White Stripes

Started by johnconaway, Nov 25, 2003, 04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Check this out!

One of my best friends Richard calls me up late last week.  He's got a pair of tix to the White Stripes show tonite in Cinncinati, and would I be interested?  I'm like, do wild bears shit in the woods?  Is the Pope Catholic?

Soooooooo, I can have the ticket for FREE as long as I drive.  Now, which part of this is not a good thing?

The show is a rescheduled, sold out event.  Yesterday, he calls me up and yells into the phone, "are you ready to RAWWWWWWWWWWK!!!??"

I think this is like show #25 for me this year...what a fucking great year for live music.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

anomalyhay

WOW!!! Luck is definitely on your side ;D
Altho' feeling a teensy bit jealous  :( But i can get over that as long as you have a great time!! ;D
Have fun, enjoy!!
C Ya H. :-*
Loneliness breeds in large groups of people.
If your happy and you know it your unusual.

8)  Hey thanks Hayley!  I certainly will!  ;)

Okay, here's the skinny.

Just sent ya an email, so you got the details first Hayley!

the show was awesome!  white stripes got IT, the real deal.  that jack white sure is one hell of a guitar player.  it works, if only as a reminder of rock's roots.  the bluesy-Zep thing in all it's glory, slide enough to make you wanna say hooray for blues.  having a two piece is not a restriction for these folks.  

hype?  you betcha.  r/s sure worships them (5 stars? c'mon) but they deliver live, that's all I'm sayin'.  :)

my_evening_jacket

I am sometimes slow to getting around to checking things out.  Still haven't listened to the new record.  But I agree with John - most bands can't rock that hard with 4 or 5 people.  Jack and Meg are truly amazing.
shake some action