Anyone Else Drinkin'? prt2

Started by dragonboy, Dec 04, 2008, 10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

yeah, they're tasty... it's half a shot of baileys, with a half of shot of jameson. then you take the shot glass and drop into a glass that has about 6oz of gunniess. drink it fast though, because it will curdle on you.
uhhh, wow. That actually sounds scary. The potential for curdlage would be enough to almost scare me away. I said almost scare me away.

it's clear that the irish don't fuck around!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

mjkoehler

yeah, they're tasty... it's half a shot of baileys, with a half of shot of jameson. then you take the shot glass and drop into a glass that has about 6oz of gunniess. drink it fast though, because it will curdle on you.
uhhh, wow. That actually sounds scary. The potential for curdlage would be enough to almost scare me away. I said almost scare me away.

it's clear that the irish don't fuck around!
Apparently so. At least I'm not half French half German. I would be confused and think I would need to try to invade my other half but that other half would capitulate.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteApparently so. At least I'm not half French half German. I would be confused and think I would need to try to invade my other half but that other half would copulate.

Dude, at least take some video while you're at it.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

capt. scotty

QuoteGuinness. Yeah, I'm predictable....and drunk

had some guinness last night as a matter of fact. made some irish car bombs with it, to go along with bloody labatts blues.

mjk, are you irish?
Irish at heart some days. German/English heritage actually. Destined to drink I guess.

Irish Car Bombs? That's a new one to me. Do they leave you hating yourself the next like too many Kamikazes?

Maybe its an age discrepency, but I thought Irish Carbombs were common knowledge??!!!?!

It may sound not too tasty, but once you start gulping down that Irish greatness, you wonder why you dont drink them more often  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteJust finished off an Arrogant Bastard Ale and going to switch to great Lakes Christmas Ale and finish off my xmas miss for cap'n/october.

Arrogant Bastard...very nice...There is a bar around here that has it on draft luckily, but it would be much nicer if I could just grab a couple 22 oz. somewhere..but, PA sucks

My mix wont reach the Dec 13th deadline, but Id expect you to get it before Xmas Dylan

Cheers  [smiley=beer.gif]
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

QuoteGuinness. Yeah, I'm predictable....and drunk

had some guinness last night as a matter of fact. made some irish car bombs with it, to go along with bloody labatts blues.

mjk, are you irish?
Irish at heart some days. German/English heritage actually. Destined to drink I guess.

Irish Car Bombs? That's a new one to me. Do they leave you hating yourself the next like too many Kamikazes?

Maybe its an age discrepency, but I thought Irish Carbombs were common knowledge??!!!?!

It may sound not too tasty, but once you start gulping down that Irish greatness, you wonder why you dont drink them more often  ;D
I think it is an age thing. Plus I do not get out to pubs often so I have no clue what the "in"/hip/cool drinks are.

ManNamedTruth

somebody make this room stop spinning pleaase!!

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

capt. scotty

I never got the spins.

Maybe thats why I enjoy gettin shitfaced so much.

Either that, or its why I ate LSD during my teenage years

Janet

I just made a batch of irish cream.  Yum!

mjkoehler

getinthevan

Maker's Mark.  Perhaps a little more than I should have had.  I'm determined to finish the bottle before I move on Saturday.  Not a whole lot more to go, but definitely more than I should drink at any one time.  

Then I was trying to type out a long post and it just wasn't happening.  I'm amazed this post is as coherent as it is.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

aMillionDreams

bump.

...looking forward to tonight....
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Penny Lane

re-post---REALLY looking forward to tonight.  ;)

1. finals are done
2. my bosses are working from home today because they are scared of driving in snow (3/4 of their trip is by train, go figure)
3. i have 2 yo la tengo hannukuh shows sunday and monday
4. leaving for ohio on tues to see my family (Namely my 4 year old niece-the cutest human alive)
5. MMJ in less than 2 weeks!!!
6. and lastly---i hope santa brings happy hour early today!!!!

TGIF i need booze!!!! it's been 4 months!!  
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

Quoteit's been 4 months!!  

WHAT!!!?!?!??!

;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jbones72

I'm going to start soon, on the way to being snowed in in Brooklyn!

TEO

IPA #30. Hop Devil from Victory Brewing, Downingtown, PA. Really pretty good for an $8.99 mix and match six picked up at a local supermarket. High hops, low barley. A little rough on the finish, but who cares when the 6.7% is keeping you on your toes!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

capt. scotty

QuoteIPA #30. Hop Devil from Victory Brewing, Downingtown, PA. Really pretty good for an $8.99 mix and match six picked up at a local supermarket. High hops, low barley. A little rough on the finish, but who cares when the 6.7% is keeping you on your toes!

Im a big fan of Victory and Hop Devil is 1 of my favorites..

I also recommend their
Prima Pils (maybe my favorite Pilsner that Ive had, and I typically dont even like Pilsner)
Festbier (their Fall seasonal Oktoberfest beer)
Storm King (a stout, but like most of their brews, a different taste to traditional beers of that style)
Hop Wallop (similar to Hop Devil but not quite as hoppy)
....and last but not least, my favorite,
Old Horizontal (not only does it taste fantastic, but its 10.5% alcohol too....mmmm)

Only ones that I dont like, and both of these I find basically undrinkable, are Golden Monkey and the Victory Lager....yuccckk

capt. scotty

Wow...went for a flyer because it was only 8.99 for a case, and Ive never seen a Pale Ale that cheap...and hot damn!!! what A buy  8-)

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/150/40626

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteIPA #30. Hop Devil from Victory Brewing, Downingtown, PA. Really pretty good for an $8.99 mix and match six picked up at a local supermarket. High hops, low barley. A little rough on the finish, but who cares when the 6.7% is keeping you on your toes!

Im a big fan of Victory and Hop Devil is 1 of my favorites..

I also recommend their
Prima Pils (maybe my favorite Pilsner that Ive had, and I typically dont even like Pilsner)
Festbier (their Fall seasonal Oktoberfest beer)
Storm King (a stout, but like most of their brews, a different taste to traditional beers of that style)
Hop Wallop (similar to Hop Devil but not quite as hoppy)
....and last but not least, my favorite,
Old Horizontal (not only does it taste fantastic, but its 10.5% alcohol too....mmmm)

Only ones that I dont like, and both of these I find basically undrinkable, are Golden Monkey and the Bictory Lager....yuccckk

Golden monkey is horrible.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

mjkoehler

Saturday night, wife and kids have been gone all day, fingers hurt from trip to the geetar store and 3 hours of uninterupted play time, OF COURSE I'm drinkin!