The LOST thread

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, May 10, 2007, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I just re-watched last weeks episode and noticed charlies brother is at the jail looking for where charlie is detained in one of the scenes for a minute.  he asks sawyer and sawyer blows him off.  sexually.  also, I was thinking about why that bear would be in Tunisia.  The only explanation seems to be that at some point they trained a bear to move that wheel and make the island jump.  Also, Mile's dad works with Charlotte at the "Museum", so the Dr. is alive in timeline 2.  Whatever Widmore has locked up on that sub is probably important as well.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteSounds like you have a crush on the dog dude

vincent is awesome, you'll see.

Vincent is my fav...and very, very important.  After the crash, he was told to wake up Jack by Zombie Christian because "he had work to do".  He led Shannon into the woods where she saw Walt and heard the whispers.  There are so many more Vincent moments, read 'em here:
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Vincent

I'd pet vincent so good.

dcdub

Quotealso I think Widmore and Sayid drink the same whiskey.  Desmond got hammered on a bottle of the same shit when the sailboat came back to the island after his first attempt at leaving the island.
Also in the episode about Jack's flash sideways, Christian had a bottle of it in his office when they were looking for his will
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

the_wizzard

QuoteWhatever Widmore has locked up on that sub is probably important as well.

My bet is Desmond is in that locked room......could be wrong, but I hope I am not!

the_wizzard

QuoteWhatever Widmore has locked up on that sub is probably important as well.

My bet is Desmond is in that locked room......could be wrong, but I hope I am not!

Or even crazier, Des and Penny's son Charlie  :o

mjkoehler

I'm gonna have to avoid this thread Tuesday and Wed. I have a concert to attend and will have to hulu/bit torrent this coming epi. I cannot miss Richards tale.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

richard is going to blow the lid off shit tonight. so pumped.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

That episode was the Lost equivalent of the moment of ejaculation.  Pure Orgasmic Goodness.  A couple bonus minutes, plus it took us back to the very very beginning and it was juicy as hell.  They so aren't dead.

el_chode

QuoteThat episode was the Lost equivalent of the moment of ejaculation.  Pure Orgasmic Goodness.  A couple bonus minutes, plus it took us back to the very very beginning and it was juicy as hell.  They so aren't dead.

At first I was angry saying "what a cop out! And they said that hell wasn't the answer!" but then Jacob touched me and I felt saved.

Symbolic baptism by Jacob?

This was the episode this season needed to get me all about the show again. Plus they spelled a few things out so clearly just to confirm it for us: Locke is definitely MiB, it is a game between Jacob and MiB, and Hurley is becoming ever more important and confident in himself, leading me to think that he may be the replacement.

Now, just gimme a little Desmond and I'll consider the series a success regardless of the final outcome.
I'm surrounded by assholes

el_chode

Also, I'm fairly sure the cabin from a few seasons ago was not Jacob's cabin.

Ghosts_on_TV

What about the ship from the season 5 finale?  Everyone assumed it was the black rock, but that ship was sailing in calm waters in the daytime, not smashing through the statue in a crazy storm. That was a great episode though.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

mjkoehler

they are soooooo not dead, at least not yet. Richard may think they are but I do not believe they are. Phenomanal epi. I have to watch it again as I watched it in a serious hangover and at 5AM.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteAlso, I'm fairly sure the cabin from a few seasons ago was not Jacob's cabin.

I'm going under the assumption Horace built it since Locke had that dream about him and Horace was cutting down trees to build a cabin for him and his wife and he said John had to find it.  also Horace's nose was bleeding ala temporal displacement.  he said he had been dead for 10 years I believe.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteWhat about the ship from the season 5 finale?  Everyone assumed it was the black rock, but that ship was sailing in calm waters in the daytime, not smashing through the statue in a crazy storm. That was a great episode though.

The French boat capsized, that's why they were in the lifeboat when they picked up Jin in the ocean after the time jump.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteThat episode was the Lost equivalent of the moment of ejaculation.  Pure Orgasmic Goodness.  A couple bonus minutes, plus it took us back to the very very beginning and it was juicy as hell.  They so aren't dead.

At first I was angry saying "what a cop out! And they said that hell wasn't the answer!" but then Jacob touched me and I felt saved.

Symbolic baptism by Jacob?

This was the episode this season needed to get me all about the show again. Plus they spelled a few things out so clearly just to confirm it for us: Locke is definitely MiB, it is a game between Jacob and MiB, and Hurley is becoming ever more important and confident in himself, leading me to think that he may be the replacement.

Now, just gimme a little Desmond and I'll consider the series a success regardless of the final outcome.

yeah I think I get the baptism angle.  they even had a sip of wine.  it looked like catholic style blood of christ wine.

I re-watched last nights episode again and got more insight.  they are cramming these episodes with tiny things.  here's a new speculation.  "Widfield" the dude who bought Richard to be his slave is a decedent of Widmore.  Widmore has historical connection to the island as far back as Richard has been a live which is over 100years.  I noticed a lot about Richard the person.

He is almost a combination of every single character from the plane crash.  

Jack Comparison: he says to his wife "I will save you".  In a similar way to Jack when he repaired that chicks spine.  

He's been conned like Locke, He's conned and lied to people like sawyer, He has killed people and repented.  etc.  All the religious ideas always bring Eko back up in my mind.  He was pure christian.  he built that church, or at least started to.  

The other thing I noticed was the Man in Black gave Richard the exact same directions Dogan gave sayid.  pretty much word for word.  "you let him talk to you didn't you?"

Jacob got the first move crashing the black rock.  Man in Black got second move, killed everyone except Richard (the game piece) and convinced him via his dead wife that he was in hell.  

I think the conversation between Richard and Jacob is what gave Jacob the idea to let MiB kill him.  That's how he built his strategy it seems almost.

The Boar.  A Boar appears when Richard comes to, they eat a pig when MiB and Richard are talking.  MiB/Locke always brings the pork.

I forgot also since next week looks like a jin/sun reunion episode, sun is a pathological liar and a murderer, she killed that one chick-a-dee on the sailboat.  Has jin ever killed anyone? I can't remember.   Even hurley killed a dude when he ran over him with the bus didn't he?

another weird thing.  when Charlie goes with locke to the bear cave to get eko he is wearing a shirt with a cross on it sort of, it's faint but there.  when hurley returns to the island he's wearing a red shirt with a cross, the exact same thing.  not sure way fucking stoned got some that G-13 and Strawberry Cough. mmm.

oh yeah and richard couldn't be absolved because he didn't have time to be.  desmond went through the ministry or whatever and was all church-o-fied and cleansed before the island.  but he was a solider before all that.  too much stuff to think about with so little episodes left.

el_chode

Jin has killed someone, it's at least implied due to connection with Sun' father.

I'll be interested to see just how the "reunion" isn't a reunion at all.

So is there some connection to the 7 deadly sins for each person?

el_chode

Also, was Hanso Corp around prior to the blackrock? I think so, since I'm 95% sure they said Richard was no property of Hanso.

el_chode

Internet Theory:Hurley Will Replace Jacob
Evidence:
Hurley is the only candidate to have a substantive conversation with Jacob as an adult (i.e. Kate and Sawyer were children when they spoke with Jacob)
Jacob speaks to Hurley even now that he is dead
Hurley is the only character that hasn't been shown to be corruptible in any significant way
Hurley may be the only candidate that has not murdered anyone on or off the island.
The fact that he "followed" Richard out there is key; everybody else said following Richard was a waste of time because he was going to the MiB and there was no coming back, but Hurley, as Jacob, sees that he needs to keep Richard around.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteAlso, was Hanso Corp around prior to the blackrock? I think so, since I'm 95% sure they said Richard was no property of Hanso.

yeah that was another thing hanso is old as fuck too.

dcdub

QuoteInternet Theory:Hurley Will Replace Jacob
Evidence:
Hurley is the only candidate to have a substantive conversation with Jacob as an adult (i.e. Kate and Sawyer were children when they spoke with Jacob)
Jacob speaks to Hurley even now that he is dead
Hurley is the only character that hasn't been shown to be corruptible in any significant way
Hurley may be the only candidate that has not murdered anyone on or off the island.
The fact that he "followed" Richard out there is key; everybody else said following Richard was a waste of time because he was going to the MiB and there was no coming back, but Hurley, as Jacob, sees that he needs to keep Richard around.
I'm thinking Hurley too, but that's probably what they want us to think. Jack is a whiny little bitch, I think even the island is sick of his ass, so hopefully it won't be him. I don't think Sawyer has really sided with Locke, however it seems like he's gonna be getting off the island first chance he get, so I think he's out. Sayid is definitely long gone. That's 4, who else is left besides one of the Kwons? Supposed to be 6 candidates left, right? Maybe both Kwons are candidates
Shooting in the dark as to what's best