Fans in Houston

Started by wesvol, Sep 23, 2007, 10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesvol

Anyone in Houston who is a fan? I seem to be the only person here who has a seriously wierd need for this band.  Have not felt it was necessary to listen to every single song ever played by a band since I first heard Led Zep when I was 10!  I cannot get enough.  

nightafternight

I'm a fellow MMJ nerd from Houston. Admittedly I haven't listened to the band much since summer began, but my love for the music hasn't lessened any. Heard great things about their ACL set, not that I'm surprised. I attended the festival from '02 to '05, and came close to going last weekend, but there were too many small club shows around here that I'd rather spend my dough on.  

I am still a little bitter about them not making up the November '05 cancellation.  While I was more than ecstatic they got to tape a show for ACL, they promised to come back to Houston and never delivered. That never sits well. Atleast they came back through TX last fall, and I got to see them in Dallas and Austin, both of which were amazing shows with great sets. There are many fans from places around the world that don't get the same opportunities to see the band, so I try to keep that in perspective.

Can't wait for the new album!

orbison

also a houstonian. i was a little annoyed about that canceled gig, and then on the next tour dallas got TWO shows and h-town got no love.

did anyone else catch them opening up for ben kweller at the engine room in the summer of 2002?

i remember being kinda annoyed. these teenage girls where heckling mmj. and yelling shit like "we want ben. i want to make out with ben!" during some really great quiet songs.

and years later, MMJ is a force. and Ben Kweller, not so much.

jbanda

I'm also a huge fan in Houston.  I was on the fence about going to ACL, until the line up got announced.  Honestly, if MMJ had a houston show that weekend also I may have just gone to it instead of ACL.  Probably would have been a longer set if it was just them.  Had a great time at ACL anyway.