Main Menu

obh on idol

Started by BIGVICLBI, May 14, 2008, 09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGVICLBI

what the hell????? The boys must be getting paid pretty well for that one.

doEVILslittle

damn...beat me to it, yeah it was background music for a video montage featuring what seemed to be a 12-year-old kid....obviously edited for time etc, but was it just me or did it sound like the production was edited as well?

Bigsky

Your joking...you watch AI ;D

Just kiddin'...I'm sorry I missed it. :'(

BIGVICLBI

This was the first time in history that I actually liked something on this show that I am forced to watch.

Bigsky

QuoteThis was the first time in history that I actually liked something on this show that I am forced to watch.

You must be married...my wife does the same to me.

OB

QuoteThis was the first time in history that I actually liked something on this show that I am forced to watch.

we need to start a support group.  NOW.

peanut butter puddin surprise

we need to start a support group.  NOW.

Shield your eyes, true believers!  Don't watch this drivel!  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

primushead

Are you serious?  I don't know what to think about that one.  I feel so...numb.

ms. yvon

think of it as a sign of life beaming out from the editing rooms!

i've worked on some pretty lame shows in my time; it's good for your heart to use piece of terrific music.

last year i spent 8 hours:  EIGHT HOURS cutting a sequence to a song that i HATED.

lord.

never need to hear snow patrol ever again.

evah!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

bowl of soup

I'd love to know the genesis of this.  I gave up on my favorite bands staying "pure" long ago (somewhere around the time that Buffalo Tom started selling Pontiacs - I think I cried).  But American Idol??  Nothing represents the death of music and soulessness more than American Idol.  People are in such a panic to promote records these days, a new record is coming out, and people like to get paid.

Being in a band is not a good way to make a living these days, but I feel dirty.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ms. yvon

it's not necessarily about hawking something.  like i said, it could be an editor or producer with a good idea.

in this case, it's just a matter of the music supervisor getting (paying for) clearance for the clip of music that gets on the air.

i used to work on a series where songs were used SPARINGLY and to great effect.  always made me proud when we'd get letters from viewers asking where they could find the music.

for the record:  i do NOT work on american idol, and i've never seen an episode of it.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

BH

I'm not sure what everyone has against American Idol.  I mean, it's not really my thing, although the wife and kids love it, and I will watch occasionally.  

Wouldn't you at least rather have the average american choosing a "winner" instead of some record company executive?   I think the show has proven in the past that to some extent, the voters really do chose a good voice over looks/breast size/dance moves.

Face it, those of us who like "real" great music are in the minority.   This is a show about "pop" music in the truest meaning of the word.

[size=8](I feel as though I may have said too much.  Should this go in the confessions thread?)[/size]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

Oh it could be worse. They could have used it on Dancing With The (not so) Stars. *shudders* :-[

bowl of soup

QuoteOh it could be worse. They could have used it on Dancing With The (not so) Stars. *shudders* :-[

A waltz to Off the Record...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

mjkoehler

QuoteOh it could be worse. They could have used it on Dancing With The (not so) Stars. *shudders* :-[

A waltz to Off the Record...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I was thinking more of a Ramba or a Merengue or the quick step. god shoot me that I even know about this fucking show.

ms. yvon

;D  i did come on a bit defensive up there.  i just wanted to be clear i wasn't a defender of the show (haven't seen it, so wouldn't know where to start).