Third grade...

Started by eiseyrokker, Aug 14, 2006, 10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chills

9 years old dude  ;D

Good luck to all third grade teachers!

SMc55

Good wishes for a great start to all three of you.
Enjoy!!!

aMD

thanks for the kind words. things went well. i've got a few "challenging" cases in there, but I think it's going to be a pretty good year.  I've just got to get used to being on my feet and talking all day again.  Interested to hear how whothrewthecake's first day went.

tomEisenbraun

indeed. glad to hear it's goin well.

yeah, it'll be good to hear about how elizanne and anna's days went, too.

haha, in about four years, i'll be going through this with high school freshmen. can't wait!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

SMc55

Exciting times. Best wishes to all you new teachers  :D

whothrewthecake

wow guys thanks so much. it was a LONG and tiring day but well worth it. i have a mega amount of sweeties. mainly today was so nuts because we had to get all their supplies sorted out. i don't remember having so much extra junk, but i'm sure i did! lisa frank folders, anyone? the staff and principal really helped me out today so it was a good day. the thing is, even though i say it was long it flew by in a tornado whirlwind! so crazy.

i did get to play cobra though for our daily energizer. we did a dance and freeze with it. they were so into it. these kids can really move. or maybe it was just the good song choice! :)

aMD, i'm so glad you had a good day. isn't it nuts how it flies by?
elizanne, good luck to you.
tom, you will be an amazing high school teacher. will you have them analyze the high five video? haha so ridiculous.

SMc55

Sounds like a great first day. Well done you!

tomEisenbraun

you need to make one of those three step hologram video things that's in constant motion when you plug it in that runs the high five video. if you find a way to make that, i'll have it in my classroom running constantly. perpetual good vibin' high fivin'.

that's what keeps this world a-movin'

aMD

good call on using Cobra, I didn't think of that one.  I did play a little Prince and a little Bach today, but I couldn't think of a good mmj tune to work in.  

My day flew by too but now I feel like I ran a marathon.  You have any other good song choices to share?  I played my guitar at an assembly last year (i taught kindergarten for half the year last year) and the kids love it and my principal is all bragging to parents that I do a great job of incorporating the arts, so now I not only feel like it's okay to, but I feel like I should work music into our day.  I think I'm going to use music for our transitions.  god to hear you have a good group.

tomEisenbraun

just throw steam engine at em and blow their minds. they might be a little young, but it'll be good for em. I don't see any good reason why Mahgeetah wouldn't be perfectly acceptable. or Golden.

aMD

Quotejust throw steam engine at em and blow their minds. they might be a little young, but it'll be good for em. I don't see any good reason why Mahgeetah wouldn't be perfectly acceptable. or Golden.

"All wrapped up in a bottle over wine" may be a little too pg-13 for third grade, maybe I could just use the bridge, like the beer commercial did. :D

marktwain

Good luck/congratulations on your first days, all!

whothrewthecake

Quote You have any other good song choices to share?  

i have used m. ward stuff off end of amnesia before, like the song psalm, where it's just nice relaxing guitar. it's nice when they are quietly working. i like to use faster beats or high powered guitar bits for clean-up time because they really know they have to get moving. also, it's awesome you played guitar for the kinders. my 2nd grade teacher played guitar for us every day and i have never forgotten. it was amazing.

tomEisenbraun

"All wrapped up in a bottle over wine" may be a little too pg-13 for third grade, maybe I could just use the bridge, like the beer commercial did. :D

frickin Aspen Edge... :-[

i mean c'mon, there's too much reverb for them to even understand it, i would think. i'm definitely gonna get myself in trouble when i start working.