Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Mar 22, 2011, 12:51 PM
I have been sober 2 years today....not one drop. I quit cold turkey and haven't looked back. Not a day goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars for having the guts to quit drinking. It was such a huge part of my life. I grew up with two functional alcohlics for parents. They are both deceased . I wish they were here to see me sober. The only thing I regret is not quitting sooner than I did. If any of you out there are considering quitting, you want regret it. Never did the AA thing and I NEVER preach to people about the demons of alcohol. If any of you need a shoulder to lean on then shoot me a pm. I'm always here for you guys !

Here's your 2 year chip   ;)   :thumbsup:

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

bluesky

I'm not sure if thebigchicken is an appropriate name for how awesome of an accomplishment that is! More power to ya man!

tdb810

I have been sober 2 years today....not one drop. I quit cold turkey and haven't looked back. Not a day goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars for having the guts to quit drinking. It was such a huge part of my life. I grew up with two functional alcohlics for parents. They are both deceased . I wish they were here to see me sober. The only thing I regret is not quitting sooner than I did. If any of you out there are considering quitting, you want regret it. Never did the AA thing and I NEVER preach to people about the demons of alcohol. If any of you need a shoulder to lean on then shoot me a pm. I'm always here for you guys !

that's truly awesome.....good for you.  and if you ever need a sober partner at a show, i know my hubby would be happy to hang with ya :)
.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

Congrats, Big Chix!  2 years sober is huge!  :thumbsup:

So is your offer of support.   :dankk2:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

weeniebeenie

Congrats TheBigChicken!!! :)
How loud can silence get?

Ruckus

Nice job Chicken!   :coffee:

I'm happy for all the west coasters that got gigs today.

Also enjoying my new Firefox
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

megalicious

Selleck. Waterfall. Sandwich.
http://selleckwaterfallsandwich.tumblr.com/

Also this:

This makes me loose it.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

pawpaw

John, this is one of the best posts that I've ever read on this board. I'm happy for you!  :)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

woodnymph

Meg that picture cracks me up!!!! Hahahahahhahahah  ;D ;D

Oh man there's some great gems since I was last here!

Quote from: Jon T. on Mar 22, 2011, 12:04 PM
;D
When I saw that moon (and every full moon, for that matter) my inner voice always screams, "that big fat moon is gonna shine like a spoon - but we're gonna let it, you won't regret it"! 
I JUST HAD THAT ON LAST NIGHT and I thought to myself "Crap that's one I missed!!!!"  That's so funny you'd been thinking of it all along! /added to noggin.  There we go.

Congrats TBC!! That's a huge accomplishment that I can't say I currently know anyone else who's been able to do the same. It's never too late!  Like PL said, your folks would definitely be proud  :)

And I'd just like to throw in the current joy mix that my move to Asheville has been a hot tamale!  The place is a vortex, surrounded by mountains on every side.  One of the first businesses I saw the day I moved here is called Lothlorien. I might have a side job teaching about herbs at a place called EagleDove Greenhouse, and I'm currently helping an amazingly nice lady with her gardening & yardwork needs.  She's got 4 hens and some chickies waiting to hatch come April!  Having a second interview on Monday at a garden center (think I got it!!)  And herb class has been supernatural  ;)  (Thanks for askin Maggie! How've YOU been!!? I keep seein' shows lining up in Chi town, and I think of how lucky ya are up there! :-D )
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

aMillionDreams

Way to go, John!

I'm looking through my tickets for upcoming events and watching my summer come together.  It dawned on me last night that this may be my last teacher summer and I need to live it up! 

4-1 WSP at the Palace
4-4 Reds game, VIP seats
4-17 MMJ in Lexington
6-17 MMJ in Chicago
8-3 Flaming Lips and Primus at Red Rocks
8-4 MMJ at Red Rocks
8-6 Rockies game with forum peeps

That's a pretty good start!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

megalicious

Damn, Dylan. I'm jealous!
:)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

devilsallie

Ahhh lazy Sunday how will I fill thee?

darkglow

Quote from: devilsallie on Mar 27, 2011, 03:17 PM

start by watching this and then watching footage of Terminal 5 until 3am....

GO!!!

my morning jacket miss you into cobra 2010.10.19 terminal 5 nyc

devilsallie

Quote from: darkglow on Mar 27, 2011, 05:47 PM

GO!!!

Thanks, dark! This will make a killer soundtrack for what has become a lazy day of cleaning (unfortunately).

Penny Lane

1. random phone calls from dead (Teo) and crazylove

2. Felice Brothers show last night (new material sounds GREAT!)

3. 2 good runs in this weekend (although it's back to 27 degrees-yay global warming/cooling)

4. True Blood season 1 (just finished) sexy vampires and shape shifters!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ynwa

Quote from: darkglow on Mar 27, 2011, 05:47 PM

GO!!!

my T5 videos still popping up on the boards  :)  never get tired of watching them

woodnymph - so great to hear that you are settling in nicely "down south".  it sounds like the stars are aligning & things are just clicking into place for ya.  you're gonna knock 'em dead on that 2nd interview  :thumbsup:
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

TEO

Good news cola!!! You must feel GREAT... :thumbsup:
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Jon T.

This kid is my current joy.  He has accumulated some rain gear over the last couple of months.  He was so excited  it was raining this morning, all he wanted to do was get dressed and go to school to show his friends his gear.  Check out the sweet fireman boots he's wearing.   ;D

In other current joy news, my wife had an ultrasound this morning.  Baby is measuring 7lb 7oz with a little over three weeks to go.  My son was 9lb 5oz and this one looks like it'll be almost the same.  Hooray for big babies.  They are soooo easy to handle.

BH

Oh Jon, that has got to be one of the cutest damn pictures I've seen in my life!  Congrats on the ultrasound!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

Quote from: Jon T. on Mar 30, 2011, 03:29 PM
This kid is my current joy.  He has accumulated some rain gear over the last couple of months.  He was so excited  it was raining this morning, all he wanted to do was get dressed and go to school to show his friends his gear.  Check out the sweet fireman boots he's wearing.   ;D

In other current joy news, my wife had an ultrasound this morning.  Baby is measuring 7lb 7oz with a little over three weeks to go.  My son was 9lb 5oz and this one looks like it'll be almost the same.  Hooray for big babies.  They are soooo easy to handle.

I hope you realize you are in some of the best years of your life! Suck it up duder while you gots it... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary