Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megisnotreal

i think i may have just broken through my six-week long writer's block!

red

Me too!  

I've been working on this one story for the better part of 4 years and the other day I had a revelation and now the words are just pouring out.  

red

I had an absolute blast last night with a wonderful girl I met a few weeks ago and I thought that she moved back to Toronto.   We're meeting up again tonight.  :)

I now direct you to the Current Complaints thread.  

brkndwnbus

I myself have been getting out of writer's block. What I wanted to be a short story is turning into something much larger. Must be due to graduating with a BA in English, which I got from Penn St, diploma came today, so that is my current joy.

FarmerYoda

I'm trying to look at this positively:
Friday at 2:30, all this bullshit will be OVER.

this bullshit referring to finals/midyears

Oh, i'm so excited :)

SMc55

QuoteI myself have been getting out of writer's block. What I wanted to be a short story is turning into something much larger. Must be due to graduating with a BA in English, which I got from Penn St, diploma came today, so that is my current joy.
Congratulations! Well done you!

TEO

Living in INDY the 2 weeks preceeding the Super Bowl!  ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

brkndwnbus

QuoteI myself have been getting out of writer's block. What I wanted to be a short story is turning into something much larger. Must be due to graduating with a BA in English, which I got from Penn St, diploma came today, so that is my current joy.
Congratulations! Well done you!

Thanks! My g/f got mad that I wasn't telling people. A lot of my aunts and uncles were not even aware I just graduated, so typing it out on the internet makes up for that.

megisnotreal

i just got some great news.

8-) :o :)

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quotei just got some great news.

8-) :o :)

What is it?  Can you tell us?  Is it big?  Small?  World shattering?  Did your weed connection finally come through?  Did the phone company reimburse you?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

FarmerYoda

Apple exchanged my 30 gig ipod thats battery broke for a 80 gig video/picture/spectacular ipod! akjsdhflakusetliaseg :):):):)

red

Still said girl from my last post.  And, Ricky Gervais is on Letterman tonight.   ;D

.Walt

i just got done gettin' my internet back. the lady who helped me, was from Louisville. we talked about mmj, and this other band my finest hour.  she was cool as hell and made the time go by fast. thank you charter lady... thank you!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ali

this is also a current complaint, but looking after two little cats for six months for my brother & his girlfriend while they're living in paris (bastards) enjoying the high life....

pics to follow...
love a song for the way it makes you feel

ali

two reasons:
1. tomorrow is AUSTRALIA DAY!!!! happy australia day mates!
2. its a public holiday!!!

8-)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

megisnotreal

the score:

me: 3
writer's block: 1

FarmerYoda

only two more days left of finals.
tomorrow - history.
probably my hardest. but once it's over, it's over :-D
friday - math and spanish
i really need to get an a on the math one because it could be the difference between a C and a B.  pray for me..
spanish'll be a breeeeeeeeeze
:-)

.Walt

Quoteonly two more days left of finals.
tomorrow - history.
i really need to get an a on the math one because it could be the difference between a C and a B.  pray for me..

if i were you, i'd do a Jesse Spanno move on "saved by the bell".  take a look

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u7DTyztV2gE
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

megisnotreal

Quoteonly two more days left of finals.
tomorrow - history.

here's hoping you kick those tests' collective ASS. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

red

How do you tell a girl that you met just a few weeks ago that you've never had feelings so strong for anyone before?  Especially when she's leaving on February 1st.  Oh my, I've got one more weekend left with this girl before she goes overseas.  Tomorrow it's drinks & dancing, Saturday it's coffee, etc..

The thing is I've NEVER made a pass on a girl before, but she's really something special and something strange came over me.