If you could have any guitar...

Started by EC, May 05, 2005, 02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironchefbenjata

I would want Syd Barrett's telecaster with all the mirrors glued on it.

Or whatever guitar Sterling Morrison used for the 'White Light White Heat' sessions

When I first saw Mr. James with a big ol' flying v I immediately thought of my man Bob Mould and his (duct-taped together) flying v from his days in Husker Du.

peanut butter puddin surprise

thanks for the Jimmy pics!

in '88, I saw Jimmy on the "Outrider" tour (two weeks after seeing Robert Plant on the "Now and Zen" tour, what a Zep summer!) and he whipped out the double neck for a few numbers.

Good thing I was on acid for that show.   ;D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

peanut butter puddin surprise

thanks for the Jimmy pics!

in '88, I saw Jimmy on the "Outrider" tour (two weeks after seeing Robert Plant on the "Now and Zen" tour, what a Zep summer!) and he whipped out the double neck for a few numbers.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Billy_Pilgrim

That guitar that Emmylou is holding is lovely. It looks like it would be a hell of an experience to play it, do you know what I mean? You know sometimes you see a guitar and think "ohhh yeah, just half an hour alone with it would make my day."

My own personal choice would be either a dobro or a Byrds-esque 12-string Rickenbaker. Of course, not having the first clue how to play one would hold me back slightly...
Why's it sooo soft when the cannons unload on the others?
Why're we so loud when we say it wont happen to us?

otter

Someday I'd like to buy a early 60's hollow body. Gibson, Bigsby, or Rickenbacker. It's just that they're about $10,000 or more.

Jellyfish

I would like to have Neil's "Old Black" or that tan Gretsh that he plays every now and then.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need