Cool Christmas Presents?

Started by dragonboy, Jan 03, 2010, 06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

I got a pretty sweet toaster.   ;D

The best "present" was that I was able to have a relaxing holiday for once; due to the icy weather, we didn't have to go to my brother's in-laws until Saturday, and were able to spend Christmas Day at home.  Hallelujah!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

capt. scotty

QuoteThe new Super Mario Bros is pretty badass. Wii Sports Resort is great. Mario Cart is great.

Is it just SMBros, or is the newest one like SMBros 5?

This might be a dumb question, but is Mario Kart a game where you have to go thru the motions and all, or do you just hold the controller and play? Still confused if all games on the Wii are "active" and whatnot  ;D
The new Mario Bros is just insane. There the "classic" side scroll, there's crazy shit in there. It basically mashes SMB 1 & 3, Super Mario World for Super Nintendo, and Mario Galaxy into 1 game of supreme awesomeness. And it has the old skool sound effects.

Mario cart you have to use your controller like a steering wheel. You do not need one of the steering wheels, but it helps.

Wii Sports resort is definitly active. Long live the bowling on it.

SOLD!!  :o
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

QuoteThe new Super Mario Bros is pretty badass. Wii Sports Resort is great. Mario Cart is great.

I played it over the holidays and I found the 4 player coop mode to be fun if a little crazy.  I wished it let you walk through another player instead of bumping into them.  Damn 2D worlds.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

Not as cool as Sass' present but I got a new, German made 10" chef's knife.  About as great and useful gift as I've ever gotten.

ALady

I got a chef's knife too, Ruckus!   :)  And some mini spatulas that are  pretty cool.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Ruckus

QuoteI got a chef's knife too, Ruckus!   :)  And some mini spatulas that are  pretty cool.

Nice!  Let's put 'em to good use this year eh? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

MMJ_fanatic

I got a few DVD box sets:  the X-Men movies, the Diehard movies, and BEST of all:  the COMPLETE box set of the Chris Carter show "Millenium"!!!!  SWEET!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

TheBigChicken

QuoteKeurig single cup coffee maker with about 100 k cups to go with it. Perfect coffee each time in about 40 seconds.
mmmmm.now THAT is a wonderful thing indeed. The little lady gave me a home jarring/canning kit....pickled eggs could be a very good or very bad thing....guess some of you peeps better keep an eye on your mailbox :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Ghosts_on_TV

Tom Waits-Orphans 7 disc vinyl (awesome)
dick towel
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ms. yvon

QuoteThe Tweedy Living Room Show (posted about it in Current Joys). Likely my best present, ever.
hey sass, which show are you attending?  i'm going to one, too!  happy new year, indeed!  [smiley=beer.gif]
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."