting up at the Sunswick in Queens.  I'm told it's about a 15 minute train to MSG from there.

$50 for 4 hours of open bar, people!

Quote-Open bar for 4 hours (3-7pm) which includes all beers on tap (25 beers on tap to be exact), 12 oz bottles, all well drinks, and first tier liquors. No cognacs and high end tequilas will be served.
-Buffet will be open for four hours and will include Penne a La Vodka, Buffalo Wings, Quesadillas, Mozzarella Sticks, Chicken Fingers, Jalapeno Poppers, and salad.
-Rockband and Guitar Hero will be available for your rockin pleasure on a big screen during the duration of the party.

Dirty Jerzee's got the details, and may I add...the beer list is divine   :)

Penny Lane

QuoteThe Blarney about a block away closed  :(  but maybe it's not the same one that you are thinking of...

I also in the neighborhood, but not too divey is The Ginger Man.  If you're looking for good beer, this might be a good option.  It's at 11 East 36th St.

There should be a good divey option for those looking for PBR  ;) ...I'll check and post it here when I find it.  :)

hey NoVa! i just called and talked to the MGR at this Ginger Man and she's going to call me back next week. i looked up some reviews (one specifically said they had The Last Waltz on the jukebox) and it seemed like it was big enough and it has a back room we can reserve. I'm trying to get them to do a 4-7 or 5-8 drink special. I told them even if they were doing a NYE thing already, we'd all pretty much be leaving for MSG by 7:30/8. I'll keep you posted because this looks huge and they have over 60 beers on tap.

kydiddle

QuoteThe Blarney about a block away closed  :(  but maybe it's not the same one that you are thinking of...

hey NoVa! i just called and talked to the MGR at this Ginger Man and she's going to call me back next week. i looked up some reviews (one specifically said they had The Last Waltz on the jukebox) and it seemed like it was big enough and it has a back room we can reserve. I'm trying to get them to do a 4-7 or 5-8 drink special. I told them even if they were doing a NYE thing already, we'd all pretty much be leaving for MSG by 7:30/8. I'll keep you posted because this looks huge and they have over 60 beers on tap.

penny you're awesome for looking into a meet up place!! give the address and I'll be there...

the 60 beers on tap is enticing.

[smiley=happy.gif]
Cow temperature.

Sassbox

Me, Red Velvet & Co. will be at the $50 (!!!) four-hour open bar organized by the Phenomenal Dirty Jerzee of Bonnaroo Board (and other) fame.  I figure if we leave by 6 pm, there'll be no problem getting back in to the city in plenty of time.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

ALady

I think I might stay at the Sunswick until the last dog is hung...no point in getting to the venue early.  None of us are going to be on the rail unless we eschew pre-partying completely, and where's the fun in that?

Sassbox

Oh yeah, I'm just planning on the trains being crowded with peeps headed in to Times Square, so erring on the side of caution.

What do you think the chances are that I can sneak in to GA from my floor seats at some point in the evening?
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.