Current Shames

Started by talleshortz, Aug 17, 2009, 11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

No shame to be had there, Ruckus, seems like the logical course of action.

My shame: I cooked four nice ribeyes last night...on a gas grill. The shame being that I enjoyed it.  :embarrassed:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Fully

Well, if we are going to start confessing to overeating...
I made fried potatoes for breakfast on Saturday morning. After they were all gone (I did not eat them all), I went and fried another one just for me.  :embarrassed:

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Crispy on Sep 24, 2012, 02:34 PM

My shame: I cooked four nice ribeyes last night...on a gas grill. The shame being that I enjoyed it.  :embarrassed:

I don't quite get the shame?  Shame that you enjoyed cooking the ribeyes or shame that you enjoyed cooking the ribeyes on a gas grill?

Fully

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 25, 2012, 10:42 AM

I don't quite get the shame?  Shame that you enjoyed cooking the ribeyes or shame that you enjoyed cooking the ribeyes on a gas grill?
I thought he ate four ribeyes.

vespachick

Blaspheme! It is a slippery slipper slope my friend.  I will not reveal this to Mr. Vespachick.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

joey_rogo

Taste the meat, not the heat. I tell ya what.

Crispy

Hmm, confusion...I only ate one ribeye, and I enjoyed it, which is part of the shame because a nice ribeye should never be cooked over a pitiful gas flame, that's just wrong. The other part of the shame is that I kind of enjoyed the quick prep time, and the fact that I didn't have a beautiful pile of coals doing nothing after having them only do work for about 8 minutes. SHAME AND GUILT

Next time, I grill steaks over charcoal on my beloved Weber, and then cook some chicken parts with the rest of the fuel, and I'll be able to have two Manhattans instead of only one.

VC, thanks for keeping this transgression on the DL.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

vespachick

FYI Crispy, over the summer we were practicing perfecting grilled pizza on the leftover briquettes.  Mostly it was a disaster.  A delicious disaster!  :beer: 
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Crispy

Quote from: vespachick on Sep 26, 2012, 11:36 AM
FYI Crispy, over the summer we were practicing perfecting grilled pizza on the leftover briquettes.  Mostly it was a disaster.  A delicious disaster!  :beer:

Mmmm, grilled pizzas, I tried that once! ONCE.  :embarrassed:

Devil Ledbetter

I got pulled over by a cop on the way to work today, doing 38 in a 25. I apologized profusely enough that he let me off with a verbal warning.

Don't you just hate when roads are wide and smooth with hardly any residential housing yet they have these pokey little old lady speed limits? This one runs alongside a river and through an industrial park. The speed limit ought to be 50 there.
We understand it's the '90s.

Fully

I just took off work on Friday to get out of a speeding ticket.total saved -$30. Court costs are ridickulous! My shame is that I know fully well how much of a speed trap I was driving through, but stupid me wasn't paying attention.

johnnYYac

On my way home with my daughter from seeing Alabama Shakes in Vermont back in April, I was clocked doing 88 in a 65 and earned a $360 fine.  The state trooper suggested I go to court for a pretrial hearing and reduced fine, since I hadn't had a ticket in quite some time.  Then, a week before the hearing, I get pulled with my kids in the car, on the way to the grocery store, doing 73 in a 55.  I arrived at the pretrial hearing for the first ticket, chose to not mention the more recent infraction, and got the $360 reduced to $155.  Paid them both and drive a bit slower these days...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jon T.

I saw Zac Brown Band at Deluna Fest this past weekend and didn't hate it.   :embarrassed:

iLikeBeer

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 26, 2012, 11:13 PM
On my way home with my daughter from seeing Alabama Shakes in Vermont back in April, I was clocked doing 88 in a 65 and earned a $360 fine.  The state trooper suggested I go to court for a pretrial hearing and reduced fine, since I hadn't had a ticket in quite some time.  Then, a week before the hearing, I get pulled with my kids in the car, on the way to the grocery store, doing 73 in a 55.  I arrived at the pretrial hearing for the first ticket, chose to not mention the more recent infraction, and got the $360 reduced to $155.  Paid them both and drive a bit slower these days...

Isn't that funny how tickets seem to come in bunches?  I didn't get a speeding ticket until my wife was pregnant with our twins nine years ago.  And in the span of 6 months, I got pulled over 2 more times.  And in Ohio, if you get 3 speeding tickets within 6 months, you automatically lose your liscence.  Luckily my very pregnant wife was in the car with me when I got pulled over for my 3rd offense and the officer must have took sympathy on me and let me go with a warning!   :thumbsup:  I was just freaking out that I could go so long without EVER getting a speeding ticket and then, just like that, I had 3 of them?!   :cheesy:

MKULTRA

Perfect "CURRENT SHAMES"

I JUST LOST ALLLLL RESPECT FOR JIM, AFTER READING HE IS DOING A SHOW FOR OBUMMER.
WHAT A SHAME, HES EITHER CLULESS, DRUGGED, OR JUST PLANE STUPID..OBUMMER IS AND WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS THE WORST WORLD LEADER IN THE HISTORY..

Crispy

Quote from: MKULTRA on Sep 27, 2012, 11:25 AM
Perfect "CURRENT SHAMES"

I JUST LOST ALLLLL RESPECT FOR JIM, AFTER READING HE IS DOING A SHOW FOR OBUMMER.
WHAT A SHAME, HES EITHER CLULESS, DRUGGED, OR JUST PLANE STUPID..OBUMMER IS AND WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS THE WORST WORLD LEADER IN THE HISTORY..

Oooh, trolly. Welcome to the forum, MKULTRA!  :tongue:

Fully

I think that it's more of shame that you have such poor spelling and usage issues, MKULTRA. It's interesting that you made an account just to criticize a candidate that doesn't exist. There is no "OBUMMER" on either ticket. If this is an example of the typical Republican's education, then I'm ashamed I've ever voted Republican.

MKULTRA

Cluless, only see the quick mistakes.  Praise your master OBUMMER and keep your mind distracted with music instead.  Oh and his other names are as follows:
Barry Soetorro
Obamney
Rombama
Hitlobama
and my favorite OBUMMER

jones

Jon T.