first post!

Started by whothrewthecake, Nov 18, 2004, 12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whothrewthecake

well i have been lurking but finally decided to join and here i am. i got into the boys this summer and was fortunate enough to see them at austin city limits festival front and center. i staked out a spot an hour before hand so i was right against the barricade and i was in a trance the whole time. everyone seems really nice so i just wanted to say hello!!!!!!!!

SMc55

Well hello to you and welcome to the gang  :)

Oz

Hi there! Yeah, we're nice!  ;D
I'm ready when you are

lfish

Welcome to the club of addicted mmjfans.
Feel the love & spread the word.  :)
lfish

lfish

Oh before I forget...

Once you step in, you can never step out.  ;D
lfish

peanut butter puddin surprise

Welcome aboard!  :D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

SMc55

Once you step in, you can never step out.  ;D

I'm sure he doesn't mean to make it sound like the Hotel California  ;)

"relax", said the nightman..."you are programmed to receive"...

whothrewthecake

haha thanks everyone. i'm ready for the challenge!

The Boar

Hey whothrewthecake, love the name, welcome to the forum, and feel free to step up to the rostrum anytime!

"We're all just prisoners here of our own device."

Hope the same happens to you  ;)

whothrewthecake

i love how a string of hotel california lyrics has begun....

by the way, how many female mmj fans lurk here? i noticed doctorinthehouse. just wondering, since i first learned about the band through a male friend, and i try to get my girlfriends to listen to it and they don't have quite the same reactions. one of my friends thinks their music is too depressing! thoughts on that?

Quoteone of my friends thinks their music is too depressing! thoughts on that?

WHAAAAAAAAA???  

whothrewthecake

dude my thoughts exactly. i only hear the beauty and magic.

MMJ_fanatic

hey welcome aboard Mr cake thrower!  
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

wordawg

Another hello from England.

"Turn up the Eagles, the neighbours are listening"
the future is Ginger

SMc55

Quoteby the way, how many female mmj fans lurk here?

Hey I hadn't realised how few of us there were until you said that. Few but fabulous, that's us. There's EC, Elizanne, Lyricjunkie who hasn't been around for a while but will be back, Prazangel and a few more.

And now there's you  :D

Billy_Pilgrim

From one Newbie to another, welcome aboard!

I cant believe one of your firends thinks MMJ are depressing. It's all so wonderfully uplifting.

I think only those in London might get what I am saying here but I think it speaks volumns about MMJ's music: I was travelling home on a number 6 bus the other week going along Oxford Street during rush hour. It was hell. The bus didn't move for ages, there were people arguing with each other about seats and the whole thing was generally terrible. Then Mahgeetah began to play on my walkman. That was follwed by Dancefloors, Golden and Masterplan. Suddenly everything was fine, and I was happy for people to push, shove and shout at each other as we crawled along Oxford Street. I didn't care. Then this grin spread across my face which even surprised me. I got some very odd looks on that bus...  
Why's it sooo soft when the cannons unload on the others?
Why're we so loud when we say it wont happen to us?

SMc55

I know that feeling EXACTLY. This music's just the job after a crappy day. The Way That He Sings does it best for me, but the ones you heard that night would be magic too.

whothrewthecake

yea for the girls! and yea for feeling the music. i don't know about you guys, but since i discovered this wonderful band, i have to have a daily fix. the other day, i had the band playing in my car instead of mmj, and my passengers were surprised at the change! it's just all so amazing. it makes me feel like no other music can.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........