Burger King and Hootie

Started by antoniostrohs, Mar 17, 2005, 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antoniostrohs

Just wondering what John thinks of Hootie with the Burger King in the new commercial.

sweatboard

I don't know but I for one LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!  Whoever came up with that commercial was on acid.  
top 5 hootie songs.

1. Let Her Cry
2. Tender Crisp Bacon Chedder Ranch
3. Let Her Cry
4. That other one
5. Let her cry.
There's Still Time.........

whothrewthecake

i see this commercial in my dreams.

COME AND GET IT!

fitzcarraldo

WTF! LOL & Sweatboard: your post is too funny!
Happy St. Patrick's Day good people! sean

peanut butter puddin surprise

Never really was a big ol Hootie fan, but this is hilarious.  The hot babe on the swing with the King "swinging" her is hysterical as well.

Extra bonus points for having the King at all!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

marktwain

Has anyone else noticed that one of the lines in the commercial is "the breasts grow on trees"?!

And I'm not sure about the scantily-clad ladies slurping up the "ranch dressing"

MMJ_fanatic

It was only a matter of time before Mr. Rucker resurfaced...what a goof
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

MMJ_fanatic

anyone else notice it's "Big Rock Candy Mountain" he sings to?

sweatboard

QuoteHas anyone else noticed that one of the lines in the commercial is "the breasts grow on trees"?!

And I'm not sure about the scantily-clad ladies slurping up the "ranch dressing"

It took me a while but I finally got the "Ranch Dressing" refrence.  The ladies say I make a pretty tasty Ranch myself.
There's Still Time.........

SmoothOprtr

When Hootie played Sinatra's 80th birthday party I almost puked... until Tony Danza came out at which point I did puke... WHOA ANGELA!
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Drunkre

Does anybody remember what David Letterman said about Hootie and the Blowfish when they released their first album?  The one with "Hold My Hand" on it?  He said, "If you don't go and buy this album.  There's something wrong with you."
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

EC

QuoteDoes anybody remember what David Letterman said about Hootie and the Blowfish when they released their first album? ÊThe one with "Hold My Hand" on it? ÊHe said, "If you don't go and buy this album. ÊThere's something wrong with you."
HA HA HA HA HA!  I don't know Hootie at all, and I definitely haven't seen that commercial.  And even though it sounds like it might make me mad, after all this talk, I kind of want to see it.  If anyone find it online, can you post?  Do they put commercials online?  

dthomas

http://glyphs.gardenweb.com/forums/load/music/msg0301002822502.html

try hitting the link on this page to see the commercial, it worked for me

EC

Thanks for the link.

Wow.  Kind of ... ah ... yeah.

CC

:o wow. uh. yeah. uhmmm. wow.

Godfather

its the single most original commercial i have seen and yes it was spawned from mushrooms. Darius Rucker might be the whitest black guy next to Wayne Brady.
Without MMJ my state of Kentucky would only have horses, whiskey, tobacco, and weed, so thank you..

primushead

Nah, i won't vouch for the originality.  They covered the song from the "O Brother, where art thou?" soundtrack.  I'm gonna give the whole commercial a big thumbs down.  And yes, Darius probably is the whitest black guy:)  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

peanut butter puddin surprise

uh...yeah.  I thought I was tripping the first time I saw this.

and letterman is whack-I never bought this record so there must be something wrong with me.  I'm sure he said the same thing about Hilary Duff or Ashlee Simpstone...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

marktwain

I saw this again yesterday (during basketball, I think)  

For the first time, I noticed the french fry erections :o :P

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteNah, i won't vouch for the originality.  They covered the song from the "O Brother, where art thou?" soundtrack.  

Yeah its a traditional folk song called "Big Rock Candy Mountain"