If you could have any guitar...

Started by EC, May 05, 2005, 02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

New, old, somebody else's...

I would choose the Gibson jumbo body, black, circa early 50s that has been sitting in my favourite guitar shop for EVER.  I know I'm going to go in there one day and it will be gone.  (It's crazy expensive, as it should be.)

Or, I would have Emmylou's guitar - the one that's on the cover of Blue Kentucky Girl.  

Chills

Can you exlain how to post pictures here?

CC

[img]insert link here and remove X[/imgX]

or upload pictures at http://www.imageshack.us
and you get an instant hotlink for forums

make em at max. 600 px width if you can

or else I will ;)

Chills

Ok thanks, hope this works out and isn't too small or too big...

Chills

Yeah this worked just fine! Thanks CC

primushead

I would love to track down a fender squire strat.  Those things are sweet!  and what a value!

EC

tomEisenbraun

woah Chills...what is that?

I would probably have to go with a '59 Gibson Les Paul. What a perfect year for those puppies.

Either that or a custom built Taylor. It would be short-scale, and have just a varnish finish. No gloss so that it rings out right and gets all the harmonics possible. I'd hae mahogany back and sides and neck, and a nice sitka spruce top. Basically just a hell of a lot better version of the Taylor I have now.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

sweatboard

Jim's Gibson Flying V.  There is alot of magic in that guitar.  Plus it looks kick ass as hell.
There's Still Time.........

EC

Yeah, but then he wouldn't have it and where would we be? ;)

Quotewoah Chills...what is that?
I belive, Eisey, that it is the one and only old black - Mr. Neil's geeetar.  Soooo special.

Drunkre

Black and white Rickenbacker, like Peter Buck used to play.  Maybe still does.  Or a Grolsch (sp? not a guitar afficiando), like Social Distortion.
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

peanut butter puddin surprise

I've always been pretty fond of this awesome axe...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

DD

origional gibson barney kessel

or

'69 strat in fiesta red

or

jimi hendrix's painted flying v

or

johnny thunders tv yellow les paul jr
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

biscuitbobo

grolsch as in the beer?  maybe gretsch, or guild?   I bought a fender jazzmaster last year, which was a guitar I've always wanted.    Right now I'd have to go with a non-reverse gibson firebird, or maybe a telecaster with a bigsby (ala' Tweedy)
[url="//www.myspace.com/thehellsayers"]www.myspace.com/thehellsayers[/url]

Chills

The first three are for you John!

And yes that was indeed Old Black. It has lived through some rough times but it has tons of soul.

EC

Ohhhh Emmylou with your rosed guitar.  It's so pretty.  (Is that from the Gibson site - is that her special signature one?)  Yeah.  I want one.

Chills

Yeah think it's from the gibson site, i'll check it out!
Mind you, I don't know anytihing about guitars, but this one looked really beautiful.

Chills

Yep it's from the gibson site. Their custom acoustic guitars are great too!

Chills