Time Machine

Started by EC, May 17, 2005, 05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chills

The Who totally rule!
Love that epic version of My Generation on Live at Leeds, it pisses off the neighbors though...

Gripe

Band of Gypsys (Hendrix's spelling, not mine.)
Fillmore East
New Year's Eve 1969

fitzcarraldo

QuoteBand of Gypsys (Hendrix's spelling, not mine.)
Fillmore East
New Year's Eve 1969

Yeah, good choice I'd also say the Allman Bros, whenever they played Mountain Jam that appeared on Eat A Peach, and Live at the Fillmore East Deluxe Edition. Then off to Vienna to catch some Mozart!

Party on dudes. Have Fun at Bonnaroo!!!

marktwain

Then off to Vienna to catch some Mozart!

Party on dudes.
:DHA!!  Was that an intentional allusion to Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure?   Brilliant!

Enrump

I'd wanna see any of the few shows that Nick Drake did. And relaxer of choice to go with that please...

whothrewthecake

the last waltz.
a beatles show.
beethoven.

Oz

'70's, CBGB's, Patti Smith Group and Television.
'80's John Cale
Dylan, Cohen, Waits; anytime, anywhere...

And I'd give a finger just to go to one of the nights on wich the Dutch poet/actor Ramsey Nasr performed his monologue 'Geen lied'...
I'm ready when you are

SmoothOprtr

I would really like to have seen Pink Floyd on The Wall tour.. .. I think any of the "in their prime" shows by Guns N' Roses or The Doors would be pretty kick ass too...
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

aMillionDreams

I'd love to see Neil Young in one of those unannounced acoustic shows that became legendary in the sevenities.  I was lucky enough to have been at the Planetarium show but I would not pass up the chance to relive that experience (best show I've ever seen, period).  I would also like to have been in the audience at the Newport Folk Festival in 1965 when Dylan plugged in with a full band and got booed by a bunch of uptight folkies (actually, any Dylan concert from 1965 back would be amazing).
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

fitzcarraldo

Tundra, that's right bro  ;)! Aint it a classic.

Bermuda Highway Patrol

Wow, this is a tough one.  I'll say any Pink Floyd show between 76 or 77 (whenever Wish You Were Here came out) and 81.  But a very close 2nd would be any zeppelin show, but only because I've already seen Page/Plant several times.  Hell, put Zeppelin 1st.  John Bonham is my HERO.

jonjon

You're scaring me Bermuda, we're in the same neck of the woods and we both would catch a Pink Floyd show. I also would have enjoyed Parliament/Funkadelic back in the 70s when Big Boss George Clinton walked out of the mothership that descended from the ceiling. Only problem, he was butt nekkid. That is some serious LSD when you don't bother with clothes.

Just for the kicks and giggles, I did manage to see Count Basie play at a local high school before he died back in the early 80s. Were some of yall born then?

Geez I'm old.....AND LOVIN IT!!!!!!!

OK, where's my beer?
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

EC

QuoteI also would have enjoyed Parliament/Funkadelic back in the 70s when Big Boss George Clinton walked out of the mothership that descended from the ceiling.
I totally concur.  Oh fucking hell that would have been awesome.

QuoteOnly problem, he was butt nekkid.
I see no problem here.  

peanut butter puddin surprise

hey, he is color blind, so nekkid to him is totally different than for us.  if you're so inclined... :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

jonjon

Quotehey, he is color blind

Really? I never knew that. Maybe that explains the multi colored braids in his hair. I'm sure he has the trails permanently burned in.

(lucky bastard)
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

JacketGal

Ok, it's tough but I think I would see this one. I do believe this would have been on helluva a show!!

Royal Albert Hall
London, England
26 May 1966

1.She Belongs To Me
2.Fourth Time Around
3.Visions Of Johanna
4.It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
5.Desolation Row
6.Just Like A Woman
7.Mr. Tambourine Man

8.Tell Me, Momma
9.I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)
10.Baby Let Me Follow You Down (Eric von Schmidt)
11.Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
12.Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
13.One Too Many Mornings
14.Ballad Of A Thin Man
15.Like A Rolling Stone

1-7  Bob Dylan (vocal, harmonica & guitar).
8-15  Bob Dylan (vocal & electric guitar), Robbie Robertson (electric guitar), Garth Hudson (organ), Rick Danko (bass), Richard Manuel (piano), Mickey Jones (drums).
9  Bob Dylan harmonica.
14  Bob Dylan piano.
Note. Tracks 4–11 are not in circulation.

BobTalk~
I've never done this before but I want you to meet Robbie Robertson here and, and Garth Hudson, Mickey Jones, Rick Danko, and, ... and Richard! (to someone in the band) You promised me you were gonna read. It doesn't mean a thing now, but they're all poets, you understand, if it comes out that way, it comes out that way, but, all poets you know.This song here is dedicated to The Taj Mahal. Now, we're gonna leave after this song and I wanna say goodbye to all of you people, you've been very wo.. very people, you know, I ..., you've been very nice people. I mean, here you are sitting in this great, huge place. And believe me, we've enjoyed every minute of being here! (before Like A Rolling Stone)

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

aMillionDreams

That's the same concert wear someone in the audience called him Judas and it was the last concert he played for 3 years, because him and the band went into seclusion to escape from the peace movement.  Good choice!  May I recommend "Eat the Document".  It was a documentary filmed by DA Pennebaker (of Don't Look Back) and edited by Dylan himself.  It follows Bob and the band through the 66 tour getting booed off stage and playing backstage with greats like Johnny Cash.  I just got it off of Ebay and it was great!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]