Main Menu

NFL?

Started by primushead, Sep 17, 2006, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6391772

hmmmmm.....not Grimm or Wisenhunt.  interesting.

good luck to da Bears, who are gonna need it against Indy...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

.Walt

Quotehttp://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6391772

hmmmmm.....not Grimm or Wisenhunt.  interesting.

living in minnesota, the vikings fans are hurting after this one. finally they had a guy, who had them going in the right direction. (i know they were last in the pass def.) the article said 7th def. coord. in 9 years. wow i didn't realize that.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

peanut butter puddin surprise

did you see the weird parallels between him and Noll and Cowher?  

fuckin' Pittsburgh.  more stadiums than coaches in the past 38 years.  wow.

by comparison, the colts have had 15 coaches in the same time period.

and now parcells says bye bye to Dallas...didn't see that one coming.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

primushead

Yeah man.  Parcells is gone.  I don't think anyone saw that one coming.  

I'm also wondering what Cowher is going to do when he gets through playing golf for a couple years.  I really wish he would go down to NC State and bring their football team back...but I doubt that will happen.

Oh well, I'm just glad I can watch the superbowl this year now that the Patriots aren't going to be in it.

brkndwnbus

Man, I just got done watching Mike Tomlin's press conference here in PA, and, I'll be honest, at first I didn't like the hire, but after watching him and seeing why everyone else was so impressed with this guy I am extremely pumped about the Steelers' chance at returning to the Super Bowl in years to come. Plus, LeBeau is coming back, and he is a defensive genius.

ManNamedTruth

Just a few days ago newspaper headlines read "Grimm Expected to be named Head Coach". Shows what they know. I'm excited about our new head coach. Go Steelers!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMD

Quotei guess i'm supposed to feel sad.
i think we outplayed them...
hmm.

I guess I'm suppose to care how you feel...
hmm

Congrats to Peyton's and his Colts.

I don't want to hear anyone talk shit about Grossman.  I'm not at all a fan (since he went to flordia and replaced Orton (a Purdue guy)) but any qb who can lead the team to a superbowl is worthy of praise not constant criticism.  Rex grossman has now gone to as many super bowls than Dan Marino and 90% of current NFL QBs.

I can't help but mention that the Bengals could have / should have represented in the AFC but oh well.  btw, Chad Johnson IS the best receiver in the NFL.  And it's not because he lead the nfl in receiving yeards, it's because he's ALWAYS OPEN!  Let me ask you this: how do you stop 85?

ManNamedTruth

Quotei guess i'm supposed to feel sad.
i think we outplayed them...
hmm.

I guess I'm suppose to care how you feel...
hmm

Congrats to Peyton's and his Colts.

I don't want to hear anyone talk shit about Grossman.  I'm not at all a fan (since he went to flordia and replaced Orton (a Purdue guy)) but any qb who can lead the team to a superbowl is worthy of praise not constant criticism.  Rex grossman has now gone to as many super bowls than Dan Marino and 90% of current NFL QBs.

I can't help but mention that the Bengals could have / should have represented in the AFC but oh well.  btw, Chad Johnson IS the best receiver in the NFL.  And it's not because he lead the nfl in receiving yeards, it's because he's ALWAYS OPEN!  Let me ask you this: how do you stop 85?

Chad Johnson might be the best of he didn't drop so many passes. Its pretty easy to disrupt him out of his game too. Steelers have done it many times.

.Walt

QuoteI'm excited about our new head coach. Go Steelers!

you should be! he's a great coach.  but even more than that, he's a great human being. get excited steelers fans.

TEO

It's the COLTS and the Bears and I am still reading about the steelers and cowboys! WTF?  ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

brkndwnbus

Colts 38 Bears 24...There you go some Super Bowl talk. I don't know why I am imagining such a large defeat, but I just have that feeling that Manning will be cool and calm in the SB and will pick apart the secondary. It will be interesting to see how Rex does cause the Colts D does not give up the long ball, which is what Rex throws very well. The Colts will make him dink-and-dunk his way down the field and that causes Rex problems. The Colts have too many weapons on offense for the Bears to stop completely. Reggie, Marvin, Dallas Clark, Fletcher and the two-running back combo. Take both WR's away and then Clark tears the D apart, ask the Pats. Either way, I am rooting for the Colts since I am an AFC type of guy. I was never a Colts fan, in fact I wanted Kansas City to beat them, but then they played the Ravens and Patriots, two teams which I HATE and NEVER root for, so I caught myself jumping off my couch when the Colts made the last INT to beat the Pats...Here we go Steelers, Here we GO! Tomlin gets them back into the playoffs next season. Bengals will, well, they're the Bengals.

Go Steelers.

.Walt

colts are good, and should win. i'm going with the bears. just cause i don't want to see manning 13 more times on tv.  it's already getting old, wait till he wins the superbowl. my buddies have a bet on the game. 50 bucks on the bears to win, with no spread. thats retarded. i have a big money bet, 5 dollars. yup ballize. but i get 8 points on da bears.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5nmZBUzrSdQ

TEO

So far, a private school has decided to cancel classes the day after the Super Bowl.
A local group shot a music video in front of the Dome (after they were asked to leave Monument Circle because they did not have a permit).
Every where you look there are brand new jerseys, sweatshirts etc. being worn. I especially like the pink and white Manning jerseys all the ladies are wearing.
Bakeries, eateries, bars and the like are doing it all up in "blue". I am not sick of it yet, I fully realize this may be a once in a lifetime deal.  ;)   COLTS!!!

.Walt

did anyone else hear that fans can't tailgate before the game? no campers, no drinking, no grillin, and no fun. at least with in a mile of the stadium. that my friends is some bulljunk.

aMD

i'm so depressed that there is NO football on this week.  I'm just not ready to make the transition in Basketball.  I'm already ready next season!  

btw, four more days until I can change this damn avatar!!!  I hate the Shittsburg Steelers and all of their shitty fans!!! Who Dey! (that's right, not who dat, come up with your own cheer saints fans!)

ycartrob

Who Dey! (that's right, not who dat, come up with your own cheer saints fans!)

Who Dat came around in the late 70's (actually Southern University and New Orleans public schools in the 60's). Who Dey came around in 81 when the Bungles lost to the 49ers in the SB.
In other words, Who Dat has been around a lot longer than Who Dey (and yes, this is a silly discussion)

Jellyfish

AFC rules NFC drools  :P....GO COLTS!!!!!!
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

ManNamedTruth

Quote I hate the Shittsburg Steelers and all of their shitty fans!!! Who Dey! (that's right, not who dat, come up with your own cheer saints fans!)
:P

TEO

GIT 'R DUNGY!!!  ;)

Taterbug

VERY EXCITED !!!!  Can't wait until sunday. I think I'll start tailgating friday nite.  I heard they are not  allowing tailgating within 1 mile of the game.  Thats a shame.  I wish I could go to miami and watch the game on the beach. NO WAY would I pay    
$ 3000.00 - $ 10,000.00 for any ticket to sporting event.  Unless MMJ played at the half-time show I might reconsider.  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe