Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LEATHER KID

A few months ago my buddies cabin and getaway spot on the Buffalo River  was burned down by some backwood fuckhead rednecks, but they built a new one and we're gonna break it in tommorrow.  Acoustic instruments, Buffalo Trace, moldy blue pot(disregard that).  I'm pumped......You down Easy JIm?
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

easy jim

QuoteA few months ago my buddies cabin and getaway spot on the Buffalo River  was burned down by some backwood fuckhead rednecks, but they built a new one and we're gonna break it in tommorrow.  Acoustic instruments, Buffalo Trace, moldy blue pot(disregard that).  I'm pumped......You down Easy JIm?

I have fuckin' work...maybe someone can cover for me.  I'll pm you.
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

red

Tom Waits is having a press conference Monday morning, and in all likelihood it'll be the US/UK tour announcement.  Keep your fingers crossed for me as soon as you read this message and don't uncross them until I possess a ticket to at least one show.

Thanks in advance,
Kaley

getinthevan

QuoteTom Waits is having a press conference Monday morning, and in all likelihood it'll be the US/UK tour announcement.  Keep your fingers crossed for me as soon as you read this message and don't uncross them until I possess a ticket to at least one show.

Thanks in advance,
Kaley

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I would love to go see him.  Even though tickets are going to be ridiculously expensive and sell out really, really fast.

The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

crazylove

I am listening to "Touch me I'm Going To Scream pt 2"  

I think I'm going to scream!  It is so heavenly and ethereal!

I HAVE to see MMJ soon!    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

pawpaw

QuoteI've been married for 10 years. It hasn't been the easiet 10 years and there are times were the both of us just look at each other and thought "arrrgh". The greatest feeling in the world is when you first realize you love someone and that overwhelming feeling of just wanting to be with them and your day turns to crap if you do not see or talk to them. I love the feeling that chest is going to rip open from an overload of joy.

After 10 years, we do not get that feeling very much it seems between work, kids, bills, fights/arguments, life in general. We do not have days like this nearly enough (and for your info, enough for me would be every freakin day every minute). Today is one of those days. I almost played hooky from work just so we could be with each other today. I may still just blow this place off. It's only petfood and work will be there Monday.  I want to be home with my wife and best friend. I'm sitting here at work almost on the verge of tears I miss her terribly and I've only been here for an hour and a half.

Sorry to get sappy and emotional. I just love feeling like this and wish I could feel like this more often, like when we first started dating.

That's really sweet mj, nice to read.  :)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

getinthevan

I'm heading to Nashville later this month for Mix Nashville.  Hopefully I'll make learn some sweet stuff, meet some sweet people, and get a good entry level job in live sound (or in a studio, I'm not overly picky right now).  I'm not thrilled about spending a bunch of money but I'll make it worth it.  Now I just need to get a bunch of business cards and cd portfolios printed.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

megalicious

QuoteI'm heading to Nashville later this month for Mix Nashville.  Hopefully I'll make learn some sweet stuff, meet some sweet people, and get a good entry level job in live sound (or in a studio, I'm not overly picky right now).  I'm not thrilled about spending a bunch of money but I'll make it worth it.  Now I just need to get a bunch of business cards and cd portfolios printed.

good luck, man! i wish i had persued a career in audio engineering. maybe one day...
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Penny Lane

QuoteI've been married for 10 years. It hasn't been the easiet 10 years and there are times were the both of us just look at each other and thought "arrrgh". The greatest feeling in the world is when you first realize you love someone and that overwhelming feeling of just wanting to be with them and your day turns to crap if you do not see or talk to them. I love the feeling that chest is going to rip open from an overload of joy.

After 10 years, we do not get that feeling very much it seems between work, kids, bills, fights/arguments, life in general. We do not have days like this nearly enough (and for your info, enough for me would be every freakin day every minute). Today is one of those days. I almost played hooky from work just so we could be with each other today. I may still just blow this place off. It's only petfood and work will be there Monday.  I want to be home with my wife and best friend. I'm sitting here at work almost on the verge of tears I miss her terribly and I've only been here for an hour and a half.

Sorry to get sappy and emotional. I just love feeling like this and wish I could feel like this more often, like when we first started dating.

That's really sweet mj, nice to read.  :)

awwwww....that is so nice....i bet she feels the same way
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

pawpaw

So, I've given my notice to my current employer, and my last day of work here will be the Friday before Memorial Day weekend. I do like my company, and have several things I want to wrap up for them properly before I leave, but there are really no incentives or penalties for me getting things done anymore, so I am CRUISING!!! That, plus they're not giving me any new work, becuase they know I won't be around to complete the projects!

That being said, y'all will probably see me on here quite a bit in the next few weeks between 8AM and 5PM ;D
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Jenny

my brother's opening for no age in the summer!  :o
weird!
www.myspace.com/nonoage
www.myspace.com/jeffreykj

Angry Ewok

Grades were made official today...

Biology II - B
Math 116 - A

GPA: 3.43

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

mjkoehler

]
QuoteThat's really sweet mj, nice to read.  :)

Quoteawwwww....that is so nice....i bet she feels the same way
Thanks guys. And she does...........when I'm not ticking her off by begging to go on concert road trips.

Jenny

my best friend comes home on tuesday after 4 lonely months.
agh!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

whyteand82nd

Quotemy best friend comes home on tuesday after 4 lonely months.
agh!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

AWW best friends are the shit. I'm excited for you.

My current joy: My bestfriend/girlfriend. nothing better then spending time with her and listening to MMJ!!!
4 Fav. bands: My morning Jacket
The Shins
Modest Mouse
The Mars Volta

Jenny

my boyfriend's graduating from mass art next week with distinction. word.

mjkoehler

We are looking at a future vacation (which would be sooner then we realized). It would just be Kel and I and the kids and we would go to Disney again. The big difference, and this would be a surprise to the kids is (highlight to read) <we would be getting married again. Things have been really really good between us lately, except the concert thing. I cannot EVER imagine my life without her.>

dragonboy

That's great news MJ, congratulations!  :D

My current joy is I just found a bookstore that delivers free worldwide! Great news as ordering books from amazon costs a bomb with the shipping.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

QuoteMy current joy is I just found a bookstore that delivers free worldwide! Great news as ordering books from amazon costs a bomb with the shipping.
Hey, share the wealth (link)!  

MJ, that's so awesome.  

dragonboy

Here you go K!

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/

Just thought of another joy...I saw a raccoon a couple of days ago, that was pretty magical!!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.