where were you in '92

Started by johnconaway, Jul 26, 2005, 01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zmog1974

Reading watching Nirvana....followed by Red House Painters at the Borderline ;D

kymoose

Oh 92'......St. X high school and an 81' cutless supreme.

fiftymillimeter

freshman in college uga, athens. don't remember a hell of a lot about 92 because of that.

jacksoncooper

1992: In eigth grade at St. Pius X school.  Cruising the streets on my 10-speed bicycle and listening to lots of Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Metalica.

plank10

QuoteOh 92'......St. X high school and an 81' cutless supreme.

also Saint X but a mustard yellow '73 Buick Century

jonjon

Since I had been out of high school for 10 years, I was wrapping up working for a company called PetStuff and about to start working for IBM. I lived in a loft and threw a few major parties. All my neighbors were kewl and we bumped major sounds until 4 or 5 in the morning. Tom Cochran's Life Is A Highway was kicking that year(thanks Canada), saw Lenny Kravitz open for The Cult, saw The Cure and became the proud poppa of a couple of 6 week old kitties.
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quotesaw Lenny Kravitz open for The Cult

that must've been a sweeeeeeeet show.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

jonjon

that must've been a sweeeeeeeet show.

It totally was, he played everything there was to play. I totally rock out with Lenny. However, The Cult was awesome too. Funny, they were missing their keyboard player that evening, so everytime a solo or something that would normally be done on keys, his lights would come up to highlight him, but nobody was standing behind the setup. Pretty funny...or maybe you just had to be there.

susan says the cult is still one of her best live show experiences...i think she might have seen them on the same tour you speak of....

jonjon

awesome. Yeah, I love Ian's voice. Plus he can wear the hell out of a cowboy hat. Skinny bastard. Yeah, I will seriously rock out at work with American Horse and Automatic Blues. The minor advantage of having the entire floor to yourself at 200 in the morn.

EC

Quotesusan says the cult is still one of her best live show experiences...i think she might have seen them on the same tour you speak of....

Man, all morning I have been trying to remember if I saw the Cult or not.  I know I did.  Damnit.

Do you think it's possible that they opened for The Cure?

There is a certain year in highschool that I barely remember....  Damn. it.

jonjon

Do you think it's possible that they opened for The Cure?

That would be a serious crossing of genre if they did. I can't say that I remember themm ever opening for The Cure, but I think not too many have opened for The Cure since they are easily a 4 hour show. I do know that they did this Cure-a-palooza thing with a bunch of folks. Hmmmm, now you got me thinkin.

ah, the cult, the cure, the church, the motels, the motley crue, the the, the thompson twins, the cramps, the fabulous thunderbirds.....

EC

Yeah...  I think I'm wrong.

Maybe Lollapalooza?  Man.  My memory.  blech.

whothrewthecake

QuoteHaha, i have a picture somewhere of me rockin out in my kitchen to ace of base with no shirt on holding the CD case with shoe-string tied around my forehead like a ninja.

I was sooo rock.

hahaha, eisey that is awesome.
maybe you were just 2 legit 2 quit.

DD

moving to bloomington to start my second freshman year of college and step into the world of chemical experimentation.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails