first post!

Started by whothrewthecake, Nov 18, 2004, 12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmoothOprtr

Quotechills, i absolutely love steam engine. i listen to it coming home from somewhere late at night in my car on repeat. haha long sentence.

mmj_fanatic, i pee my pants a little when someone loves the last waltz! i get really emotional about watching it, i pretty much cry everytime. that music is my life (besides mmj) and seeing it all together is just too much.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

SmoothOprtr

Sorry about they above.... :P

I love Steam Engine as well.... I know I saw this thread a few monthes back, but does anybody know what the back vocals are saying at the end of the song?
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

The Boar

Wow, Steam Engine, yes (as you can tell from my moniker and my tag). And wow, The Last Waltz, yes. Both of them absolutely floor me, and I am without exception always glued to the stereo/TV when they are on.

whothrewthecake, wow you have had quite an impressive opening! Are you single?  :o  Just kidding  ;D  Or am I?..... :-*

whothrewthecake

i must say that it is very exciting to have so many replies. it just proves that everyone is indeed very nice. and to mr. boar, well yes i am.

CC

Quotei must say that it is very exciting to have so many replies. it just proves that everyone is indeed very nice. and to mr. boar, well yes i am.

I remember when I first posted here and nobody replied for days! oh well, welcome whothrewthecake! we ALL pee our pants when we listen to the last waltz. anybody who says otherwise is lying! ;)

whothrewthecake

hahahahaha i am really glad that other people also experience bladder control loss.

EC

I experienced bladder control loss, as well, but in my eyes.  I still can't believe it took me until 29 to see that film.  

It made me fall in love with Richard Manuel.  :)

whothrewthecake

oh man! isn't he the greatest!?  :D  i just love levon, though. he's always been my favorite member.

EC

Oh, Levon is great, don't get me wrong.  I love all of them, even RR with all of his "I'm a good-looking guy" eyebrow moves.  

Just something about that Richard that makes me love him the most.  Maybe it's the hair.  heh.  :)

whothrewthecake

robbie does pull some of his best faces out. i love richard when he is lounged out on the couch talking about the band's name. classic.

Billy_Pilgrim

Man, this place gets better and better. The Last Waltz is just beautiful, from start to finish. I was already well into The Band and Dylan when I saw it for the first time, but that film got me into Neil Young, Emmylou Harris and Muddy Waters among others. A whole new world of music was opened up to me.
Why's it sooo soft when the cannons unload on the others?
Why're we so loud when we say it wont happen to us?

EC

Emmylou is one of my favourite bits aside from the big rock in Neil's nose.  She seems a little bit afraid, and they make her stand all by herself.  Her dress is great.  I think we girls should start to wear dresses like that again.  

peanut butter puddin surprise

So, a posting with a pic of that dress is out of the question?  I'd like to see this dress...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

whothrewthecake

EC, i am all about bringing the dress back. the question is though, can the boys wear pants like robbie and rick have on?  ;)

i am looking for a picture everywhere and i can't find one! you can go to imdb.com and search the last waltz and watch the movie trailer because i believe they show a shot of her singing in that. haha it may stay enveloped in mystery!!

whothrewthecake

ok, i couldn't find a picture! but i found a video clip of her part in the movie so now you can see her dress in all its wonderful glory.

http://theband.hiof.no/video_clips/index.html

scroll down to The Band 1968-1976 and her clip is there under "Emmylou Harris and The Band doing 'Evangeline'"

let me know what you think!

EC

Crap, though.  It doesn't show the whole thing.  It cuts off in that big pan before you get to her.  

I have a girl crush on Emmylou Harris.

whothrewthecake

OH NO! i just watched it. man that sucks. couldn't they have let it run like 3 more seconds?  :'(

in other news, come closer is an amazing song.

PrazAngel

I hear ya! I can't ever stop listening to Emmylou once I start!
Oh and Welcome whothrewthecake! :) :)

p.s. Has anyone heard the Drive-by Truckers Danko/Mauel song? It is REALLY sweet!