Why Marcy is a good Friend

Started by johnconaway, Feb 02, 2005, 07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Along the lines of EC's story...

Last month, my friend Marcy got a job transfer to Indianapolis from Louisville.  She had to leave quickly as her job up there started on the 20th.

Now, she owns this fab house down in the southern section of Louisville, close to Iroquois Park.  She didn't want to hurry up and sell, and knew we needed more room...sooooooooooo.....

She asked us to rent the house for a few months ("to see if we like it") and then buy it.  Holy guardian angel, Batman!  It's just about the perfect house for us, not out of our price range, not too big or small, just right.  So we start moving on this weekend!  Whoo hoo!!  :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

QuoteAlong the lines of EC's story...

Last month, my friend Marcy got a job transfer to Indianapolis from Louisville.  She had to leave quickly as her job up there started on the 20th.

Now, she owns this fab house down in the southern section of Louisville, close to Iroquois Park.  She didn't want to hurry up and sell, and knew we needed more room...sooooooooooo.....

She asked us to rent the house for a few months ("to see if we like it") and then buy it.  Holy guardian angel, Batman!  It's just about the perfect house for us, not out of our price range, not too big or small, just right.  So we start moving on this weekend!  Whoo hoo!!  :)

Yep.  Crying.

Do you ever feel like you're so goddamn lucky to know some of the people that you know?  And even though lots of stupid, idiotic shit goes down, it's all okay because some people are worth it, and they just make everything all right?

That's awesome, John.  I'm really happy for you guys.  New baby, new house.  Woah...  Are you gonna make your son lift all the heavy stuff when you move?

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteThat's awesome, John.  I'm really happy for you guys.  New baby, new house.  Woah...  Are you gonna make your son lift all the heavy stuff when you move?

He doesn't know it yet, but yes!  

Thanks a million.  I agree, I feel lucky to know people like Marcy who are willing to do stuff like this.  Golly, it's downright awesome!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

He doesn't know it yet, but yes!  

Thanks a million.  I agree, I feel lucky to know people like Marcy who are willing to do stuff like this.  Golly, it's downright awesome!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!  :D

CC

yay! big houseparty at john's!!! ;)

happy movin!

antoniostrohs

Congrats John on the big move.Good things come to good people.

corey

Yeah, it's nice to have such cool friends.
My wife and I got married almost 2 years ago, but we didn't tell anyone because we wanted to save money to put together a wedding the way that we wanted it. We finally started telling people that we were married in late Fall of 2004. We were planning on having a big BBQ or party or something just so we can have a "celebration". Well, some friends of ours decided that they are going to throw a wedding for us in their backyard and they are paying for almost all of it.
How cool is that? Friends rule.

MMJ_fanatic

nice work JC--enjoy man you've earned it!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Be Prepared:

Dateline-Louisville, mid-July 2005,
Heading:  My Morning Jacket performs record-release party at Loyal Fan's John Conaway's House....and only charges 5 bucks to drink from the keg and ice luge.