Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

So I FINALLY got my mom to download TeamViewer onto my brother's laptop so that I could view & control it for them back home. (My brother has few computer abilities, and my mom is knowledgeable enough that I can usually walk her through things over the phone...)  I even wrote them step-by-step instructions for downloading music from Amazon and putting it to his ipod, cause I knew once I moved I wouldn't be able to remember what the screen & the prompts looked like in order to walk them through it all...

But they both were trying to d/l songs from Amazon, and somewhere along the lines, my brother got things real mixed up, and none of the songs he downloaded were showing up as being anywhere on his hard drive...

And walking them through searches for file locations, etc was failing, should I say, epically... My mom even called Amazon and talked to the people for at least an hour or so in the period of two weeks.

So my roommate told me about the TeamViewer program, and lo and behold I convinced her to d/l it and within seconds (literally, under a minute!) I had her ID and her Password and her computer screen popped up as a window on my computer screen, and next thing I knew I was moving their mouse and clicking all over the place and freaking everyone out in general  :P

Technology, goddamn!!!  I can now remotely access any of my family's computers and help them out in all kinds of ways while being away from home..... this. is. AWESOME!!!  (And mucho user-friendly)  I highly recommend it for anyone in any type of similar situation!   :thumbsup:

*Edit:  you computer-savvy folks probably knew about this thing for years or something... but how refreshing it is for a noob like myself!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

megalicious

I got some AWESOME news today!
:o
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

tdb810

Quote from: megalicious on Jun 07, 2011, 10:30 AM

oooooooooooooo  ????
.....Back at the Model Home

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Jon T.

Quote from: megalicious on Jun 07, 2011, 10:30 AM

does it involve 8/19?

woodnymph

HERB SCHOOL GRADUATION WAS TONIGHT!!!

Now that school has come to a close and work is dying down, I'm finding more time to EXPLORE again!

Things are mighty righteous... the present is glisteninggg, with notes that ring so true........  8)

(And Meg, the suspense!!!   :o  What's goin' on girl??)

ALady

CONGRATS, WOODY!!!!  Well done miss lady!  :D :D :D  :bath:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

woodnymph

Thank you Dear!!!  :-D :-D  It's been a great 3 or 4 months!!!  ;)

I'm also currently joyful of the new Google home logo, of Les Paul's 96th bday!

Ruckus

A Walts sighting :thumbsup:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

Quote from: Ruckus on Jun 09, 2011, 02:31 AM
A Walts sighting :thumbsup:

I didn't tell you to look up at the moon once the clock strikes midnight? Because I'm looking at that exact same moon at the exact same time...I even adjusted to east coast time.   :-*

Current joy: New album and I'm going to a show. Tomorrow it's grillin', croquet (such a gentleman's game), and drinking. Life is good!

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

TEO

Git yo ass to CO for Red Rocks Big Feller...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

megalicious

Had to wait to tell y'all my current joy...

MMJ in Tuscaloosa! It's a benefit for the United Way! I am beyond elated and so touched by their kindness!
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Hawkeye

Quote from: woodnymph on Jun 06, 2011, 11:04 PM
So I FINALLY got my mom to download TeamViewer onto my brother's laptop so that I could view & control it for them back home. (My brother has few computer abilities, and my mom is knowledgeable enough that I can usually walk her through things over the phone...)  I even wrote them step-by-step instructions for downloading music from Amazon and putting it to his ipod, cause I knew once I moved I wouldn't be able to remember what the screen & the prompts looked like in order to walk them through it all...

But they both were trying to d/l songs from Amazon, and somewhere along the lines, my brother got things real mixed up, and none of the songs he downloaded were showing up as being anywhere on his hard drive...

And walking them through searches for file locations, etc was failing, should I say, epically... My mom even called Amazon and talked to the people for at least an hour or so in the period of two weeks.

So my roommate told me about the TeamViewer program, and lo and behold I convinced her to d/l it and within seconds (literally, under a minute!) I had her ID and her Password and her computer screen popped up as a window on my computer screen, and next thing I knew I was moving their mouse and clicking all over the place and freaking everyone out in general  :P

Technology, goddamn!!!  I can now remotely access any of my family's computers and help them out in all kinds of ways while being away from home..... this. is. AWESOME!!!  (And mucho user-friendly)  I highly recommend it for anyone in any type of similar situation!   :thumbsup:

*Edit:  you computer-savvy folks probably knew about this thing for years or something... but how refreshing it is for a noob like myself!

Thanks for the tip, your Woodyness!  I've been thinking of doing exactly something like this for my mom.  She's improved mucho with her computer skills, but still needs help.

Current Joy:  My new iPhone 4!  Big jump from the ol' Samsung SCH-U450 slider I had.  If anyone has any app recommenations, let's hear 'em!  Or maybe that could be its own thread....

Also, sitting on an exercise ball at work, rather than this crappy-ass office chair that kills my back.

Ginger lemondade...I've been using this recipe:  http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/ginger-lemonade-10000000224895/
We could.

woodnymph

Quote from: Hawkeye on Jun 09, 2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the tip, your Woodyness!  I've been thinking of doing exactly something like this for my mom.  She's improved mucho with her computer skills, but still needs help.

Current Joy:  My new iPhone 4!  Big jump from the ol' Samsung SCH-U450 slider I had.  If anyone has any app recommenations, let's hear 'em!  Or maybe that could be its own thread....

Also, sitting on an exercise ball at work, rather than this crappy-ass office chair that kills my back.

Ginger lemondade...I've been using this recipe:  http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/ginger-lemonade-10000000224895/

Oh I do hope the TeamViewer can help you guys out!!  It was such an amazing surprise to be able to control everything..... I literally downloaded their music off of Amazon, added it to their iTunes library, and had my brother plug his iPod in-- then I synced the music to his iPod!!!  From my computer!!  It was so crazy.... I told them to watch for when the iPod displays the screen that says "It is now safe to unplug your iPod." And when it was complete, I had him double-check that all of the music was there, and it was.  Just the coolest thing ever  8)  Let me know if you use it, I'd love to hear how it goes!! :-D

lil sis

Booked my flight out to Denver this morning for jacket westfest at red rocks. Now sitting on the beach with my love. Sister that lives in Pittsburgh is home this wknd for our other sister's baby shower tomorrow. Life is good.  :beer:
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

Crispy

Quote from: lil sis on Jun 10, 2011, 12:20 PM
Booked my flight out to Denver this morning for jacket westfest at red rocks. Now sitting on the beach with my love. Sister that lives in Pittsburgh is home this wknd for our other sister's baby shower tomorrow. Life is good.  :beer:

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

kydiddle

I love that there seems to be a neverending supply of sisters in this family!  ;D Enjoy your lovely weekend!
Cow temperature.

lil sis

Quote from: kydiddle on Jun 10, 2011, 12:38 PM

I love that there seems to be a neverending supply of sisters in this family!  ;D Enjoy your lovely weekend!
Four girls. God bless my father lol.
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

mahg33ta

Seriously!  I read through that trying to make sense of it.   All's I could think of were these logic puzzles I used to do in magazines that give you a bunch of facts and you have to piece it together:  one sister lives in Pittsburgh.  One sister is pregnant.  Two sisters like MMJ.  One sister has a boyfriend.   One sister met the perfect guy but he was engaged.   That sister does not live in Pittsburgh. 

kydiddle

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jun 10, 2011, 01:35 PM

Seriously!  I read through that trying to make sense of it.   All's I could think of were these logic puzzles I used to do in magazines that give you a bunch of facts and you have to piece it together:  one sister lives in Pittsburgh.  One sister is pregnant.  Two sisters like MMJ.  One sister has a boyfriend.   One sister met the perfect guy but he was engaged.   That sister does not live in Pittsburgh.

;D ;D ;D
Cow temperature.