Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulshine

QuoteWord TEO. It's good to focus on the basic goodness.

I have a little notepad and everyday I write something that I am grateful for. On 7/31 I wrote "I am grateful for the friends I've made on the MMJ forum." I think that everyday, but I try to make my gratitude topic different each day.  :)

Thats a quality gesture soulshine- I hope you keep it up- its a great way to stay positive- even if your not always feeling that way.
Well said TEO & Soulshine...that's pretty special  :)

Thank you kind sir!  ;)
I forgot to tell you this....I was recently on a flight home from Cozumel and we had an emergency landing at the Memphis airport. One of the shops in the airport had a giant Elvis cardboard cutout and I thought of you.  ;D
Emergency landing?!! Were you OK? & did you grab the stand-up for me?  ;)

Kidding aside I hope it wasn't a traumatic experience. The more I fly (so many times back & forth from Japan) the more nervous I become...

We were fine! My friend and I had Bloody Mary's for breakfast that day so I turned on the ipod and tried to nap. We were in the last row of the plane and my friend heard a few conversations between the cockpit and the flight attendant. From the bits and pieces she told me...I'm glad I didn't hear them!! I knew something wasn't right b/c we never got that far off the ground and it was rough the entire way. Apparently there was an "electrical problem" with the plane. Alls I know is that was one of the worst landings I've ever experienced. My friend and I grabbed each others hands the second we slammed into the runway.  :-/
The thought crossed my mind with the cutout..it did, but I had no clue what to do with a life sized Elvis. I'm sure it would have been entertaining watching me walk around with it tho.
Because we're all in this together...

dragonboy

Too scary! Pleased to hear you're OK & thanks a lot for thinking of me  :)

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Penny Lane

QuoteToo scary! Pleased to hear you're OK & thanks a lot for thinking of me  :)

my dad has that!! it's in our basement! lol
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Janet

Only working one and a half days next week!  Will spend the rest of the week road tripping down to L.A. and then San Diego to catch some Pearl Jam shows.

It's funny when I go on vacation, the president of my company asks "who's on tour, Pearl Jam or My Morning Jacket?" [smiley=beer.gif]

capt. scotty

It's funny when I go on vacation, the president of my company asks "who's on tour, Pearl Jam or My Morning Jacket?" [smiley=beer.gif]

;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

As of this morning, 7 days and counting.

weeniebeenie

;D
It is and incredibly good reason not to come into work. ;)
How loud can silence get?

Penny Lane

QuoteAs of this morning, 7 days and counting.

till the marathon?? i thought yours was after mine? mine's in 2 weeks.

mjkoehler

Nope. October 11, this Sunday, and not soon enough. I'm getting antsy.

Penny Lane

you'll do great. big pasta dinner the night before...carry some of that running goo w/you (although i'm sure they'll have it on the course), is kelly gonna get to see you at a couple different spots?  hopefully you'll post some pics on facebook. for me, miles 18-21 are the toughest; when you realize you're at mile and you STILL have a 10K left, adrenaline will carry you home, though WOW. this is so exciting!!!!

Soulshine

QuoteToo scary! Pleased to hear you're OK & thanks a lot for thinking of me  :)

That is the exact cutout I saw...true story!  :)
Because we're all in this together...

mjkoehler

you'll do great. big pasta dinner the night before...carry some of that running goo w/you (although i'm sure they'll have it on the course), is kelly gonna get to see you at a couple different spots?  hopefully you'll post some pics on facebook. for me, miles 18-21 are the toughest; when you realize you're at mile and you STILL have a 10K left, adrenaline will carry you home, though WOW. this is so exciting!!!!
Kels isn't going, just me. The friend I'm crashing with is making me some homemade pasta, can't wait as she tears it up in the kitchen. Surprisingly there is only 1 Gu spot on the course, but tons of ba-ba-banana-nana spots along the way. I actually hate Gu (and Power Gel). Fells like I got a mouth full of something straight men aint supposed to have in their mouths.  :-?  ;) I am taking a few special power bars (since Nestle owns them I get em cheap).

I hope to get some pics. Taking my digi and my friend is a picture fiend.

Penny Lane

Kels isn't going, just me. The friend I'm crashing with is making me some homemade pasta, can't wait as she tears it up in the kitchen. Surprisingly there is only 1 Gu spot on the course, but tons of ba-ba-banana-nana spots along the way. I actually hate Gu (and Power Gel). Fells like I got a mouth full of something straight men aint supposed to have in their mouths.  :-?  ;) I am taking a few special power bars (since Nestle owns them I get em cheap).

I hope to get some pics. Taking my digi and my friend is a picture fiend.

the gu is essential..it's disgusting (extreme salt and sugar) but suck it down, you'll be glad you did. do it early because if you wait too long, there's no point. i would start around mile 5 or so?

mjkoehler

the gu is essential..it's disgusting (extreme salt and sugar) but suck it down, you'll be glad you did. do it early because if you wait too long, there's no point. i would start around mile 5 or so?
Sounds about right. I did my 20 without it, but pretty much hated the world those last 2 miles.

megalicious

this time tomorrow, i will be on my vacation.
8-)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

AMightyCaporal

Quotethis time tomorrow, i will be on my vacation.
8-)

take me with you  :'(
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

.Walt

Quotethis time tomorrow, i will be on my vacation.
8-)

Sorry if I didn't read it, but where are you going? Does it involve something that I'd see on a Corona commercial? I prefer Dos Equis  ;)

Have fun, be safe!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

mjkoehler

Sounds about right. I did my 20 without it, but pretty much hated the world those last 2 miles.

Last run done before the big day. Now 3 days of relaxing, stretching, and eating. Granted I still have to work today, but I have NU v MU to get me through the day.

megalicious

i am going to visit friends in kentucky for the weekend. i am most excited about our saturday afternoon trip to the mammoth cave nature reserve!
:)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

joey kokomo

The Autumn colors are beginning. Looking forward to some long drives listening to my favorite music.
I have a pet iquana. Wish I could find him. He always has a smile on his face.