Main Menu

I miss....

Started by trukus, Oct 29, 2010, 01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kydiddle

Quoteduring my drive to work this morning i remembered this:

toward the end of night one, crispy yelling, "Lil Billy!  Give it to me!" right before the band played it.  awesome!

and this:  over the weekend i put on the jacket i took to nyc, but hadn't worn since.  in the pocket:  a handful of dark hershey's kisses!  (ky, did you bring those?)  chris and i were trading chocolates and lozenges all week.  ;D

Yes, I did! Awww.

This isn't exactly an "I miss", but I had THE FUNNIEST dream last night. It didn't last very long, but here goes: We were at T5 for one of the shows and after the lights went up, Jim came out and started handing out setlists to people. He wasn't looking in my direction, so I had a banana in my hand and I held it up to my ear like a phone and started screaming: "JIM! JIM I'm calling you! Jim! Answer your phone!!! I want that setlist...ANSWER YOUR PHONE!" I never got it. Probably Penny Lane did...

I woke up with the biggest smile.  ;D
Cow temperature.

kydiddle

QuoteOL'

BILL

MURRAY

Whoop.
Cow temperature.

bluesky

I think your dream is better than the actual set list Ky!

toward the end of night one, crispy yelling, "Lil Billy!  Give it to me!" right before the band played it.  awesome!

and this:  over the weekend i put on the jacket i took to nyc, but hadn't worn since.  in the pocket:  a handful of dark hershey's kisses!  (ky, did you bring those?)  chris and i were trading chocolates and lozenges all week.  ;D

Yes, I did! Awww.

This isn't exactly an "I miss", but I had THE FUNNIEST dream last night. It didn't last very long, but here goes: We were at T5 for one of the shows and after the lights went up, Jim came out and started handing out setlists to people. He wasn't looking in my direction, so I had a banana in my hand and I held it up to my ear like a phone and started screaming: "JIM! JIM I'm calling you! Jim! Answer your phone!!! I want that setlist...ANSWER YOUR PHONE!" I never got it. Probably Penny Lane did...

danz

QuoteThis isn't exactly an "I miss", but I had THE FUNNIEST dream last night. It didn't last very long, but here goes: We were at T5 for one of the shows and after the lights went up, Jim came out and started handing out setlists to people. He wasn't looking in my direction, so I had a banana in my hand and I held it up to my ear like a phone and started screaming: "JIM! JIM I'm calling you! Jim! Answer your phone!!! I want that setlist...ANSWER YOUR PHONE!" I never got it. Probably Penny Lane did...

that is fuckin' hilarious!

Ruckus

QuoteI miss looking around the crowd between tunes and making "holy SHIT can you believe this!?!?!" eye contact with random forum members and somehow always finding Ruckus' ridiculous hat...seeing that frog rockin' is for some reason a really vivid memory of the whole week ;D
Hahah good call! I've been meaning to throw on here that I verrrrrry randomly was window shopping in Woodstock, the Sunday right after the T5 run, and the Ruckus frog hat was right in a decked-out window display!! It made me smile & I chuckled to myself already nostalgic about the week  :)
Hey alright...I'm glad Kermit brought good energy ;D  I bought that thing at the Fells Point street festival down my way from some vendor and I was thinking this is pretty cool.  Then I saw the same thing at a vendor in the Village on the way to McSorley's on Wednesday night and it took away some of its luster. :'(  Now Woodstock? ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

yes you have a great hat and scarf collection!

Ky-great dream!! but of course, i got the setlist even in YOUR dreams..i mean..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

the_wizzard

I love this!!!

tdb810

I love this!!!

I seem to be having Jim James/Jacket dreams at least 1-2 times per week lately....is that weird?  even if it is, i LOVE it :D
.....Back at the Model Home

ms. yvon

QuoteI had a banana in my hand and I held it up to my ear like a phone[/highlight] and started screaming: "JIM! JIM I'm calling you! Jim! Answer your phone!!! I want that setlist...ANSWER YOUR PHONE!"  
;D ;D ;D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

BH

Yes, I did! Awww.

Oh shit, did you find some old pretzels in your bag from the trip?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Soulshine

I love this!!!

I seem to be having Jim James/Jacket dreams at least 1-2 times per week lately....is that weird?  even if it is, i LOVE it :D

Ohhhh Ky  ;D

No Trish, I dont think its veird. I had one the other night and it involved Yim's pickle and I aint talking about Penny's fantasy team either!  :-X  :D
Because we're all in this together...

ALady

QuoteThe lozenge trick is brilliant, and I was wishing I had remembered it last week at the two-opener Dr. Dog show.

What is the lozenge trick??  There's a trick?  I'm curious!

I remember bluesky with her chocolates for energy each night   :)

OMG.   ;D ;D ;D

And baaaaaaaaaahahahhaha  ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ms. yvon

QuoteThe lozenge trick is brilliant, and I was wishing I had remembered it last week at the two-opener Dr. Dog show.

What is the lozenge trick??  There's a trick?  I'm curious!

i bring a handful of them when i see a show.  if i get really thirsty i just pop a lozenge.  this also helps with not having to drink too much, take bathroom breaks, etc.  that is the trick, i guess.  ;)  
some venues have rules against bringing candy or gum into a show, but i haven't had problems with the lozenges.

berminal:  i steered clear of the pretzels.  although darkglow testified to their garlicky goodness, i had to decline.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ALady

Wow, I'm taking notes...ms. y, you are my concert guru!   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

kydiddle

QuoteWow, I'm taking notes...ms. y, you are my concert guru!   :)

Seriously.
Cow temperature.

tdb810

I love this!!!

Ohhhh Ky  ;D

No Trish, I dont think its veird. I had one the other night and it involved Yim's pickle and I aint talking about Penny's fantasy team either!  :-X  :D

oh my.....was it a dill pickle, or mor like a gerkins pickle??? :)
.....Back at the Model Home

kydiddle

Yes, I did! Awww.

I think I had, like, two of those pretzels and darkglow and Ruckus can attest to my "old lady shuffling around" syndrome in the middle of the night.

And Soulshine....Jim...pickle...whaaaa??  :P
Cow temperature.

ChiefOKONO

damn these pretzels are making me Thirsty!!!!

I miss:

eating SUPERHOT chips at 3 am while giving some folks a tour of the 10th ave 10 apt.

waking up every morning to be boarded in by BH and having to step over him to get some water

"playing" spades at 4 am

communal drunk history viewing! it's just not the same now!

skype with tyler's buddies

ralph

Every single thing mentioned in this thread. I want it all to happen again...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

ms. yvon

thought this might be the best place to post an update: 

saw the doctor this morning and he took me off my crutches!!!
it's been 2 1/2 months since that fateful step on ISM night.  thank you to everyone who helped me get around (hobbling, taxis, crutch purchasing!), to dan for asking the bartender at the brickyard for ice for my foot, capt. scotty for the comforting medical review, to paul and given to fly for gallantly giving me great spots at the last 2 shows, crispy enlisting the stalwart jdbartender to leave the pit to buy me a bottle of water.

special shout to the 10th ave Ten for bringing me coffee and water and toothpaste when i couldn't get around the apt. so well.

must start my training regimen to gear up for festival season!

CRUTCH FREE IN 2011!!