where were you in '92

Started by johnconaway, Jul 26, 2005, 01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

...I was here, in Louisville.  just left the military and got a job at Gray's Bookstore for a little while.  dreamed dreams of finishing college and getting a psychology degree.  started frequenting a little place called Tewligan's, which is still the Holy Grail of the "club show" experience.  lived in a crappy Old Louisville apartment, drove a crappy little car.  

and yet, I still miss those days, despite having all of $2 to my name all of the time.  ahhhhhhhhhhhh, nostalgia.

and where were you in '92??
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

tomEisenbraun

I was...four and a half in '92. You feel old?

Probably playing with my dog. I lived right outside of Memphis, TN. That was the year my parents got divorced.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

nope, I don't feel old, just "experienced"  ;)

tomEisenbraun

good. prolly a bit wiser in the "ways of the woman" i would expect.

SMc55

I was in Ipswich, Suffolk, England, working part time in a local hospital. My son was born in 1992. My baby's going to be a teenager soon  :o

well, since me and Susan have been together since 1988, I've grown up with the same woman.  but hell yes, more experienced in:

drinking
smoking
lovin'
fightin'
etc.
 8)

corey

In 92, I was either a freshman or a sophomore (depending on which month of the year it was) in high school in North Alabama.
If it was early 92, I was in my first band, playing Skid Row, Metallica, GNR, and Pearl Jam covers. Oh, and you know we played "Smells Like Teen Spirit". What band didn't play that song back then?
In the fall of '92, I was in another band, playing more covers by the Misfits, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Living Colour, and Danzig.

where's abouts in North Alabama?  anything close to Huntsville?  do you have dreams of being an astronaut??

I love me some Alabama.  Spent quite a bit of time on the "Floribama" coast...not in 1992, mind you, but recently...

tomEisenbraun

Me too, man! Gulf Shores, my family used to go there every summer before that hurricane last year.

corey

I'm an hour from Huntsville. I'm in the very Northwest corner....just across the river from Muscle Shoals.

There are 4 cities in this area that get lumped in with Muscle Shoals. The Quad-Cities, if you will...

tomEisenbraun

Were you and Susan dating in high school?

EC

In 1992 I was in my last year of highschool.  I'm trying to remember that year...  I played Ruth in Blith Spirit...  Me and my friend Veronica used to smoke up in my garage every weekend and then to go my friend Eric's parties.  I was really seriously into Depeche Mode.  I finally realized that I was in love with my best friend (who'd been in love with me for a loooong time), and the night I went to tell him, he was making out with another girl in a bedroom at a party.  Ha.  I knew it, too, so I walked right in and told him I had to tell him something.  Bold!  We went out for a loooooong time.  When I first met him in grade seven he had a mullet the likes of which can only be found in VHS or Beta.  ;)  But back then it wasn't "retro".

Anyhow, hmmm, what else...  I quit piano lessons in 1992 (because I was finally given the choice).  My hair went down below my bum.  Oh yeah, and I went through a kind of weird goth-experimental phase.  Everything was either purple or black and was made of velvet, lace, or something shiny.

:)

fitzcarraldo

My last year in highschool as well EC. Bold as love, nice! :)
Probably one of the best years of my life. Highligts included getting my first Les Paul studio, jammin out to Ten and Badmotorfinger and attending Lollapalloza twice in NJ and Orlando!  :D
Good thread John!

whothrewthecake

haha i don't know if i should answer this or not, but i was 8 years old and about to have my world rocked by a little band known as ACE OF BASE.  :o

tomEisenbraun

Haha, i have a picture somewhere of me rockin out in my kitchen to ace of base with no shirt on holding the CD case with shoe-string tied around my forehead like a ninja.

I was sooo rock.

vielfras

Wow the summer of 92 was the summer before I got my first job.  I was probably listening to Dr. Dre back then, gangsta rap was hot shit then and nothing pissed my parents off more than listening to that stuff.

I spent almost everyday fishing or playing video games that summer.  I caught my biggest bass ever that summer.  Man I was one proud thirteen year old boy.
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

CC

early 92 I was studying business economics.

late 92 I was running through the woods, armed and dangerous.

what a great year.

Quoteearly 92 I was studying business economics.

late 92 I was running through the woods, armed and dangerous.

what a great year.

uncle riny, is that the point in which you were a member of the rebel forces army??

plank10

Freshman in high school and going to the same shows as John at Tweligans and The Machine. Tweligans always had the amazing shows. I worked for the Cherokee in the location acouple of years later until they went belly up. I actually help tear out the stage. Going into Cahoots still makes me sad.

CC

uncle riny, is that the point in which you were a member of the rebel forces army??

yeah, but I really can't say too much about it. just that I was dangerous.