A good shower head and my right hand

Started by Gripe, Oct 08, 2005, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gripe

"A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had."

Ok, something doesn't fit here. I understand the right hand part, as mine possesses some degree of talent. What I don't understand is the shower head bit. It's common for women to love their shower heads and their right or left hands, but I'm assuming, perhaps falsely, that the song was written from a man's perspective (Jim is right-handed). If it was, who cares about the shower head when you're standing right beside the soap? Soap, as a lover, is superior to a shower head, as long as you're careful not to get any in your you-know-what. For that reason, urethra fan of soap or you're not, I suppose.

A "good" shower head is surely one with strong water pressure and variable settings. A regular rainfall effect feels okay on the parts that your bathing suit covers, but not that kind of good. So, I have to assume he has it on a massage setting. But that setting, combined with strong water pressure, could be hard...pardon me, could be painful to one's twig and especially to one's berries, leaving one feeling rather testy. It just doesn't seem feasible, you know? So can anyone tell me what's going on with these lyrics? It just...doesn't make sense.

tomEisenbraun

look at the lyrics right after that.

if you find you agree with what i just said
you better find a new love
and let em in to your head.

Jim's basically saying "don't go at it alone" or be content with whatever you can offer, because a life with an actual love in it is sooo much more worthwhile. at least, that's what i get out of it.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

primushead

I guess you could just spray your balls with the shower head and it'd feel good.  It's a good thing I don't have the detachable kind, or else I'd go try it. :-[

ratsprayer

the ladies will probably wanna stay out of this thread, eh?   :D

ratsprayer

by the way, fucking right handers....

EC

Holy fucking shit this thread is hilarious.

I think it's about those girls who say things like "chocolate is better than sex" or "men are stupid".  

Also, you boys could be a lot more creative with yer shower heads... ;)

primushead

Also, you boys could be a lot more creative with yer shower heads... ;)

I don't have the cranium capacity to think of creative things to do with a shower head.  It seems to serve only one purpose...well maybe 2 [smiley=wink2.gif]

Oz

Gripe, you've raised a very interesting question here. Either the lyrics are from both a man's and a woman's perspective, or it's an allusion to some very strange hobbies I wouldn't even want to imagine...
I'm ready when you are

SMc55

QuoteFor that reason, urethra fan of soap or you're not, I suppose.
;D

Jellyfish

Funny how this song has become one of my favs when I didn't care for it at first.I think it's that line that caught me at first and then the next line was revealed when I got the lyric booklet and I liked it even more.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Gripe

QuoteAlso, you boys could be a lot more creative with yer shower heads... ;)
Only if you don't mind a high-pressure [insert TOOL album here]!

Gripe

Quoteon Oct 8th, 2005, 1:12pm, Gripe wrote:For that reason, urethra fan of soap or you're not, I suppose.

;D
I'd be lying if I said I didn't crack myself up when I wrote that. Sure sign of insanity, self-amusement.

primushead

Only if you don't mind a high-pressure [insert TOOL album here]!

High pressure Lateralus?

whothrewthecake

all comments on personal pleasure aside ( :o ), this song has really grown on me. it's one of my favs now.

Gripe

High pressure Lateralus?
haha, nay. How is AENIMA pronounced, anyway? I've heard "enima" and "awnima". This question has kept me awake for almost six years now.

primushead

tomEisenbraun

i've always said "aynimuh" so i don't sound like a freak.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

primushead

Quotei've always said "aynimuh" so i don't sound like a freak.

are you callin me a freak? [smiley=beatnik.gif]

EC

I'd like to know how often y'all have found yourselves saying the word enima...  Cuz thus far, it sounds like a lot...

Clarkwork

I'm just glad to see i'm not the only one who loved that line in the song.  It has grown on me as well.  All the lyrics are terrific.  You kind of wander what the hell he was doing when he wrote it.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....