Happy Valentine's Day

Started by whothrewthecake, Feb 14, 2005, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whothrewthecake

everyone here is so nice and friendly and funny that i wanted to extend my love. have a wonderful day and night. i listened to "sweetheart" today in honor of the occasion. oh wait i listen to it every day.

:-*

MMJ_fanatic

I ate from a box of chocolates--still don't know what I got
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

BIGVICLBI

mmj fanatic-"whatever you got" just use a little rubbing alcohol on it. That's my gramps advice to me when I went off to college back in the day!

tomEisenbraun

hehe, today was a verrrrry good valentine's day.

;D

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

MMJ_fanatic

P.S. that was my attempt at Forest Gump humor :-/
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

Okay.  I don't want to wreck Valentine's Day for everybody, but, well, first of all as I write this, it's over, and second of all, you don't need a stupid date that's based in Catholicism to remind you to pay special attention to the ones you love.

Here's the thing.  Tonight we had a "very special" (read: retarded) show at the club I work at.  Some latin jazz singer and her band.  They were good and fine and exactly what is called for on such a night.

So, I spend my time looking around at the many couples.  And, not in one could I find the "look".  You know what I'm talking about?  That special "look" that people who are ridiculously in love with each other have when they look at the person they love.  Okay.  One couple came close.  My grandparents had the "look" 50 years after they first got married.  The look makes me really happy, and nobody had it.  Instead, girls were ordering salad for dinner and "fruit plates" for dessert, and holding their hands or their napkins over their mouths while they ate.  Boys were shifty-eyed, and trying to seem cool and sexually competent.  

Oh, cynic-girl, be quiet.

Except I don't think I'm being cynical, I was just disappointed.

Boys and girls, we must love each other every day of every month, and give each other the "look" as often as we can.

:)

Oz

My Valentine's Day was sitting at home, listening to John Cale's 'Music for a new society' and more or less hoping that my ex would call, wich she obviously didn't. So I say, hurray for cynicism!  :)
I'm ready when you are

antoniostrohs

Spent Valentines day with my lovely and wonderful wife of 23yrs.Went to Headliners Music Hall here in Louisville to a Valentine dance with the band The Mosquitos(very fun bossa nova indie pop band from NYC).We had a fun time and it was enhanced when we got to say Hi to Mr Jim James, Mr.Carl Broemel and Mr.Bo Koster.They're always such classy guys and always take time to shake hands with their fans.

sweatboard

My wife made us the most incredible pasta dish I've ever had and I made some green apple martinis.  We watched a movie called "The Dreamers" which we both really liked.  Since it was Valentines day I actually put the fireplace into use and made a fire.  It was very lovely.  
There's Still Time.........

EC

That's pretty fun antoniostrohs!  

A Valentine's Dance?  That sounds nice.  Were people actually dancing?

sweatboard - I made quite a few sour apple martinis last night.  And fireplaces are rock.

antoniostrohs

Most definitely.The dance floor in front of the stage was crowded.But didn't see Jim and the boys dancing,as them came single.

EC

I woulda danced with them.  :)

Hey, what is happening with Jim's hair?

antoniostrohs

It's about shoulder length.He's still a handsome lad.

EC

QuoteIt's about shoulder length.He's still a handsome lad.
Thank you sir!  :)