The Return of BREAKING BAD 3/21 AMC

Started by Johnny_Yac, Feb 24, 2010, 10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

A great show, particularly for us high school science teachers. Season 3 starts March 21st, 10pm EST on AMC. Set your DVRs for the past two seasons if you haven't experienced this awesome show.

Air Dates and Times of Season 1 and 2, AMC (all times EST)

Breaking Bad - Pilot
Season 1, Episode 0
Wed Mar 10 @ 3:30 am

Season 1, Episode 1
Wed Mar 10 @ 4:30 am

Season 1, Episode 2
Thu Mar 11 @ 3:30 am

Season 1, Episode 3
Thu Mar 11 @ 4:30 am

Season 1, Episode 4
Fri Mar 12 @ 4:00 am

Season 1, Episode 5
Fri Mar 12 @ 5:00 am

Season 1, Episode 6
Sat Mar 13 @ 4:00 am

Season 2, Episode 1
Sat Mar 13 @ 5:00 am

Season 2, Episode 2
Sun Mar 14 @ 4:00 am

Season 2, Episode 3
Mon Mar 15 @ 4:00 am

Season 2, Episode 4
Mon Mar 15 @ 5:00 am

Season 2, Episode 5
Tue Mar 16 @ 3:00 am

Season 2, Episode 6
Tue Mar 16 @ 4:00 am

Season 2, Episode 7
Tue Mar 16 @ 5:00 am

Season 2, Episode 8
Wed Mar 17 @ 3:00 am

Season 2, Episode 9
Wed Mar 17 @ 4:00 am

Season 2, Episode 10
Thu Mar 18 @ 3:30 am

Season 2, Episode 11
Thu Mar 18 @ 4:30 am

Season 2, Episode 12
Fri Mar 19 @ 4:00 am

Season 2, Episode 13
Fri Mar 19 @ 5:00 am

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Paulie_Walnuts

Thanks for the recommendation. Just ordered the box set for Series 1. I like the sound of it.
Paulie W

Jellyfish

This is an awesome series.Really looking forward to the season premiere.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

johnnYYac

Hey Sticky!  You see tonight's episode.  Things are getting crazy!  

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteHey Sticky!  You see tonight's episode.  Things are getting crazy!  

yeah I just caught the encore of it at 1am.  I love how they take old, almost cliche themes and turn them into genius.  They give you this simple scenario of the two guys out to kill hank, that conflict, the tension leading up to it is done so masterfully.  I thought they were going to drag it out longer to be honest but they went from the end of the last episode saying hank was going to die->the fight scene within an hour AND made it realistic.  one of the best shows ever.  Hank called gomie to carry on the legacy if he doesn't make it.  I know hank saw a turtle blow up some of his friends but come on, when he was waiting in the parking lot he was acting like such a pussy.  That was probably saul's body guard who called him.  Jesse had a nice monologue in there.  Gus is going to be pissed next episode.  shits about to get messy.

I'm not sure about this new chemist dude he reminds me of a cop.

johnnYYac

At the beginning of tonight's episode, the announcer said, "And now, the best actor on television."  After tonight's episode, I can only say "without a doubt."  Wow.  What a great show.  Brian Cranston, what a great actor.  

Penny Lane

i just watched the episode where they destroyed the RV...i can't stop watching!

can i just ask one thing (because i didn't watch seasons 1 and 2--i WILL go back and watch) ..what happened to walt Jr? was he born that way or did something happen?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Quotei just watched the episode where they destroyed the RV...i can't stop watching!

can i just ask one thing (because i didn't watch seasons 1 and 2--i WILL go back and watch) ..what happened to walt Jr? was he born that way or did something happen?

He (the character and, I assume, the actor) has cerebral palsy.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

so was last nights entire episode an analogy for walt and jesse's current relationship?  jesse is the fly contaminating walts situation with his recklessness/chaos driven life?

I have a feeling jesse's gonna get got soon.  

johnnYYac

Quoteso was last nights entire episode an analogy for walt and jesse's current relationship?  jesse is the fly contaminating walts situation with his recklessness/chaos driven life?

[highlight]I have a feeling jesse's gonna get got soon. [/highlight] 

Almost.  Walt has crossed the line.  All Hell is gonna break BAD.  

I love this show!

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quoteso was last nights entire episode an analogy for walt and jesse's current relationship?  jesse is the fly contaminating walts situation with his recklessness/chaos driven life?

[highlight]I have a feeling jesse's gonna get got soon. [/highlight] 

Almost.  Walt has crossed the line.  All Hell is gonna break BAD.  

I love this show!

last night was pretty great.  that last scene was bad.ass.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

the finale was awesome.  man those writers are good.

johnnYYac

Indeed.  Now the long slog to Season 4.  Walt is pushing his luck, but I guess it was the only way.  Gale gets hosed again.  

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

have you guys read this article yet?  it is amazing the writers are winging this shit.  they use the analogy that they are in walt and jesse's position not knowing what will happen next.  here's the article:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/interview-breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-post-mortems-season-three

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I'm now convinced this is the ultimate tv show for adults.  our dvd player plays divx files avi's, mpg's and shit so I burned seasons 1 and 2 for my mom like a year ago.  

she never watched it but I kept telling her it was better than dexter (which is her favorite show) and she wouldn't watch it.  so anyway, she's watching the karadasians(sp?) or something stupid on E! and I pop on breaking bad season one.  explain how it has award winning acting, etc.   I leave the house and come back and she's still watching it.  haha she stayed up late to watch an extra episode.  

if you put this show on in front of an adult that has never seen it they will be instantly sucked in.  Episode 3 or 4 is the turning point and once Tuco was introduced my mom digs it.  It's hilarious to me because somebody at her work recommended weeds for her to watch, which is alright I guess but breaking bad is the ultimate.  I'm drunk and have to piss so I'll rap this up right quick.  word.  she's well into season two, her mind is going to be blown by the time she watches the season 3 finale.  

Sometimes I wish I could go back right now and watch breaking bad for the first time all the way thru without commercial interuption.   Predictions for next season:

Walt goes to Hank eventually.  Saul will be important or die.  Walt will kill Gus AND that PI dude who silenced the cartel.  The Cartel will retaliate and kill Walt.  Jesse might be dead early in season 4 if he doesn't haul ass out of Gale's.  I mean sheeit..

haha I went to piss and my mom told me she was done with season two and to burn her 3.  never thought I'd bond with her because of a show about meth distribution being awesome haaha.