African Watering Hole Live Feed

Started by Kel, Mar 26, 2007, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

QuoteI so badly wanted it to be lion sex...
That's so very wrong, but oh so right.
;D so VERY right!!!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

fitzcarraldo

QuoteSomething is making some crazy growling & snarling sounds somewhere...

i had to turn the volume on my computer down!

ha ha, me too last nite for a time. It could of been baboons. Who is watching the 11 part series Planet Earth on Discovery channel? Caught the first two episodes last nite on my dvr. It is so amazing. A baboon screaming in part one sounded exactly like what made me turn the volume down.  

BH

I just saw a yellow lab, chasing a frisbee.  Seriously.  That was weird.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Kel

QuoteI just saw a yellow lab, chasing a frisbee.  Seriously.  That was weird.

Haha, really?  I'm sure that there are people that live there, right in that area.  It has to be some sort of station or what not.  Or a reserve.

Here's the main website, I think that there might be more cameras too:

http://www.africam.com/

Kel

okay, i'm being a huge dork with this.

here's a link to all the animals that have been seen at the watering hole:
http://www.africam.com/boma/viewtopic.php?t=1974

sweatboard

I haven't laughed this hard in a while now.  

Sean, Planet Earth is the best thing to ever come out of a tv set.  It makes me really really sad though.  I will say High Definition is where it's at, you haven't lived until you've seen a Great White shark jump out of the water in super slow motion/high definition.  
There's Still Time.........

BH

Quoteokay, i'm being a huge dork with this.

here's a link to all the animals that have been seen at the watering hole:
http://www.africam.com/boma/viewtopic.php?t=1974

Sweet, I was hoping I had a chance at a giraffe.  My favorite animal.

I would love to see that Caracal too.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

fitzcarraldo

QuoteI haven't laughed this hard in a while now.  

Sean, Planet Earth is the best thing to ever come out of a tv set.  It makes me really really sad though.  I will say High Definition is where it's at, you haven't lived until you've seen a Great White shark jump out of the water in super slow motion/high definition.  

Word. About the Great White.  :o  I rewound that bit a few times. Unbelievable!!!  The whole thing! Watching part 3 esta noche. Don't have high def but it still looks aWeSoMe on my 27 inch screen. I'm taking care of my friends cat this week he has a hidef 80 or so inch screen. But he hasn't paid his cable bill.  :-/  

I think I saw Bigfoot too and he moved the camera to the right.

Hooray for Giraffe sighting posibilities, and thanks again Kel for the link action!  :D  

sweatboard

Yeah, you are going to love part three.......wait till you see the nautilus!!!

BH

I finally got on board with the Planet Earth and have 4 or 5 episodes being snared by my Moxi over the next several days.  Can't wait to see them.

dragonboy

QuoteI haven't laughed this hard in a while now.  

Word. About the Great White.  :o  I rewound that bit a few times. Unbelievable!!!  The whole thing! Watching part 3 esta noche. Don't have high def but it still looks aWeSoMe on my 27 inch screen. I'm taking care of my friends cat this week he has a hidef 80 or so inch screen. But he hasn't paid his cable bill.
I haven't seen Planet Earth yet but I have most of David Attenborough's nature shows for the BBC (Life On Earth, Life On Earth, Trials Of Life, Life Of Mammals, Life Of Birds etc)
Sir David is one of my heroes!

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

QuoteSir David is one of my heroes!

Along with Kel who started this thread!

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

sweatboard

This is what I was all about........

dragonboy

Who is that stately looking gentlemen B?

sweatboard

I think his name is Col. Sanders, anyway, he hosted The Wild Kingdom...Mutual Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.  

Kel

QuoteSir David is one of my heroes!

Along with Kel who started this thread!

I love Nibbler and the giant can opener Leela has for him.  Poor Bender.

Kel

sweatboard

Is it always in black and white or do I just keep catching it at night time?  

sweatboard

I think I just saw a shooting star.  I'm very serious about this, please tell me someone else witnessed that.

Kel

QuoteIs it always in black and white or do I just keep catching it at night time?  

you're always catching it at night.  there is definitely color during the day :)  as for the shooting star thing, i've seen that before too, a light streaking through the sky.  it's either a shooting star or some sort of bug, because i saw one happen REALLY close to the camera once.