The 'Anyone Else Drinkin'?' Thread...

Started by dragonboy, Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMD

QuoteTrying to pretend that this Bud (that I bought too much of for a party, am trying to switch to domestic microbrews, especially IPA's) tastes better out of the German stein I am drinking out of!  ;)

I'm gonna have me a few (too many) IPAs tonight.  Try Dogfishhead 90 minute or 180 minute IPAs.  The 180 minute is a double IPA and just about the hoppiest things I've ever drank.  Other than Bells' Hopslam, but that's tough to find (seasonal/limited batches only).

Ever had any Thunderhead by Pyramid Brewery out of Seattle?

Nope.  and I just got back from the LQ.  I'll have to look for it next time.  I got some two-hearted ale, which isn't an IPA but is damn close, and an IPA from Scotland that looked interesting.  I'm starting off the night with one of these:

Cheers, TEO! (and whoever else is out there)

thatswhatshesaid

QuoteTrying to pretend that this Bud (that I bought too much of for a party, am trying to switch to domestic microbrews, especially IPA's) tastes better out of the German stein I am drinking out of!  ;)

I'm gonna have me a few (too many) IPAs tonight.  Try Dogfishhead 90 minute or 180 minute IPAs.  The 180 minute is a double IPA and just about the hoppiest things I've ever drank.  Other than Bells' Hopslam, but that's tough to find (seasonal/limited batches only).

Nope.  and I just got back from the LQ.  I'll have to look for it next time.  I got some two-hearted ale, which isn't an IPA but is damn close, and an IPA from Scotland that looked interesting.  I'm starting off the night with one of these:

And cheers to you all as well! sippin' on some good ol' jager and root beer tonight myself.

TEO

And cheers to you all as well! sippin' on some good ol' jager and root beer tonight myself.

Cheers Ben!  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Hawkeye

Not drinking yet but I found some hydrocodone laying around...for my bad back of course  ::)
We could.

thatswhatshesaid

Cheers Ben!  :)
Right back atcha Matt!

dragonboy

About to sink my first beer of the evening whilst listening to THS Live @ Fingerprints!

Cheers K  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

thatswhatshesaid

sweet water blue.....mmmmmmm! i likes me some blueberry beer.

dragonboy

Are you serious?!! Blueberry beer? Wow! Is it sweet?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Wow again! I'd love to give that a try...

mjkoehler

I would imagine the Blueberry Beer to be probably tasty. I fondly remember drinking plenty of a beer called Rogue N Berry from the fine folks at the Rogue Beer. It was purpleish, fruity and went down smooth. It was made with Marion berries and was a nice summer brew.

thatswhatshesaid

it is sweet, but its just got a dash of flavor. i think it might be a wheat beer. normally, i dont like flavored beers, but this one is great.

joey_rogo

.Walt

i'm going to enjoy a couple of beverages tonight. just got done with work. i'm making a mixtape for some 15 year old dishwasher. he was talking about how much 80's music kicks ass. because he plays "guitar hero rocks the 80's". i told him to watch the conan video...of course now he wants the jacket. i told him its like i volunteered for the big brother program. the only problem is, he wants floyd, zeppelin, doors, etc....so it will probably lead him towards drugs.  :-/
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

TheBigChicken

Quotei'm going to enjoy a couple of beverages tonight. just got done with work. i'm making a mixtape for some 15 year old dishwasher. he was talking about how much 80's music kicks ass. because he plays "guitar hero rocks the 80's". i told him to watch the conan video...of course now he wants the jacket. i told him its like i volunteered for the big brother program. the only problem is, he wants floyd, zeppelin, doors, etc....so it will probably lead him towards drugs.  :-/
no but if he stays in the restaurant business he'll most definitely find drugs....not to say I have :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

aMD

aww... a day of watching football and drinking ahead of me.  Only questions are what to drink and when to start. suggestions??

I love MLK day, btw!

.Walt

so i'm on my way to my parents house. until someone came flying down a hill, and couldn't stop because of the snow. i missed hitting him by an inch. needless to say, i turned around and went back to my place. the roads are horrible. i didn't feel like taking 60 minute drive...that usually takes 30mins.  

but before i went home i picked up a bottle of gionelli asti. i've been big on the champagne lately (sparkling wine, if you wanna be a dick about). thank you new years!!

and a 12pack of this:

now to play video games all day and get drunk. something i haven't done in a long time.

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

getinthevan

Yesterday was my 21st birthday.  I drank a whole lot.  A little beer but mostly liquor.  Today I feel like someone is hammering my brain with a meat tenderizer.  I could go for a White Russian right now...
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

joey_rogo

at the local beer store, if you buy a 12 pack of magic hat, you get a free magic hat pint glass (while supplies last).

i have a free magic hat pint glass.

dragonboy

QuoteYesterday was my 21st birthday.  I drank a whole lot.  A little beer but mostly liquor.  Today I feel like someone is hammering my brain with a meat tenderizer.  I could go for a White Russian right now...
Happy 21st GetInTheVan!!! Hope you had a good one & are feeling a little better  :)

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotesweet water blue.....mmmmmmm! i likes me some blueberry beer.

I wish we got sweetwater up north...but we don't :-[

I even tried ordering it once, but couldn't.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...