Hating on newbies

Started by brkdwnbus, Apr 20, 2008, 01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGMC421

I still consider myself a newbie board-wise but moreso in the department of actually conversing.  I have been interested in the discussions that take place here ever since I joined last year.  

Needs ta werk on dem damn soshul skillz!

That being said, thanks for the support of all who I have mildly came in contact with!  I hope to partake in much more in the future and am looking forward to maybe meeting some of you all this summer!!!  Cheers! [smiley=beer.gif]

.Walt

QuoteI still consider myself a newbie board-wise but moreso in the department of actually conversing.  I have been interested in the discussions that take place here ever since I joined last year.  

Needs ta werk on dem damn soshul skillz!

That being said, thanks for the support of all who I have mildly came in contact with!  I hope to partake in much more in the future and am looking forward to maybe meeting some of you all this summer!!!  Cheers! [smiley=beer.gif]

next time we'll meet up for continental breakfast in denver!  8-)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteThis whole forum needs to be like the lil kim one. Maybe I'd like some of you bitches.

whoz uz callz bitchz hoz! iz popz az capz inz yoz azz uz fuckinz haterz! uz probably gotz 14 kidz by 29 difernt guyz internetz playa! shitz

True dat!

Break yoself!  [smiley=evil.gif]
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

kyjed48

QuoteThis whole forum needs to be like the lil kim one. Maybe I'd like some of you bitches.

whoz uz callz bitchz hoz! iz popz az capz inz yoz azz uz fuckinz haterz! uz probably gotz 14 kidz by 29 difernt guyz internetz playa! shitz

True dat!

We've got to have one of those "Yo Mama" battles at Jacketfest this year!  The loser gets pelted with peeps!
[url="//myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin"]myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin[/url]

thatswhatshesaid

True dat!

We've got to have one of those "Yo Mama" battles at Jacketfest this year!  The loser gets pelted with peeps!
or spend the night in the same camper with the crazy guy....you know, angry ewok's dad.

Angry Ewok

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quoteyeah, i caught some shit when I first joined up as well.  it used to be worse when john conaway was around.  i know some of you still love him but he was not very nice to newbies and all his hangers-on followed suit.  That's one of the reasons that I try to be helpful to newbies.  I don't understand people who want like-minded people to feel unwelcome.

I've definitely "hated" on some people in the past, but never because they were new or ignorant in the ways of the jacket.  we all have to start somewhere.  and I have no hard feelings towards anyone on this board and love the atmosphere here for the most part.  I know some people here hate me, but I can live with that.

You know, coming back here after "retiring" was my choice, but goddamn if this just doesn't royally suck monster ass.  Really man?  All this time has gone by, and still you want to hate on me?  I let the door hit me in the ass on the way out, and what, a year or so has gone by, and still the hate?  Fuck you man.  What a petty, arrogant little shit of man you are, holding on to "hating" on some anonymous internet screen name.  Jesus H. Fucking Christ.  

And to clear my screen name, I don't recall hating on newbies in any particular way that wouldn't be construed as normal internetting or joking, and in fact, hosted an FTP site for quite some time and welcomed all comers to download live shows under the direction of the band.  So there goes that part of your "theory".
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

aMD

Quoteyeah, i caught some shit when I first joined up as well.  it used to be worse when john conaway was around.  i know some of you still love him but he was not very nice to newbies and all his hangers-on followed suit.  That's one of the reasons that I try to be helpful to newbies.  I don't understand people who want like-minded people to feel unwelcome.

I've definitely "hated" on some people in the past, but never because they were new or ignorant in the ways of the jacket.  we all have to start somewhere.  and I have no hard feelings towards anyone on this board and love the atmosphere here for the most part.  I know some people here hate me, but I can live with that.

You know, coming back here after "retiring" was my choice, but goddamn if this just doesn't royally suck monster ass.  Really man?  All this time has gone by, and still you want to hate on me?  I let the door hit me in the ass on the way out, and what, a year or so has gone by, and still the hate?  Fuck you man.  What a petty, arrogant little shit of man you are, holding on to "hating" on some anonymous internet screen name.  Jesus H. Fucking Christ.  

And to clear my screen name, I don't recall hating on newbies in any particular way that wouldn't be construed as normal internetting or joking, and in fact, hosted an FTP site for quite some time and welcomed all comers to download live shows under the direction of the band.  So there goes that part of your "theory".

welcome back, john.  sounds to me like you're the one holding on to hate.  I didn't personally attack you as you did me.  I just stated a fact.  What you refer to "internetting and joking" others call "hating on newbies".  This thread is about how this "normal" internet practice doesn't really happen here (since you left) and how people are grateful for that.  I simply, accurately pointed out that this wasn't always the case here.  It's not a coincidence that new members since your "retirement" have felt welcome while those of us who have been here a while report being hated on as a newbie.  I don't care to be goaded into a fight with you so I will not stoop to your level by lodging personal attacks.  Thanks for showing everyone what we are "missing" by not having you around anymore.

Love,
Dylan Greenwood.
:)

CC

i actually know john conaway.
in real life.
and i know he's an all around great guy.
and i know he never hated on newbies.

dylan greenwood, you...
you can be full of shit sometimes.
well, at least on this board.
i don't actually know you.
in real life.
maybe you're an all around great guy too.

this is not a poem.
a doo-wop song. maybe.

doo-wop shoo-bop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XMLz4crg_s

aMD

Quotei actually know john conaway.
in real life.
and i know he's an all around great guy.
and i know he never hated on newbies.

dylan greenwood, you...
you can be full of shit sometimes.
well, at least on this board.
i don't actually know you.
in real life.
maybe you're an all around great guy too.

this is not a poem.
a doo-wop song. maybe.

doo-wop shoo-bop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XMLz4crg_s

consider me retired.

aMD

if anyone else would like to organize jacketfest or update the tabs site you can email me at hermeshat@hotmail.com

I've had enough of this bullshit.

CC

fine

i guess i can close this

if anyone wants to continue the original discussion,
just start a new thread called 'no hating on newbies', or 'doo-wop-shoo-bop'