first black president or first woman V.P.

Started by true, Aug 30, 2008, 03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Shit, I should be VP - I mean I've been to Disney like 15 times and it always seems like there are alot of folks from other places there.  I also used to help Haitian diswashers fill out their tax forms.

score

raaaaazor sharp

(but do you hunt?)

bowl of soup

Shit, I should be VP - I mean I've been to Disney like 15 times and it always seems like there are alot of folks from other places there.  I also used to help Haitian diswashers fill out their tax forms.

score

raaaaazor sharp

(but do you hunt?)

Only wolves.  From airplanes.  I find it to be more sporting.  Can I get an amen?
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

mjkoehler

ycartrob

score

raaaaazor sharp

(but do you hunt?)

Only wolves.  From airplanes.  I find it to be more sporting.  Can I get an amen?

bowl of soup

QuoteInstead of moose, Soup hunts beaver?

I used to hunt beaver, but a park ranger moved in some time back and advised me that I may now only observe nature.

bowl of soup

I used to have dreams of beaver hunting me...when I was younger.

Taterbug

QuoteI used to have dreams of beaver hunting me...when I was younger.

So did I.  Did your beaver look like this to ?

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

ycartrob

good Lord... my friend's dad took us to see 10 when we were like 14. Big huge screen, Bo Derek, dark theater; lots of shifting around in our seats  :-[

Ahhhhhhhhh, if only I knew then what I know now, I'd probably have 14 illegitimate kids!

Taterbug

you mean like an NBA player  :).    I think you were much better off hand unloading back then.  I bet you wish you new the old cut a hole in the bottom of the popcorn box trick.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

mjkoehler

QuoteI used to have dreams of beaver hunting me...when I was younger.
I still dream of beaver hunting me and I no longer "younger"!

I had a park ranger move in that went to the same school as yours apparently. Ranger Smith didn't like it when I would ask "Hey Hey Booboo, lets go get some of those picanic baskets."

ycartrob

I mean, Tracy basically called me a fear fueling hate monger for referring to Obama by his full name.

OK, give me 1 legitimate reason why some conservatives call Obama by his full name but they do not call anyone else by their full name?
I mean, in all seriousness, why focus on the name Hussein unless you're trying to evoke fear? What other reason is there?

And for the record, I don't let politics skew my voice. Many times I have defended Bush when people call him a racist; I've done it on this board. And I refer to Condoleeza Rice and how racists don't put black people in positions of power over whites; that's not racism.

I don't let someone's political views influence my opinion of what they are actually saying.

[size=18]OK, give me 1 legitimate reason why some conservatives call Obama by his full name but they do not call anyone else by their full name?
I mean, in all seriousness, why focus on the name Hussein unless you're trying to evoke fear? What other reason is there?
[/size]

Angry Ewok

What'd you think of the debate last night, Tracy?
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ycartrob

QuoteWhat'd you think of the debate last night, Tracy?

you should probably answer my question that I have asked you twice now before you turn to ask me a question; that's how it usually works.

Angry Ewok

Well, Tracy, I didn't think Obama looked very presidential... John McCain is supposed to be the temperamental one, but all night long he had Obama looking to his left with a smirk, interrupting without having anything to say, and just generally looking like an ass. CNN said Obama said "I agree with John" for every time McCain said "Senator Obama just doesn't understand."

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r_jTgGeVU4[/media]

Toddler-esque Obama jumping out with the "I have a bracelet, too!" but having to actually read the bracelet to see whose name was on it was cringe-inducing. It's the difference between a conviction and a prop.

I imagine the left will see McCain's handling of Obama as condescending, while the right will see it more like an elder lecturing a naive student. Either way, Obama was trying to keep up.

whothrewthecake

most of the posts in this thread have fail written all over them.
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

ycartrob

QuoteWhat'd you think of the debate last night, Tracy?

you should probably answer my question that I have asked you twice now before you turn to ask me a question; that's how it usually works.

your not answering my question actually is answering my question.

ridiculous political stance

mjkoehler

Actually Brad, I respectfully disagree with you. I think McCain came across as a grumpy old man. He was rather childish in is absolute refusal to look at Obama. Keep in mind that this was supposed to be McCain's strongest subject and I think it came out more of a tie which I view as a win for Obama. McCain needed to have a monster night and he just didn't. I thought McCain looked uncomfortable while Obama looked poised.

However, I thought his joke in reference to the DNA research on bears was pretty funny.

The debates are not going to sway my vote as it is firmly where it's at. Watching more for the comedy and to have drinking games with the wife.

I do find it funny, not in a ha ha way, that 4 years ago the entire campaign was built on Kerry being a flip flopper/waffler. However, McCain/Palin have flip flopped on many things and it doesn't seem to be a major issue like 4 years ago.

Angry Ewok

QuoteHowever, I thought his joke in reference to the DNA research on bears was pretty funny.

We definitely agree on that one.

We should be spending those millions on training bears to do cool stuff.

mjkoehler

QuoteHowever, I thought his joke in reference to the DNA research on bears was pretty funny.

We definitely agree on that one.

We should be spending those millions on training bears to do cool stuff.
Bears on bikes still is funny. Even better, monkeys riding dogs.

Mister Anthrope

Quotemost of the posts in this thread have fail written all over them.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be. Vonnegut