Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Quote from: Fully on Nov 17, 2011, 09:35 AM
I had to have some tests run this week because it was possible that I had bladder cancer. My grandfather had it when I was a kid and my biggest memory of it is that my grandmother had to help him change his illeostomy bag after they removed his bladder. He lived for another 15 years after that. Anyway, I really didn't want to have to deal with that or cancer for that matter. Lucky me! No cancer! I am so thankful today. In fact, I even splurged to celebrate and now I'm going to the MSG show!
Such wonderful news Fully!   :)  See ya there!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

That is excellent news, Fully!  It will be a celebration of life, to be sure!   :thumbsup:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Fully

Thanks all of you! I am really happy not to have to deal with serious illness. It makes me have just a bit more appreciation for how good my life it!

megalicious

The surgery I had a few weeks ago removed all the cancer cells! I don't have to see my onocologist again for SIX months!
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

johnnYYac

Hooray for Meg and Fully!  So glad your outcomes are positive.  My mom and dad are both cancer survivors.  Stay healthy and happy. 

:thumbsup:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Crispy

Woohoo, so great to hear that, you guys!  :D
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

kydiddle

Glad there is so much good health news going around. Stay healthy, peeps!  :thumbsup:
Cow temperature.

mjk73

I plan on running the Goofy Challange in January 2013. In looking at the calendar for 2013, it'll be the weekend of my 40th. Yeah my 40th should be interesting. At least no lame surprise birthday party.

TEO

TEO married deepest person he ever met... :) (even though she IS fucking crazy)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

headhunter

Quote from: TEO on Nov 30, 2011, 04:40 PM
:) you are a lucky man!

If we weren't all crazy, we'd all go insane!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Fully

Quote from: TEO on Nov 30, 2011, 04:40 PM

Congratulations!!! :beer:

capt. scotty

Im a little late, but great to hear Meg and Fully  :)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

weeniebeenie

Today started out excellent- I got my tickets for the Soundgarden show here in Sydney next year.
Then turned bad- A bird pooped on my jeans.
Then turned extremely good- My sister and I went to a Neil Young exhibition and I ended up buying a framed Henry Diltz picture of Neil at a piano.
There were also amazing Joel Bernstein photos of Neil and heaps of others; The Bob Dylan Freewheelin' pic, The Who, The Beatles, Bowie, The Stones, The Doors etc.

Two out of three ain't bad.
How loud can silence get?

Hawkeye

So my girlfriend could not wait to give me my Christmas present...she practically twisted my arm off to get me to open this, but she got me a Rega P1 turntable!  She didn't realize that I'd need a preamp to use it, so I need to look for one of those (RECOMMENDATIONS ARE WELCOME!), but I can't wait to hear this thing.  First album played will be Circuital  :)

http://www.rega.co.uk/html/RP1.htm

I think I'm going to give my old turntable and a copy of Circuital to my buddy for Christmas.  Pay it forward, right?
We could.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Hawkeye on Dec 02, 2011, 10:54 AM
So my girlfriend could not wait to give me my Christmas present...she practically twisted my arm off to get me to open this, but she got me a Rega P1 turntable!  She didn't realize that I'd need a preamp to use it, so I need to look for one of those (RECOMMENDATIONS ARE WELCOME!), but I can't wait to hear this thing.  First album played will be Circuital  :)

I think I'm going to give my old turntable and a copy of Circuital to my buddy for Christmas.  Pay it forward, right?

that's awesome! what a great gift and nice of you to pay it forward...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

YouAre_GivenToFly

That is one SHARP looking turntable man... nice! That gal sounds like a keeper.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

ophidiophobia

My ex bought me my turntable that I'm using now for Christmas a couple years ago; best thing she ever did for me other than maybe giving her new boyfriend the Nickelback tickets had bought her Christmas that same year.

Hawkeye

Got this preamp to go with the turntable.  Might as well stick with the Rega components I suppose.

http://www.rega.co.uk/html/Fono%20mini.htm
We could.

woodnymph

Ms. WeenieBeenie, it sounds like the bird poop really DID bring good luck!  So it's not an old wise tale after all...... heh but that Neil pic sounds fantastic, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say it would be awesome if you could post a pic of it sometime!

And Hawk, that looks like one SMOOOOTH turntable!  Yeeooww!  Congrats congrats!!

And it looks like I'm mobile again!  Gave my 30 day notice at this current beautiful house, to hopefully join another friend or two at a much smaller, yet funner, place a couple miles down thee road.....  this house is gorgeous, and I could see myself staying here for years (and I don't say that often!  unless I'm on the beach or high on a mountain....) But the guy who lives here and oversees things and writes up the sublease contracts etc is, well, difficult.  He's got a good heart and good intentions aplenty, but if you guys happen to think I'm a health nut...... you ain't seen nothin' yet!  He's one radical dude.  One can only take so much raw vegan preaching in a day....  and god bless my other two roommates, cause he really lays into them about their lifestyles...

But anyway!  The new little cottage is only about 20 mins out of Asheville, with woods and a beautiful creek in the backyard, and down a little dirt road over a little bridge, and it's one of the cutest things ever.  The Universe seems to have pushed me right into this place, so I'm assuming our funds will work themselves out (it's kind of a lot required up-front) But this one's optimistic  :)

I also landed another part-time gig as a personal assistant yesterday, right off the Elk Mountain Scenic Highway (It's maybe a mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway!)  And the lady seems really cool, and we're gonna give it a month trial period to see how we mesh!  But it seems good so far  8)

So thaz all for now, hope everyone's all good here, thanks for listenin!  :-*
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ophidiophobia

Going to the OSU vs OU game tomorrow and MMJ Tuesday and Wednesday night. Pretty sure I didn't accomplish anything at work this week because my mind has been on these two events. I feel bad because I'm not completly consumed with Bedlam and at the same time I feel bad because I'm not completly consumed with MMJ. Overall this has the making of an epic week. Looking forward to all of it. Go Pokes and Go Jacket!